Sponsored by:

100 Octane Fuel in S.F. Bay area

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 09:49 PM
EP Guy
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 100 Octane Fuel in S.F. Bay area

FYI......To all in the San Francisco Bay area. As some, if not all, of us are aware of, the Union 76 station, on Almaden Expressway in San Jose, CA., sells 100 Octane fuel.
It is inconvenient, from where I live to make this trek to get the fuel. So, I contacted an owner of a Union 76, in Saratoga, CA. Corner of Highway 9 and Sunnyvale/Saratoga Rd. His name is Rick.
He has agreed to spearhead an effort to carry the 100 octane fuel. It has taken us a couple of months to get to see the light at the end of the tunnel. But, to make a long story short...... He has agreements with 6(needs 8) station owners to carry the fuel. The delivery distributor wants "X" amount of fuel delivered each week.
The good news, I know if he gets the other two stations to join, we will have 100 Octane surrounding the bay. Saratoga, San Francisco, Fremont, Marin area(not sure), San Jose, Milpitas and the others are unknown.
We should have a solid answer by the middle of next week. I will monitor the post or if you want to contact me about this, email me at epguy8@aol.com, I'll be happy to pass on any information I have and Rick would love to hear more support or letters.
I also have motorcycle clubs on a letter writing campaign.
Old 05-29-2003, 03:05 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
You can get a list of all race fuel 76 stations in any given state using the locator tool at <a href="http://www.76.com" target="_blank">www.76.com</a>

I'd love to have the 76 in Saratoga offer race gas (bikes and cars go there already to meet before doing "the lap" along Hwy 9) and the operator of that station should see the number of cars and bikes that wait for both sides of the 100 RON pump at the station at almaden/foxworthy.

The cheapest unleaded high octane gas around Marin (that I know of) is at Sears Point. In fact, right now, they have 91 at $1.87 (still at least 20c cheaper than anywhere, plus you're supporting a local track!) but their 96 (I think) and 100) are more like $3.80 and $4.50 ... I find I need about four gallons of 100 in a 26 gallon tank, mixed with 91, to get the ECU to play friendly and keep the knock sensor quiet if I want to run hard. Filling up with 100 from empty really doesn't do all that much (and it gets expensive!)

I think I'll start patronising that 76 in Saratoga just because he's trying.

Cheers,

ps. No, I'm not a shill and I have no prior contact with these people of 76 and both my dogs pissed all over that 76 station every week for years, so I'm not even sure I'm welcome there...
Old 05-30-2003, 05:06 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just a note that 100 octane is also available at the 76 station at 975 Woodside Rd in Redwood City. This station is not listed on the web site (which appears to be pretty dated).

Quick Reply: 100 Octane Fuel in S.F. Bay area