Sponsored by:

Preferred hotel for Watkins Glen

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 07:15 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bull
Restaurant in Watkins Glen?.....The Wildflower Cafe downtown.
Good, but I really like the StoneCat Cafe and the Red Newt Bistro in Hector. I also enjoyed the German food at Hotel Grisch
Old 07-07-2005, 07:24 PM
Professor Helmüt Tester
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 7 Posts

Red Newt gets an A+. Mr. Chicken gets an honorable mention.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:24 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TD in DC
Good, but I really like the StoneCat Cafe and the Red Newt Bistro in Hector. I also enjoyed the German food at Hotel Grisch
That is what keeps us all spread out! I have never had a worse meal/service than what I had the last time I was at the Red Newt....and I mean THE LAST!
Old 07-07-2005, 07:38 PM
s2steve
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Villager Motel is the only place in WG that has an indoor pool. They have four "Hotel" rooms located in the same building as the indoor pool. These four rooms are different from the rest of the motel because the rooms are accessed from inside the pool building and are slightly larger than the motel rooms. They have a small fridge and a microwave. With the PCA discount they are $99 a night. I think it's the best in-town choice for a family. That's were I'm staying with the wife and kids for the NNJR August event.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:30 PM
Tony356993
Addict
Rennlist Member

When I go with the family (wife and two kids) we stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Elmira. The rooms a great and it has a pool. It is close to a lot of places to eat, the mall, and the movie theater. When just my wife (she drives also) and I go, there is no better venue than the Fall Motel. Paul and his wife are great. I did not know about the lounge but I'm psyched! It is real close to the track so you can head back to the room at anytime between runs. You can head to the track on the last day and do your first run then zip back to the room to check out. The food in town is suspect. I have had some good food @ Mr. Chicken and the restaurant at the end of main street by the lake. The Glen also has a do it yourself car wash by the Walmart if you need to clean the car &/or the tow vehicle. Good luck. Which DE are you going to?
Old 07-08-2005, 12:43 AM
RJay
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rent a copy of the Speed Merchants, have the family watch it and then go stay at the Glen Motor Inn. May not be luxurious, but it is truly historic and the owners and staff are some of the friendliest people I've met. Hang out in the vistory lounge and you're likely to hear a good story or two. 'sides how many motel owners you know own a McClaren eh?
Old 07-08-2005, 06:54 AM
ngoldrich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tony,

The bar at the Hilton Garden Inn in Elmira is small and it is part of the restaurant, but still nice...

Have fun.

Norm

Quick Reply: Preferred hotel for Watkins Glen