Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 11:55 AM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nordschleife
Larry
The expression 'carrying the money bag', is a mere figure of speech, it actually has to be opened up and the spondulicks distributed..... if you would like to take that over as well, I'll shout you a berniepass and an intro to some of the pit babes as well!

R+C
Hey, I'm great with OPM (other peoples money), if that's what we are talking about here. If it's my own, well that's another story. I think that I'd be tapped out just buying an F1 team lunch!
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 04-14-2006, 01:00 PM
GREEK-TURBO-RACER
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z-man
I hope this information is not true, for the sake of the Mercedes/McLaren camp. IMHO, Montoya doesn't have what it takes...

For Ronn Dennis and his crew, it would be best to pay Kimi what ever he wants. And of course , give him a good , reliable car. Which has been a problem. Once sorted , I think Kimi and his crew CAN BE dominent. All efforts WILL go to Kimi for wins. Not JPM. Juan went through the same deal with that a$$hole Frank Williams. Ralf getting all the support, while Frank gave JPM $hit for a car.

Now, will Fiat give money that there struggling to make to Ferrari to pay Kimi ?? I don't think so. Fiat told Ferrari a couple of years ago that money from them is running slim. And that they have to attain further funds elswhere in the next few years. I have to agree with many that the Ferrari dominace is over. Would not be smart for Kimi to go there when they will not be the team they once were. No matter how good Kimi is as a driver.

Better Ferrari sign JPM for a lot less $$$ and start from scratch. All of Micheals people will have left with him anyways. So there will be no conflict on who is using who's people. JPM's volotile/emotional demeanor will suit Ferrari better I think. They have always loved a flat out, ***** to the walls type of driver with a an attitude.

Theo
Old 04-14-2006, 01:08 PM
Nordschleife
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Hey, I'm great with OPM (other peoples money), if that's what we are talking about here. If it's my own, well that's another story. I think that I'd be tapped out just buying an F1 team lunch!
Nice try Larry!
Old 04-14-2006, 03:47 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,221 Likes on 1,253 Posts

Posted on AR1 yesterday:

’Kimi signed Ferrari deal long ago’ UPDATE Michael Schumacher offered a straight face to speculation that Kimi Raikkonen is now a fully-contracted Ferrari driver for 2007.

The German, presumably to either agree to be the ace Finn's new teammate, switch to another team or retire, told German publications on Wednesday that he would not comment on the latest wave of media gossip.

A so-called Ferrari 'source' told Switzerland's Blick newspaper this week that Raikkonen, 26, signed his red contract more than a full year ago.

Asked for his reaction, 37-year-old Schumacher said: ''Same as usual; I do not comment on rumors because someone always makes something (more) out of what I say.''

04/12/06 (GMMf1NET) For more than a year now, Kimi Raikkonen's signature has appeared on a long-term Ferrari contract for 2007 and beyond.
That is the claim of a Ferrari 'source', who told Switzerland's 'Blick' publication that the information is common wisdom up and down the corridors of Maranello.

''I am surprised that the (news) was not made official a long time ago,'' the newspaper quoted the source as saying.

The red-colored destination of McLaren's 26-year-old Finn has been spoken about at Ferrari 'for months', the source added.
Old 04-15-2006, 02:51 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

all this moving around still leaves a seat a Renault and presumably one at McLaren wide open.

Actually the one at Renault may very easily and probably be filled by Kovaleinen (spell?).

Can Jarno fill the spot at McLaren or will it be Paffet? How about all the rumors about Valentino Rossi at Ferrari?

This does seem kind of early in the year for the "silly season" to be out in full force! I guess Alonso started that by making his announcement about moving to McLaren so early on.
Old 04-15-2006, 04:12 PM
Geo
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't forget that McLaren has long had their own driver development program for some time. I don't see any current F1 driver that is not currently signed that could really interest McLaren. I'd expect them to pull from their development program or perhaps try to grap Piquet Jr. He seems to be doing quite well in GP2. I'm not sure a Piquet would fit in the McLaren mold though.
Old 04-16-2006, 12:08 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MJSpeed
all this moving around still leaves a seat a Renault and presumably one at McLaren wide open.

Actually the one at Renault may very easily and probably be filled by Kovaleinen (spell?).

Can Jarno fill the spot at McLaren or will it be Paffet? How about all the rumors about Valentino Rossi at Ferrari?

This does seem kind of early in the year for the "silly season" to be out in full force! I guess Alonso started that by making his announcement about moving to McLaren so early on.
Oh COME ON! It is K O V A L A I N E N! How many times I have to spell if for you guys!

I think he will be the guy nexdt year at Renault. And who knows, maybe Schumi will be his team mate there...

If Rossi will be in F1, I think he'll end up in Red Bull, not in Ferrari yet.

Quick Reply: Kimi's a Ferrari man in 2007.