Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Racing & Drivers Education Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum-65/)
-   -   VIR - Loding for you and your car!!! (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum/301895-vir-loding-for-you-and-your-car.html)

sleder 09-29-2006 10:41 AM

VIR - Loding for you and your car!!!

Now has garage space available to rent -
VIR Hospitality Suites and Paddock Garages

Take your trackside hospitality to the next level with VIR’s new
Hospitality Suites! This new 18-unit facility is located right on
the pit lane in the middle of all the action and a short walk from
the timing & scoring tower and pagoda. Each suite includes a
wet bar, flat-screen TV, high-speed wireless internet, bathroom
with shower, refrigerator, microwave and a shared balcony
overlooking the pit lane and front straight with a view of the start-
finish line. In addition, there are two fold-down double beds to
facilitate overnight accommodation.

The Hospitality Suites are located directly above the new
VIR Paddock Garages, providing an ideal situation for racing
teams and sponsors who want to have their hospitality unit in
close proximity to their cars. Plans for the sub-level include
laundry facility and weight room.

Weekend rates are available for the Paddock Garages
as well as daily rates Monday through Friday.

For more information, contact Sandie Marshall

at 434-822-7700, ext. 110.

1245 Pine Tree Road • Alton, Virginia 24520

434.822.7700 • www.virclub.com

John H 09-29-2006 10:52 AM

All I can say is "WOW". What is the rate?

sleder 09-29-2006 11:05 AM

John, You need to give Sandy a bizzz. I think it's $199. for the weekend!!! That is a GREAT DEAL, I think.

Bull 09-29-2006 11:34 AM

We watched those being built last year and the ability to reserve them opened up last Winter. There now is a long waiting list for them and the Lodge at VIR for the NNJR event in November.

sleder 09-29-2006 11:35 AM

According to Sandi at VIR they are available !!! Call Her. The lodge is booked by departure day of NNJR for the following year.

kurt M 09-29-2006 11:52 AM

I have stayed in them and they are roomy and the location can't be beat. The track might want to look into a time limit for working in the garages and the sound carrys up into the rooms.

A930Rocket 09-29-2006 01:17 PM

We noticed that one night when some guy was working on his car and revvining it up at 10PM. Not late, but after a day at the track it was annoying while trying to relay with the idiot box.

Originally Posted by kurt M
I have stayed in them and they are roomy and the location can't be beat. The track might want to look into a time limit for working in the garages and the sound carrys up into the rooms.

sleder 09-29-2006 03:09 PM

GARAGES are still available. Rooms at the Lodge are NOT!

Bull 09-29-2006 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by sleder
According to Sandi at VIR they are available !!! Call Her. The lodge is booked by departure day of NNJR for the following year.

For the NNJR dates, 11/9 - 11/12, both The Lodge rooms and the Garage Suites are fully booked and NOT available. There are garages only available at $199 for the weekend. They do rent the suites and the garages seperately, so don't assume someone won't be working under you if you don't rent the garage with suites.

In past years, VIR would not take any reservations for the following year until after the first of the year, when schedules were set. This what they did last year for 2006, and they just told me they will likely do the same for next year.

sleder 09-29-2006 04:17 PM

Garages are available. I have had my room reserved for the following each year since they opened which this will be the 3rd...

Bull 09-29-2006 04:32 PM

Garages are available. I have had my room reserved for the following each year since they opened which this will be the 3rd...

Interesting. They wouldn't allow any of us to do so last year, and just told me "no" for this time around. Both years they have said that they don't take reservations until the schedules are set. Last year they even posted on The Lodge web page that "No 2006 reservations are available" until after the first of the year. Not a big deal as I made my reservation after the first of the year, along with several others. Apparently the following year was not fully booked by the end of the NNJR event last year.

sleder 09-29-2006 06:16 PM

If you want to get an early confirmation ask Sandie, she is an angle.
They all have been very good to me.

Bull 09-29-2006 06:19 PM

If you want to get an early confirmation ask Sandie, she is an angle.
They all have been very good to me.

I spoke with Sandie earlier today, but will do so again and tell her of your experiences. I agree that they have all been very nice over the years.

930man 09-29-2006 11:40 PM

does nnj group still have room for instructors???? great group to run with would love to run with them this year

Bull 09-30-2006 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by 930man
does nnj group still have room for instructors???? great group to run with would love to run with them this year

It would be great to see you there! I think there will be a spot for you, but check with Russ at trackchair@nnjr-pca.com, or just send him your app. I plan to have my new car there for my first voyage in it, 964 USA Cup 04.