Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Racing & Drivers Education Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum-65/)
-   -   Daytona now on official PCA club race schedule (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum/255131-daytona-now-on-official-pca-club-race-schedule.html)

Mike in Chi 02-20-2006 02:49 PM

Daytona now on official PCA club race schedule

It's on the PCA site now -- Oct 13-15

Yee-haw

Thought about the possibility all during the 500 yesterday. Should be very cool.

Will bump drafting (in straights only) count as a 13/13 offense?

mitch236 02-20-2006 03:08 PM

How do I sign up for DE? I will definately be there

Mike in Chi 02-20-2006 03:25 PM

Watch the site.

I understand (from Nat'l registrar) Sebring DE sold out in a couple of days.

The race was a week or so.

I'm sure Daytona will be similar.

Flying Finn 02-20-2006 04:04 PM

Damn! Thanks Mike.

Ditto what Mitch said, we need to know when to sign up!

BluemaxxRacing 02-20-2006 04:59 PM

Man, my baby is supposed to be born Sept 4th. Bad enough that that day is the Miami/FSU game but now my first chance to race at Daytona is only 1 month after. By hook or crook, I am going to try to get there....

gbaker 02-20-2006 06:30 PM

Are they using the Rolex course layout? One would hope.

Mark in Baltimore 02-20-2006 06:35 PM

Anyone have any idea what the race format will be like? I see that there's no enduro.

Mike in Chi 02-20-2006 07:40 PM

I was told they wanted to basically replicate the 48 hours at Sebring, which would mean DE and enduros

Are there any choices there besides the tri-oval and the 24 hour course? I don't think so. I imagine it will be the 24 hour course.

Rennsport Reunion was run in conjunction with PCA, and they ran the 24 hour course.

Mark in Baltimore 02-20-2006 08:16 PM

Cool. The PCA site doesn't have the asterisk denoting an enduro event.

I'm not up for driving 850 miles for a 30 minute sprint race...

Mike in Chi 02-20-2006 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
Cool. The PCA site doesn't have the asterisk denoting an enduro event.

I'm not up for driving 850 miles for a 30 minute sprint race...

For most tracks, I'd agree with you.

But in the case they end up not having an enduro, I'd say you're driving 850 miles to spend three and a half hours on the high banks

(But I'll bet ya there are enduros. And not just one because the closing rates would be so great. Can you imagine Leh or Norm's video from Daytona!)

DrJupeman 02-20-2006 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
I'd say you're driving 850 miles to spend three and a half hours on the high banks

Sucks for the wet sump cars...

Manny Alban 02-20-2006 08:47 PM

I think there's probably alot of planning still to do with the race. I believe they wanted to post the date as soon as they could so everyone had proper notice of the race date.

The club race gods were smiling on me as I will be in Disney World 7 days prior to the race. My wife wanted to drive, I wanted to fly. I'm letting my wife have her way. Only catch is that we're towing something on the way down. My kids are happy because it extends their stay in Orlando another 4 days, I'm happy because I get to play in my own Disney World for three days :)

Mike in Chi 02-20-2006 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
Sucks for the wet sump cars...

:D

carreracup21 02-20-2006 09:16 PM

Yeah, no way I could miss this one. It's hard to explain the feelings this track evokes the first time you hit the banking and exit NASCAR 4 at 170 plus drifting out toward the wall and rocketing down through the tri-oval. The speed is really on a whole different level from what most of us have ever experienced at the track. It really has a way of focusing your attention and testing your nerve.

mrbill_fl 02-20-2006 09:38 PM

several months ago this was discussed, as a pboc event...

here is a 'Bike' layout that might be used...
It takes away nascar 1 & 2, but still gives us the bus stop, Nascar 3 & 4 plus T1 :D

http://www.daytonainternationalspeed...jsp?news_id=74

of course I'd prefer the 24 hrs course.

-imho, the bus stop and T1 are 10's on the pucker meter The banks are just for grins.