Sponsored by:

Q ab NASA re: seatback brace

Old 01-03-2006, 10:53 PM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Indeed Jeff;

There are many mitigating factors; unsupported tube length, thickness, diameter, and so on. As I said, it is a matter of degrees, and I don't necessarily dissagree with you.

I'm into self realization and personal responsibility. I am more interested in helping people to think critically, not in telling them what to do.
Old 01-06-2006, 02:03 AM
Darren
User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The CCR doesn't say anything about bolting the brace to the seat:

15.6.22 Seat Back Support
A seatback support must be made to hold the seat from going back in the event of a
crash. A plate should be used to distribute the load. No bolts, corners, or sharp objects
should be placed is such a manner that could lead to a possible puncture of the driver in
a high impact crash. Proper design and installation is crucial to safety and it is
recommend that the driver employ the services of a professional race car builder for this,
as well as all other vehicle safety items. An exception may be made for those seats
homologated to, and mounted in accordance, with FIA 8855-1999 standards. Those
seats that qualify for the aforementioned exception must conform to the entire FIA 8855-
1999 set of regulations. This includes a mandatory seat replacement of any seat more
than five (5) years old. Please reference the FIA regulations. http://www.fia.com/

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: