Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone run Pagid RS19s (yellow) on '80's 911?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 03:02 PM
2002M3Drew
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone run Pagid RS19s (yellow) on '80's 911?

I have a stock brake system on my 83 911SC Coupe, and I am leaning towards Pagid RS19s as replacement pads for the bhp's I'm currently running. A few friends of mine run them, and they have all had great experiences with them on their 996 cars (one a GT3). No squeel, no cold pad problems, and tremendous wear qualities. Al three run their cars on the street and track without changing pads. All have reported no rotor issues, too. Essentially, they report that the RS19 is a perfect all purose pad with tremendous ability when hot, better-than stock ability cold, and no real downsides.

The 996 brake system (especially the GT3's) is a far cry from my old (little) calipers and rotors, though, so I'm not sure if my brakes will have the same qualities with these pads. I would be using these pads on my car all of the time (not just at track)...any experiences?
Old 09-13-2005, 03:53 PM
chrisp
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you end up going with a track only pad I have switched over to the Hawk HT-10 compound and am very happy with them. I have 6 days on them with very little rotor and maybe 10%-20% pad wear. My car is a track only SC with stock brakes.

I have used Metal Masters as a track/street compromise and thought it was good until I switched to a track pad. It's a huge difference and there's no way I would go back to a street pad (on the track) with the stock SC brakes.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:57 PM
2002M3Drew
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm pretty sold on track pads as well. I've run them on my M3, and I currently have the bhp brake pads on the SC, which are a track pad suitable for the street. Problem is, they did not last as long as I would have liked them to. I basically got one day at Lime Rock, a couple of days at Pocono, and a couple at The Glen, at which point the fronts were absolute toast. Good, stable grip, but not long life. They are approximately $30 a set cheaper than the usually-expensive RS19s, so I'm considering that plunge...
Old 09-13-2005, 10:09 PM
mdbickell
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pagid Yellows rock. I've been running blacks on my sc and moved over to yellows a few weeks ago and I'm very happy. I first used the yellows at laguna seca which eats brakes like crazy and I had no fade w/ stock rotors and slotted disks. I've been using them on the street as well and they work just fine. I change out to the oem pads on the street due to cost, but otherwise I'd keep the yellows in.

fyi - I've recently added brake ducts which help no matter what pad you use.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:33 AM
930man
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pagids Yellows are fantastic i dont even change them when i get home from the track i have at least 12 days on track still have 40 to 50% pad life left

Quick Reply: Anyone run Pagid RS19s (yellow) on '80's 911?