Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there something wrong with my wife?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 06:59 AM
sww914
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, no sisters of any description, no daughters, but she does have a gay brother, if you'd like to give that a try.
I'd like to get her out on the track, but she really doesn't want to. I've tried to convince her that even if she's intimidated by the racecar, she's already comfortable in her WRX, and it's a decent track car, she should try an autocross or an easy DE day, but she still doesn't want to try. She had a hard time learning to drive, her mother "taught" her, and SHE can barely drive herself, the whole time her mom was saying "you're going to be terrible at this, you'll never get it."
As a result, my wife really doesn't like driving, and the idea of competing or being evaluated in any way in a car makes her cringe, but she's glad I enjoy it.
Don't think that she's a wimp, though, she was a wildland firefighter, and then did search and rescue in the Coast Guard. One day, her first day of duty at a new station, she had to go out in 35-40 foot breaking waves in a 30 foot boat to rescue Navy Seals that had capsized in the surf. The Navy seals deny that it ever happened, they confiscated everyone's film that they could, but I have pictures of her standing on the upside down Seal boat, tying it off in order to right it.

Quick Reply: Is there something wrong with my wife?