Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anybody make a Communicator with Line Out?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 04:38 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Does anybody make a Communicator with Line Out?

I would like to find a good communicator with line out so that you can attach it to a DV recorder. It would be nice to hear Driver/Passenger dialog on videos.

Apart from this feature, which I have been unable to find, what brand communicators are the best and least susceptible to breaking down over time (i.e., static, etc . . . )

Thanks.
Old 08-10-2005, 05:24 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Todd,
The Chatter Box is best in-car communicator out there, no question. IF you have some decent mics in the car, your voice chatter will be picked up fairly cleanly on the video tape. You need good mics in any case, so the fact that they pick up voice is an added benie!

FWIW, when I'm working on new lines or a new track, I'll say what I'm about to try before the corner. With these comments on the tape, it becomes a LOT easier to analyse what worked and what didn't. Try it - it works.
Old 08-10-2005, 05:28 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by APKhaos
Todd,
The Chatter Box is best in-car communicator out there, no question. IF you have some decent mics in the car, your voice chatter will be picked up fairly cleanly on the video tape. You need good mics in any case, so the fact that they pick up voice is an added benie!

FWIW, when I'm working on new lines or a new track, I'll say what I'm about to try before the corner. With these comments on the tape, it becomes a LOT easier to analyse what worked and what didn't. Try it - it works.
Thanks Tony. You have nailed what I am trying to do. Also, less than 50% of my instructors have had communicators, and that makes it difficult to communicate If I get my own, I will always have it if I invite someone to get into the passenger's seat.

The 44 is very, very loud. I doubt that I will be able to pick up conversation even with good mics. That is why I thought using a communicator would be a good idea. The problem is that I don't think the chatter boxes have a line out that can be used for this purpose.
Old 08-10-2005, 05:52 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Are the chatterboxes that much better than the much cheaper motorcylce communicators you can buy?

Seems like In can get a chatterbox for $70 plus another $60 for two headsets, but I can get a motorcycle on from JC Whittney for like $50-70 complete.
Old 08-10-2005, 05:57 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Todd,
If you buy a Chatterbox, remond me to show you how to connect up two drivers with Chatterboxes so that BOTH can use their in-helmet mics and speakers. Far better than one guy having to use the slide-in mic-earphone thingie.

Now, the next step is to wire your Chatterbox to a simple microphone mixer so you get everything on the tape. Easy peasy.

Quick Reply: Does anybody make a Communicator with Line Out?