Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: Chillout Cipher and Quantum Pro

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2024, 02:07 PM
Charles Kline
Cruisin'

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

This is an excellent question. 95% of your blood flows through your skin at say 100º ambient. When adding ice, your body stops the flow of blood to those parts of the skin to prevent hypothermia. To prevent this, you need to control the temperature so that it never goes below 52º. 55º-60º is the optimum cooling temperature and this is why Chillout Systems shirts have 4x more tubing in them than you would find in any other brands. Using their shirts with ice feels like jumping into a frozen lake. So much coverage, it's not comfortable. However when used paired with their system, you get a more comfortable cooling, much better core cooling and overall focus is much better. The amount of energy you have after using Chillout Systems vs Ice is crazy.

Ice also doesn't last. It falls off and can start to heat up as the water in the cooler heat soaks. It's heavy, sloshes around and in worst case scenarios can cause a black flag if the system leaks and you are dripping on the track. (They think it's oil or fuel).
The following 2 users liked this post by Charles Kline:
love_2_race (07-14-2024), RennPart (07-10-2024)
Old 07-10-2024, 02:23 PM
Charles Kline
Cruisin'

Default Proper Installation is Key... Some shops don't ask for help!

Originally Posted by NaroEscape
LOL, Dan,... move south and you might think differently.
We've replaced many Chillouts with Coolshirt (now Paragon) systems. Chillout just can't keep up in the southern humid heat. I had a shop that ripped out 5 Chillouts at Sebring a couple years ago and replaced them with Coolshirt for their guys.
Chillout is a good product no doubt, but not for every situation.
I would really like to see how you are installing these systems! We would be happy to help and every time we get a comment like this we find that there is a flaw in the installation process. Not a stupid mistake by any means, just one that we know from experience of selling 1000s of these units. We are in over 95% of NASCAR for a reason and now all of Formula One starting in 2025. There has only been 2 cars in 5 years that we have not been able to get the driver satisfied in once we were involved and I stand behind our product. If we can't get it working for you remotely with Video Chat or Phone, we will fly our tech to you to figure it out. Ice feels better at first but ice is counterproductive since it actually stops blood flow to your skin. It's too cold and your capillaries close to prevent potential hypothermia. Temp must be maintained above 52º to prevent this from occurring.

Keep in mind too, you can use other brands of shirts with our system but our systems work differently and need 160 feet of cooling veins to remove the heat your body is creating. That's why our shirts are so expensive. It's about 8 total man hours from start to finish to build them and thanks to the US AirForce, we have an $11,000,000 study which was done as part of the development to make them as efficient as possible including extremely conductive cooling veins that have copper added to the material to help transfer heat.

If you are having issues with the system not cooling enough, these are probably the most common:

- Not using 4 inch ducting. Our systems will not cool well without 4 inch ducting. If using 3 inch ducting you MUST use a 275 CFM Brushless Blower as a booster. There is no substitute.
- Inlet to system is too close to a heat source. The coldest most dense air is required. Again, working with us, we can tell you where this is for almost any car. We have 1,000s of drivers COLD.
- Interior pressure building within the cockpit of the car. This can be measured and identified easily and if it's the case, we need to add a booster blower.
- Creative installations/not following instructions. You cannot duct the air back out of the system, nor is it necessary. The system doesn't create much heat despite what people think. Most of the heat is just heat it has moved from the driver's body.
- Too many bends in their Duct Tubing. For every 90º bend, you lose 15% efficiently of flow.

A team in Japan contacted me last week about their system not getting cold enough... Turns out they had a 3 inch NACA duct hooked up to all of the 4 inch ducting we sold them. Quick Swap and now the driver thinks it's too cold.

Please, call me if you have questions or if I can help you to make sure your current system is working at its maximum potential! These systems are expensive and there is a reason they are expensive! They work! More importantly, we are here to make sure they stay working and are working as hard as you need them to. We stand behind our products and I doubt you can find anyone who has had a failure in the last 5.5 years that they paid for service.

Charles Kline
404-695-0439
Chillout Systems, Founder
The following 4 users liked this post by Charles Kline:
dan212 (07-10-2024), love_2_race (07-14-2024), mlct (07-15-2024), ProCoach (07-10-2024)
Old 07-10-2024, 02:26 PM
Charles Kline
Cruisin'

Thank you! I agree 100%. And to your point, huge improvements have been made over the last 2 years to our Quantum Pro and Cypher systems. If you are running a V3 system, an entry level system, sure you aren't going to get PRO results. Almost all cooling issues can be sorted out by contacting Chillout Systems for installation help. Send pictures, let them guide you. The smallest changes can have the biggest performance gains.
Old 07-10-2024, 02:34 PM
Charles Kline
Cruisin'

Thank you! I agree 100%. And to your point, huge improvements have been made over the last 2 years to our Quantum Pro and Cypher systems. If you are running a V3 system, an entry level system, sure you aren't going to get PRO results. Almost all cooling issues can be sorted out by contacting Chillout Systems for installation help. Send pictures, let them guide you. The smallest changes can have the biggest performance gains.
Old 07-10-2024, 02:39 PM
Charles Kline
Cruisin'

Ah, Now I see Bob, you are a reseller for COOLSHIRT. Totally get it! For some people this is perfectly fine. If you are on a very tight budget and cannot afford proper cooling, yes. This is better than nothing at all! I tried to give you a call to see if we can help you with any Chillout Systems products but I don't think you actually have any hands on experience with them. You're not in our database. Regardless, we are happy to help you in anyway in the future.

https://mailchi.mp/naroescapemotorsp..._ifL2KskoG85kQ
Old 07-15-2024, 01:28 PM
hsuku
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interested in the Quantum Pro. Will try and sent you a DM. Not sure it will get to you as I don't post much.

Harry
Old 07-15-2024, 07:01 PM
RennPart
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 399 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by hsuku
Interested in the Quantum Pro. Will try and sent you a DM. Not sure it will get to you as I don't post much.

Harry
"
  1. hsuku has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."
You can purchase on our website here, shipping is calculated at checkout:

https://www.rennpartbrakes.com/collections/used-parts-2

If the site shows still available, then it is still available.

--Aaron

rennpart.com | Phone: 336-793-2134 |Email: ace@rennpart.com

Instagram | Facebook
Old 08-20-2024, 01:29 PM
RennPart
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 399 Likes on 164 Posts

Just a bump, need to move these for my client.

Pricing revised.

--Aaron

Quick Reply: FS: Chillout Cipher and Quantum Pro