Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sebring stuff

Old 02-11-2005, 04:36 PM
Jarez Mifkin
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sebring stuff

Anyone hearing any practice times from today's sessions?
Old 02-13-2005, 09:34 AM
buckdr1
Addict
Rennlist Member

FWIW, I'm here @ Sebring this AM. Unfortunatly my time sheets are @ the Track, where I should be
FWIW, I did some damage ( my own fault doing my first Club Race to my baby, and already got a "13". Otherwise I be getting ready for the Enduro.
The only good news is I'm OK, and happened to beat out The Head HWFM Turtle in Qualifying, by a few tenths! We started the Race side by side. But Mike finished, I had only to finish the turn 17, and the rest of the final lap
Well, it's chilly again this AM, but should be appx. 75 & clear again to the Race's end
Got to head over now, and probably won't have computer access to a computer till next Saturday. Will chime in then.
Regards all
Bill
Old 02-13-2005, 07:46 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 28 Posts

I am home now and have results from the Green Group; GT5, GT3, GT4, GTC1, GTC2, B, C, & D, if you want any of this, let me know.
Old 02-13-2005, 08:58 PM
dave morris
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

I just got home, as well, and have Blue Sprint Race results if anyone is interested. Classes are E, F, G, H and I. I can say that there were quite a few unfortunate incidents in all three groups. Fair amount of wall contact, but no one was injured that I know of. I watched the Yellow Sprint ... GTA, GT3, GTP1, GT1R ...Leh Keen led most of the race in a GTA , but I believe the winner was Wolf Henzler in a GTC3 with Norm Goldrich second in his GT1R. Go Norm! Speaking for myself, the event was a blast!
Old 02-13-2005, 09:06 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 28 Posts

Leh Keen was in an accident toward the end of the race with Mac McGehee in the hairpin, screwed up both cars, Mac's a little worse.
Old 02-13-2005, 10:15 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bill,
First, I am so sorry about your car - I saw you as I came through 16 and was glad to see you out of the car. I wish I would have been able to meet you in person. Glad you're OK.

It was a tough weekend for the Turtles...
Bill's car was damaged...
The Big Turtle got a DNF...(belt failure but no damage).
Danny (DJF1) sustained damage to the Blue Meanie but was ok...

I was fortunate and benefited from some coaching/mentoring/heckling from the Big Turgle, Eric and Jeff. Bottom line...I had a ball and learned a lot. I'll do several things differently next time.
I had transmission issues during the warm-up & qualifying and couldn't get 4th or 5th gear and probably tried a bit too hard...ended up qualifying 55th which is approximately right for a rookie turtle. We resolved part of the issue (shifter bushing) and could at least get into 4th.
I got an OK start and managed to pick up 16 spots including a 2:38 during lap 10 before we had a double yellow that lasted until the finish.
I did have 2 classic Turtle moments during my race;
1) I spun in 17 trying to make a pass on the inside. I carried too much speed and got sideways but only lost one position.
2) I didn't get any video - I'm still trying to figure out why but am really disappointed not to have any footage of my first race.

Cheers,

Rick
Old 02-14-2005, 01:27 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 59 Likes on 23 Posts

Yeah...It was a tough weekend for sure for us turtles!

DELETED by me

Like I said the biggest thing is that I came out of it without a hitch, but for sure the next time I step into the car I will have a new seat and the HANS... I hope the damage is not as bad as it looks, probably the tub is unhurt by pure luck, but I will know in a few days. For sure she will rise from her ashes to race another day...maybe not this year though

Other than that I had a blast while it lasted, slicing and dicing with a couple of guys out there ( if the racer of the silver 911 with the Martini stripes is reading this, thanks man I had a BALL racing with you!)

The highlight though for me was getting together with the turtles! Seeing again Mike, Eric, Jeff and meeting Rick, his Dad and Terri ( my rommie at the fishing village) was awesome! I also had the chance to meet briefly Bill W and a few other nice guys who hung around here from time to time.

Bill I did not get to meet you, I heard about your incident, what a bummer on your first race...

Jim, while I did not get to meet you, I had the pleasure of admiring accross the grid at staging your beautifull supercup! I also think that I have a very interesting moment of you on my video from when you passed me and dropped a rear wheel off turn 5! I was holding my breath for you!

Hopefully this summer we will do again the gathering of the turtles without hopefully any more bad luck!

Last edited by DJF1; 02-14-2005 at 09:12 AM.
Old 02-14-2005, 01:58 AM
MJR911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Danny... what car were you driving? I watched the accident first hand, know the driver of the #21 carrera cup, the number 42 carrera cup and the number 6 carrera cup. I VERY repsectfully disagree with you if you're trying to place blame on the driver of #21. In fact, I am not going to say another thing on a public list. Only that this accident was in NO WAY the fault of such car and #21 and #42 were racing some of the most clean, inspring and BEST racing i've ever seen in PCA and I am sorry to see #21 wind up with thousands of damage. #21 did NOT get a 13 and the accident was the fault of another car. Please let me know what car, color scheme, you were driving.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:06 AM
MJR911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On a more positive note, the weekend was amazing. I will be posting a better writeup later, that i'm doing for the local club magazine. It was amusing to applaud Wolf Henzler get his PCA rookie license, then see him do laps in a 996cup car only tenths of a second off a pro driven, unrescrited 996 GTRS on fresh slicks.

Mustante Motorsports did an AMAZING job for us, Bob Dimarco and Jim Reading had the best weekends of their lives in 964cups. Bob won D, but would have taken 2nd gladly to have not seen the accident on the last lap. Jim Reading, in his maiden 964 cup voyage, ran a 2.29 and was on the podium if not for a mental mistake on the last lap in the same incident. WE had a blast, the weather was awesome and everyone left wanting more!
Old 02-14-2005, 08:13 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 59 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by MJR911
Danny... what car were you driving? I watched the accident first hand, know the driver of the #21 carrera cup, the number 42 carrera cup and the number 6 carrera cup. I VERY repsectfully disagree with you if you're trying to place blame on the driver of #21. In fact, I am not going to say another thing on a public list. Only that this accident was in NO WAY the fault of such car and #21 and #42 were racing some of the most clean, inspring and BEST racing i've ever seen in PCA and I am sorry to see #21 wind up with thousands of damage. #21 did NOT get a 13 and the accident was the fault of another car. Please let me know what car, color scheme, you were driving.
I was the number 360 Blue 993 who got trashed by the number 21.

MRJ I Revised the content on this post as I had a private conversation with the other driver.

I will not comment further on this, although I still have my very strong opinion on what happened. I hope this will be a lesson for many so we can all race safely.

Last edited by DJF1; 02-14-2005 at 09:15 AM.
Old 02-14-2005, 08:24 AM
Tim Pruitt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Anybody have Red Enduro Results? I'm interested in I class results.

Thanks,
Old 02-14-2005, 10:47 AM
Sloth
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Great seeing everybody at Sebring this wekend. I had a blast even though I ended my sprint race early with a faulty ignition system. Seemed like there was some carnage is all the run groups. What happened to peacefuly coexisting?
Old 02-14-2005, 12:02 PM
Stuttgart
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts

Great weather, racing, and weekend, although I was sorry to see so much bent metal. Also I kinda liked 17 with the narrower backstraight, it was always exciting. The groups were big, and the racing was fun, but I never got a clean lap for qualifying.
Old 02-14-2005, 12:04 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

After nearly completing the repairs on my car from last year, you guys are scaring the bejezzus out of me!
Old 02-14-2005, 12:11 PM
uscarrera
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 606 Likes on 296 Posts

Could someone post Red enduro results?
thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sebring stuff