Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Good, the Bad, the Ugly & The Golden Horseshoe (Or how I kept my place in HWFMR)

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2004, 09:30 AM
Sam N
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

I knew you would make Chesapeake Region proud! Nice job Mark! Sounds like you had a great time. I'm sure DE's will never be the same. Try one of those Playstation racing games to help you pass time. Isn't there some saying that racing is life and everything else is waiting for the next race. ?

I mailed my form for the Schattenbaum DE from Montreal. Not sure when the registrar will receive it though. I'll be there on Friday.

Old 06-18-2004, 10:42 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Thanks, Sam! It really was INcredible.
Old 06-18-2004, 10:55 AM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by 993944S2
-I was called to the scales after the sprint. Get this.... I weighed in at 3060 exactly. How is that for luck.
-I fueled as late as I could and took as much as possible just to make weight.

Don
I was watching F-1 and the announcer noted that Shumi would drive off line during his victory lap, he said this was to pick up as much debris as possible to make sure his weight was as high as possible. That guy is always thinking (or someone in his camp is).
Old 06-21-2004, 10:54 AM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 237 Likes on 143 Posts

Mark:
You have a golden horseshoe? I have a lucky t-shirt I wear underneath my driving suit. I only wear it on raceday and take it off after the race is over. Yes, I do wash it after each race, but have never worn it at any other time. No particular reason for picking this shirt. I wore it at a race in 2001, had a good race, and have worn it ever since.

I case anyone is wondering what's on the shirt, it's "Barefoot" Bob McCreadie, a famous dirt track Modified racer in upstate NY.
Old 06-21-2004, 11:40 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Mark,

I've never seen my golden horseshoe but I know it's in there, somewhere.

Quick Reply: The Good, the Bad, the Ugly & The Golden Horseshoe (Or how I kept my place in HWFMR)