Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shenandoah Circuit Update, anyone know?

Old 07-11-2004, 09:21 PM
aeshultz
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To continue the hijack process- FWIW, we were at Beaverun right after it opened for a DE - that track ATE tires. Four of us corded one or more tires over two days.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:23 PM
wch
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

I've just been informed that the September Shenandoah event I planned to attend has been cancelled because the track will not be ready.

I guess they'll have to finish it someday! I've not seen it, but was told that it seems a bit tight, very little run-off room, and no real high speed sections. Is that accurate? I was hoping for something other than what seems to be the Alan Wilson (is that his name?) model, but ....
Old 08-05-2004, 11:44 PM
Renn 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, the local PCA Potomac website has an announcement that all events on the Shenandoah Circuit through September have been cancelled. They are still hoping that the event they have scheduled for the end of October will occur, but I don't think anyone is counting on it at this point.

The track does appear to be very technical, with very little run-off room and passing zones are going to be "interesting" to say the least. Based on what I've seen, I have no desire to be a pioneer on this track. I'll let some others sort things out first before I give it a shot.
Old 08-06-2004, 07:31 AM
DAR951
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wch
I've just been informed that the September Shenandoah event I planned to attend has been cancelled because the track will not be ready.
A check of the Summit Point web site shows ALL September events scheduled for the Shenandoah as canceled.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Shenandoah Circuit Update, anyone know?