Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire pressure MPSCs'

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 12:14 PM
ColorChange
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

George: Loved the video, it's nice to see someone really pushing. And nice big catch. Boy did the tt walk away or what? Damn. That track sure seams fast.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:22 PM
kev
Darth Cup
Rennlist Member

Paul,

What suspension settings does your car have? I'm entertaining using MPSC for practice tires (save $), but I'm afraid that my suspension is too agressive. I bet our setups are very similar, as well as the cars themselves.

Originally Posted by 993RSCS
The cups don't squeal at all in my car, which is interesting since it is also a 993 with same tire sizes. Perhaps it is the camber and spring rates, as I think I am running more camber than you are and certainly higher spring rates. Looking forward to racing with you again at Hallett.

Paul
Old 07-15-2005, 12:43 PM
993RSCS
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Pm sent

Kevin,

Pm sent
Old 07-15-2005, 12:48 PM
993RSCS
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Reply to Danny

Danny,

The difference is amazing. I traded cars during a DE for a friend of mine's RS America. He couldn't believe the turn in compared to his car (similar weight). I couldn't believe how much understeer his car had especially in the carousel and up turn 7 (scary place for understeer as it is an uphill offcamber turn). He changed out his suspension to Motons after that event.

Paul
Old 07-15-2005, 12:49 PM
George A
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ColorChange
George: Loved the video, it's nice to see someone really pushing. And nice big catch. Boy did the tt walk away or what? Damn. That track sure seams fast.
Thanks. It's one way to keep the tires hot. I still need to get comfortable with letting go of the steering wheel completely when the back end goes.

That TT is incredible considering it was on Toyo's (the spec tire). He was going to switch to slicks but only did it for the enduro. He is one of the reasons I'm thinking about trying the Toyo's. BTW, they run them at 2.0 bar hot!!!! That's 29-30 psi hot!!!!

That track is our homegrown country club. They are about to add another 1.4 miles to it by September. Should be a blast.

George
Old 07-15-2005, 12:53 PM
George A
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by kev
Paul,

What suspension settings does your car have? I'm entertaining using MPSC for practice tires (save $), but I'm afraid that my suspension is too agressive. I bet our setups are very similar, as well as the cars themselves.
Kevin, you won't like them. You've had the best drug in the world, slicks. Going back to R compounds will only depress you. I can't tell you how much I miss the slicks. I dream about them.

But then again, the price is right considering their longevity.

George
Old 07-17-2005, 07:13 PM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 787 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by George A
Kevin, you won't like them. You've had the best drug in the world, slicks. Going back to R compounds will only depress you. I can't tell you how much I miss the slicks. I dream about them.
I dunno. Sure I miss the grip, but don't miss having a $275 tire last 2 days.

Quick Reply: Tire pressure MPSCs'