Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 12:00 PM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 474 Posts
Default Rennlist Track Event and Dinner at Watkins Glen

Fellow Rennlisters,

I have put together and will be hosting a DE and banquet at Watkins Glen, Monday and Tuesday October 18th and 19th. This event will consist primarily of Rennlist members and will be a good opportunity to mix with fellow listers as well as get lots of quality track time for a great price. John D. will be along for the ride as well as a couple of other quasi celebrities from the online world. The details are as follows:

Price will be $255 per driver and will include:
2 days of DE with just 3 run groups each day. Each group limited to 37 cars.
5 - 28 minute sessions per day for a total of almost 2 1/2 hrs. of track time per/day
Continental breakfast in the garage each day.
Light lunch in the garage each day.
Dinner banquet at the Glen Club (overlooking the esses) Monday night.
Garage space on a first come first served basis.

Total registration will be limited to 111 cars so there will be lots of run time and lots of open track. The Glen is over 3 miles in length so there will be plenty of room out there with run groups limited to 37 cars. Run groups will be intermediate and advanced with instrustors available on a first come first served basis. I am sorry, but there will be no novice group for this event. There will be no work assignments.

In addition there will be banquet tickets availble at a cost of $30 per person for those wishing to attend the banquet but not the DE. Even if you don't wish to track your car this is a great time to check out other members rides and well as show off your own. Those wishing to can have thier name left at the main gate to get access to the garage area. Also, the Glen allows the public to take laps at lunch for a nominal fee. This is a great oppurtunty to drive the track at a more liesurley pace.

Those wishing to attend can respond to me directley at Jford66@aol.com for an application and to have any questions answered. I look forward to meeting and driving with some of you at the Glen in October. Thanks.

I have created a web page on Rennlist for this event, it contains both event information and an application. The link is members.rennlist.com/watkinsglende/

Thanks
Jamie Ford

Last edited by jford; 09-16-2004 at 03:24 PM.
Old 08-22-2004, 08:47 PM
pieball
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$255 for 2 days! Did I miss something? That's an awesome price!
Old 08-25-2004, 03:00 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Is this still going to happen? I Emailed Jamie direct and haven’t received any answer.
Dale’s track schedule shows another club at this date but that club’s website does not mention it.

I want to do some fall planning – somebody let me know what’s up!!

Chris White
Old 08-25-2004, 06:01 PM
eugene
Racer

I have e mailed Jamie regarding registration forms etc but have not heard.

Eugene.
Old 08-25-2004, 06:24 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris White
Dale’s track schedule shows another club at this date but that club’s website does not mention it.
Although Dale's track schedule shows a PCA region having the track, if you go to their website DE section, it is not listed:
http://www.rtr-pca.org/driversed.htm

I am also waitng to hear back, as I emailed as well.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:35 AM
j_leder
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

I've e-mailed Jamie twice still hoping to hear from him. Gotta get planning time...
Old 08-26-2004, 11:56 AM
Michael K
AutoX

I just spoke to Jamie on the phone and he said the event is definitely on. He owns those dates. He has a seasonal business and apologised for not getting back to everyone. He should post something shortly.
Old 08-26-2004, 06:53 PM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks Micheal and very sorry to those who I have not responded to. I have been going non stop the past few weeks and plan to get out the respnses by tommorow, thanks for your patience.

The dates for the event were originally held by the Reisentoter region of the PCA (Philly, Bucks County, PA area) but were released and taken by me. My deposit is in and the dates are "etched in stone". Again, I apologise for the delay, responses will be sent by tommorow and things should run smoothly thereafter as the bottom drops out from under me (business wise) the Tuesday after Labor Day.

Thanks again.

Jamie
Old 09-10-2004, 11:38 AM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 97 Likes on 70 Posts

What about DE novices? What is required to be in the car etc?
Old 09-11-2004, 10:25 PM
K964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Unfortunately this event cannot cater to the novice driver (see Jamie's comments above). It is for Intermediate and Advanced drivers.
Old 09-13-2004, 04:29 PM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ok, summer is over, if not officially, from a business stanpoint at least. Thanks to everyone for thier patience. The event is on and I am working with Dale's track schedule to update thier listing(Riesentoter is still listed as haivng these dates, but I assure you my deposit says they are mine). PDF files for event details and application are now complete so those are going out as we speak or type sa it were. Thanks again and i look forward to meeting and driving with some of you in Ocotober.

Jamie
Old 09-16-2004, 03:21 PM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have created a web page on Rennlist for this event it contains both event details and an application. There are plenty of spots still open the link is members.rennlist.com/watkinsglende/

Thanks.

Jamie

Quick Reply: Rennlist Track Event and Dinner at Watkins Glen