Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Racing & Drivers Education Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum-65/)
-   -   Cleveland Speed World Challenge GT race (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum/212194-cleveland-speed-world-challenge-gt-race.html)

thomas 06-26-2005 09:01 PM

Cleveland Speed World Challenge GT race

Robin Liddell beat Max Angelelli by .038 seconds. It was a great race to watch on the Speed channel. I can't find pictures from the race though.

thomas 06-26-2005 10:15 PM

check the link

racing

mistressmotorsports 06-27-2005 01:35 AM

Yeah, it was a great race to watch, especially the last couple lap. Some of the Viper drivers seemed to have some serious brain fade, not normal for them, but costly. I have no idea what Archer was thinking in turn 1, and Weins just messed up. Robin deserved the win, he's certainly worked hard this season.

Mike

Benton 06-27-2005 02:17 AM

Blasted, I missed the race and it won't be back on TV. I love Speed GT

MJR911 06-27-2005 09:14 AM

I caught the end of the race, way to go Lindell! Anyone know why they listed Henzler as "DNS?"

BrokeAss 06-27-2005 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by MJR911
Anyone know why they listed Henzler as "DNS?"

He got clobbered going into turn 1 and never completed a lap.
:grr:

analogmike 06-27-2005 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by C4 Guy
He got clobbered going into turn 1 and never completed a lap.
:grr:

How did they let Archer get away with that idiotic move? He should have gotten at least a stop and go penalty if not a lap. #3 (Weins ?) also drove like an idiot, after taking the 911 turbo's rear bumper off in retaliation for being passed, he turned hard right and slammed into Mad Max, that took some serious effort. Maybe I need to let the air out of all the vipers tires next weekend at Lime Rock ;)

bhensarl 06-27-2005 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Red
Blasted, I missed the race and it won't be back on TV. I love Speed GT

Speed replayed the Mid-Ohio race this last Thursday, so if you watch your tv listings they may replay Cleveland during the week before Lime Rock. I'll definitely be watching out for it. What a great race!
Brian

thomas 06-27-2005 03:29 PM

Does anyone have pictures from the race?

mistressmotorsports 06-27-2005 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by analogmike
How did they let Archer get away with that idiotic move? He should have gotten at least a stop and go penalty if not a lap. #3 (Weins ?) also drove like an idiot, after taking the 911 turbo's rear bumper off in retaliation for being passed, he turned hard right and slammed into Mad Max, that took some serious effort. Maybe I need to let the air out of all the vipers tires next weekend at Lime Rock ;)

I agree, Archer should have been penalized for that move, at least a stop and go as you stated. At least he penalized himself with the spin on the front straight late in the race and fell out of the points.

Mike

analogmike 06-27-2005 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by mistressmotorsports
I agree, Archer should have been penalized for that move, at least a stop and go as you stated. At least he penalized himself with the spin on the front straight late in the race and fell out of the points.

Mike

I liked that spin too, hoped it would carry him into the wall (I am nasty, but he deserved it!).

I just saw Wolf at the shop, he's still bummed out but he told me Archer would have his points removed, I think he did end up 12th. Wolf's car is being repaired now and they will be testing it and Ricardo Imery's newly built speedvision spec GT3 at a far-away track, as they were not allowed to test at Lime Rock tomorrow. I hope they get them all sorted out for Lime Rock this weekend, time for Wolf to get another win and I bet Ricardo will do VERY well too.

bsr_257 06-27-2005 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by thomas
Does anyone have pictures from the race?

There are some pics on the SCCA website...

http://www.scca.com/Multimedia/Photo...p?EventId=3496