Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Racing & Drivers Education Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum-65/)
-   -   CVR Club Race @ LRP scheduled April 19-20, 2024 (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum/1401241-cvr-club-race-lrp-scheduled-april-19-20-2024-a.html)

Lisaparker 03-03-2024 08:19 AM

CVR Club Race @ LRP scheduled April 19-20, 2024

Registration open March 4, 2024!
Three Sprint Races with a Vintage/Air cooled Run Group!
Looking forward to a fun-filled event with great racing!

Nizer 03-03-2024 11:28 AM

And no snow!

FilthyF14 03-04-2024 05:47 PM

VIR race chair here....... I'd be very interested in hearing how the car count goes for LRP. VIR is down 30+ plus cars compared to last year. I heard Sebring was down about 40. I think VIR, LRP and RA all within 30 days of each other is part of the problem. Though a calendar solution between three tracks is a huge challenge. VIR is booked every day from the end of FEB until DEC........

Frank 993 C4S 03-04-2024 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Lisaparker
Registration open March 4, 2024!
Three Sprint Races with a Vintage/Air cooled Run Group!
Looking forward to a fun-filled event with great racing!

Count me in!

erliuic 03-05-2024 05:30 PM

Art and I are in! GTB1 is up to 9!

Jas0nn 03-06-2024 05:00 PM

Decent start for LRP! 42 racers registered already; last year, the race had 106 drivers.

CUP numbers will definitely improve quite a bit over the next few weeks ...

Steve113 03-06-2024 06:23 PM

signed up :)

LuigiVampa 03-06-2024 06:49 PM

I'm not naming any names, but I just want to make sure that everyone knows what it looks like when the race starts. Again, not naming any names of those who don't know when the race actually starts. Totally wouldn't do that!

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...4031f64ff0.gif

Jared Rodeheaver 03-11-2024 01:37 PM

I'll be there. First Race so hopefully I have some of that beginners luck!

erliuic 03-11-2024 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Jared Rodeheaver (Post 19326323)
I'll be there. First Race so hopefully I have some of that beginners luck!

Good luck!

LuigiVampa 03-12-2024 10:57 AM

If you haven’t registered for the Lime Rock Park club race yet let me provide some additional information.

The LRP club race features THREE SPRINTS and all races count for points! If you are one of those brave souls who wrenches their own car, and doesn’t have a pit crew to help with an enduro pit stop, here is your chance to drive three races in one weekend.

In addition, due to Lime Rock’s “no racing on Sunday” restriction all races will take place on Saturday, so you don’t have to mess up your whole weekend, or better yet, you can use Sunday to explore beautiful Litchfield County, Connecticut!

If you have never been to LRP before you should consider driving this historic track. The good news is that the track is very easy to learn, being only 1.5 miles long. While it is easy to learn you can spend the rest of your racing career trying to get it right! Don’t be intimidated by the “Bull Ring”. If you mess up a corner you have another chance to work on it about a minute later!

Another big plus this year is that we are going to have some nice trophies! If you have been on Rennlist longer than 5 minutes you may be aware of my fondness for trophies. My company is going to be a trophy sponsor so please remember to talk real estate taxation with me for a minute or so at the track so that I can justify the expense. While the desire to win a trophy probably stems from not being hugged enough as a child, I know most racers do like a nice memory of a hard-fought podium!

The trophies are still in production but here is a picture of what they will look like:

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...7342eb5407.png

Friday - Two practice sessions and qualifying – 25 minutes for each session

Saturday – 15 minute warmup; following by THREE SPRINTS which are 35 minutes in length

If you are looking for practice time, there is a HPDE held by the Connecticut Valley Region, on April 18. Registration is on ClubRegistration.net. While Friday and Saturday of the Club Race are unmuffled, this DE event is muffled, so cars must meet the sound limit.

There are plenty of really nice restaurants as well as places to stay. Lime Rock’s website does a good job talking up the other cool things to do in the area - https://limerock.com/know-the-area/places-to-stay/

If I can help anyone thinking about attending this race for the first time feel free to reach out by PM.

Matt Romanowski 03-12-2024 11:28 AM

Sounds like a winner. I might even come down to bring you swedish fish. And for important things, if someone builds a trophy corner into their property to house said trophy, is there nexus for a taxation event?

M13S 03-12-2024 12:36 PM

Is this Unmuffled?

LuigiVampa 03-12-2024 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski (Post 19327969)
Sounds like a winner. I might even come down to bring you swedish fish. And for important things, if someone builds a trophy corner into their property to house said trophy, is there nexus for a taxation event?

If the trophies are related to a business than that trophy corner could be a write-off!

You had me at swedish fish.

Originally Posted by M13S (Post 19328102)
Is this Unmuffled?

Friday and Saturday are both unmuffled - no restrictions!

erliuic 03-12-2024 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa (Post 19327918)
If you haven’t registered for the Lime Rock Park club race yet let me provide some additional information.

The LRP club race features THREE SPRINTS and all races count for points! If you are one of those brave souls who wrenches their own car, and doesn’t have a pit crew to help with an enduro pit stop, here is your chance to drive three races in one weekend.

In addition, due to Lime Rock’s “no racing on Sunday” restriction all races will take place on Saturday, so you don’t have to mess up your whole weekend, or better yet, you can use Sunday to explore beautiful Litchfield County, Connecticut!

If you have never been to LRP before you should consider driving this historic track. The good news is that the track is very easy to learn, being only 1.5 miles long. While it is easy to learn you can spend the rest of your racing career trying to get it right! Don’t be intimidated by the “Bull Ring”. If you mess up a corner you have another chance to work on it about a minute later!

Another big plus this year is that we are going to have some nice trophies! If you have been on Rennlist longer than 5 minutes you may be aware of my fondness for trophies. My company is going to be a trophy sponsor so please remember to talk real estate taxation with me for a minute or so at the track so that I can justify the expense. While the desire to win a trophy probably stems from not being hugged enough as a child, I know most racers do like a nice memory of a hard-fought podium!

The trophies are still in production but here is a picture of what they will look like:

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...7342eb5407.png

Friday - Two practice sessions and qualifying – 25 minutes for each session

Saturday – 15 minute warmup; following by THREE SPRINTS which are 35 minutes in length

If you are looking for practice time, there is a HPDE held by the Connecticut Valley Region, on April 18. Registration is on ClubRegistration.net. While Friday and Saturday of the Club Race are unmuffled, this DE event is muffled, so cars must meet the sound limit.

There are plenty of really nice restaurants as well as places to stay. Lime Rock’s website does a good job talking up the other cool things to do in the area - https://limerock.com/know-the-area/places-to-stay/

If I can help anyone thinking about attending this race for the first time feel free to reach out by PM.

OK this is better than the picture frame from a couple years ago...