Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm baaaack (due to extreme stupidity)

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 09:20 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default I'm baaaack (due to extreme stupidity)

I left here because it had degraded into a bunch of stoopid fighting controlled by a silly 2 year old. A froend emaild me a link to the current silliness and I see the same behavior is rampant. I will depart again but felt it important to make one post here.

Mike in Chi - this is directed to you.

Please do NOT get sucked into the stoopid challenge that CC is putting together. His car is clearly very fast, very poorly set up, and had never been subjected to the safety scrutiny associated with issuance of a competition log book. This TT event carries pretty much the same risks as a race and I implore you not do run such an event in a car that has not been properly safety equipped (full cage and full belts as well as a fuel cell) and inspected. While I know you can easily afford CC's car (many, many times over) there is little to be gained by taking those risks.

Please, either do this thing in your properly equipped race car, or use SRF's as was suggested. The SRF has ~2 million race miles to it's credit with no fatalities. It don't get much safer than that.

I will watch the thread about the challenge and being in the Mid-West, I will probably show up at the challenge as it will be too good to miss. Bye.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:46 PM
aeshultz
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark;
I was wondering what happened to you - I was scanning Runoff results for the name - did you make it out here this year? Actually - the new venue is probably quite a bit closer to you! Let us know some results.
Alan
Old 10-06-2005, 10:06 PM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Good point, Mark. I sure as hell wouldn't risk my life in somebody else's Frankstein.

Besides, wasn't CC's challenge "I’ve got $500 that says I can put down a faster lap in your car at Gingerman or Putnam than you can." (emphasis added) ?

I do think dualing SRFs would be a lot more equitable, and fun, as well.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:10 PM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm...

I don't care a whit about that childish challenge, except that no one gets hurt in the process of proving what we already know. Good point about CCs setup. Rental cars sounds more appropriate.

Mark had e-mailed me to say Sayounara just before signing off of Rennlist "for good." I for one have dearly missed his expert analysis and decisive/incisive wit.

Let's gang up and coerce him to come back!
Old 10-06-2005, 11:16 PM
trumperZ06
Burning Brakes

Hey !!! Nice to see Mark once again.

Coercing... Coercing... come on HOME, MARK !!!
Old 10-06-2005, 11:18 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by aeshultz
Mark;
I was wondering what happened to you - I was scanning Runoff results for the name - did you make it out here this year? Actually - the new venue is probably quite a bit closer to you! Let us know some results.
Alan
This season was full of problems. I had the start of a great season - broke the lap record by 2 seconds and was breaking my new record each lap until the #1 rod decided it was time to see the outside world. New event, another problem then family issues blew the rest of the season. I am regrouping for next year. At least the commute to the run offs will be short - 55 minutes from my house to the track.

Thanks for asking.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:21 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

mark, glad to see you back, even if it's just temporarily.
hope all is getting better and good luck next season.
i had the opportunity to see fabian drive his storh, those things make radicals look like they are standing still ;-)
Old 10-06-2005, 11:26 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

Mark - stick around. Please. For the most part, the romper room stuff is over and done with.

Rgds,
Old 10-06-2005, 11:27 PM
Wreck Me Otter
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by SundayDriver
the #1 rod decided it was time to see the outside world.
Been there, done that....

Good to 'see' you Mark. Hey, SM is national in '06....see you at the runoffs!.....
:
:
:
:
...I'll be a spectator...
Old 10-06-2005, 11:55 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mark,
You've been missed around here. As Bob said, the crazyness that you escaped has subsided for the most part. The challenge thread is a recent abberation, and I'm sure folks will see reason on that as well.

Good to hear from you again. Check your Rennlist PM - there are some links there for you to look at related to the DVD thaang.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:18 AM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Thanks for the comments. John sent me an email and along with these posts, have convinced me to give it a try. I will just stick with my group of slow-***, low-class, mid-pack club racers and stay out of the threads where the real talent is challenging for the big $$$ and awaiting the phone call from the F1 teams.

Kim, come to KS and we can tip a few in my back yard.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:55 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Please stick around, just ignore the socially clueless nitwit unless you are a mental health professor and you want to study him. Some folks are destined to die lonely, wondering why no can stand them unless they have to for some reason. As soon as the reason is gone so are the people.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:56 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 59 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks for the comments. John sent me an email and along with these posts, have convinced me to give it a try. I will just stick with my group of slow-***, low-class, mid-pack club racers and stay out of the threads where the real talent is challenging for the big $$$ and awaiting the phone call from the F1 teams.

Its GREAT to have you back
Old 10-07-2005, 12:57 AM
ColorChange
Three Wheelin'

Hi Mark. I wish I could challenge you ... but I can't. Mike might be low odds, you ... no chance.

IMO you're a little over the top on the safety of my car. 1. Gingerman or Putnam are very safe tracks. 2. The car is new. 3. I have a bar, FE, 6pt, GT-3 seats, ISAAC. 4. The car is maintained by Perfect Power. 5. The poor set-up isn' t permanent.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:45 AM
Wreck Me Otter
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I'd be glad to. Probably have to wait until the '06 runoffs...more than likely one of the local hotshoes will make it there and I'd like to go watch....that's the one thing I miss this year....I rarely get to see an SM race any more...well...I rarely get to see the front of an SM race any more....

Quick Reply: I'm baaaack (due to extreme stupidity)