Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tips for Using Bullet Camera at Track

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 07:41 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The alternative is to mount a camcorder, rather than use the bullet camera feeding to a remote camcorder. I know its larger etc, but you get better exposure control AND anti-shake technology that bullet cams dont have. I know this sounds like a Luddite position, but its simple and it works under all lighting conditions. The Race Cam is perfect, but too spendy for most players, myself included.
Old 06-25-2005, 08:34 PM
jj99c2
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Updates

I made it back out to the track with the same setup as before and tried the polarize filter and moving the camera around. The pictures are below but the filter did not seem to help much. Moving the camera mount to the windshield gave great video quality but I would prefer to see my hands & tach with the camera mounted behind the driver. A link to the video that has one lap with the rear mounted position and one from the windshield is available at:

http://jj-web.members.winisp.net/videos/pr-6-2005.wmv

The track is Pacific Raceway in WA.

The picture order is:
1 - Rear mount - polarized
2 - Rear mount - polarized w/ sunroof opened (helped a little but not allowed at track)
3 - Polarized at windshield
4 - Rear mount - no filter
Attached Images     
Old 12-07-2005, 01:25 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 170 Posts

Ever figure this out? What I did was to mount the bullet to the drivers side roll bar using their C-Clamp, but using the suction cup mount on the passenger windshield would work also. The camera in this position, due to the wide angle lens, still shows the whole nose of the car. I really would like to have my hands in the video though so I could see how much I am actually moving them..
Old 12-07-2005, 02:34 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's what you get with a fairly simple & cheap DV camcorder and a $35 wide angle lens adaptor. Simple, and effective.

Summit Point Race

Quick Reply: Tips for Using Bullet Camera at Track