Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would You Buy???

Old 06-14-2004, 07:11 PM
Doc
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would You Buy???

Due to lack of funds and as much as I don't want to, I am considering selling/parting out my baby, an 86 944 Turbo track car. Please read and give me your thoughts.

The car is loaded with everything needed for the track including 2 sets of wheels and meets all rules and requirements necessary to race, [see details below] but currently the motor is out and in parts due to a spun rod bearing.

I also have a trailer to go with this as well as a 1988 Ford Bronco 4x4 too was my tow vehicle) if someone wanted to do a complete package deal to go racing.

The car is still street legal but would need smog and since it was a "track only car" back in 2001 it's not been registered since then and I never listed it as a non-op so I believe there may be some fees associated with that if you wanted to use it as a street car.

I paid $11,000 out the door for the car back in 2000 in near concourse condition, [it had one other owner before me] I've since put nearly $25,000 more in parts. I say nearly because I'm too afraid to add up all the receipts which I still have, not to mention that's $25k wholesale, retail would be closer to $35-40k. The odometer reads approx. 115k miles. (I don’t recall exactly what it is off the top of my head at the moment.)

There are currently several similar complete cars [with the engine installed] listed here in the Rennlist Classified section with the average asking price around $16k. This could be a great car once again if someone put it back together. If you didn’t want to go with the light weight flywheel and crank and go the simple route, Parts heaven has "long blocks" available to $2,000. I'd do it myself and sell the car for $16k but as I've said, I'm out of funds and need the money right now.

If interested, make me an offer. I'd also be willing to take bids on the components if no one makes an offer on the whole deal. I also still have the original seats, an extra set of springs as well as some other extras too.

The details are as follows:

ENGINE:
Autothority Stage II Chips
Lindsey Dual-port Wastegate
Manual Boost Controler
K&N Air Filter
Bursch Test-pipe
Borla Stainless Steel “Straight-through” Race Exhaust
Nology “Hotwire” Spark Plug Wires
Beru Silverstone Spark Plugs
Waterwetter

INTENDED FOR REBUILD SITTING NEW AND WAITING ON A SHELF ARE THE FOLLOWING-
EBS “Performance 5 angle grind Valve-job” Rebuilt Head with new valves, springs, and guides
5.8lbs. Lightweight Aluminum Flywheel
Cross-drill, Knife-edged (Lightened) Crank Shaft
Jerry Woods Racing Baffled Oil Pan

SUSPENSION/BRAKES/DRIVELINE:
Bilstien “Sport” [Race-valved] Coil-over Struts and Shocks
Eibach Springs- 400lbs. Front / 500lbs. Rear (to be used after Torsion Bar Removed)
Brey-Krause Stainless Steel Strut-Tower Brace
Ground Control Spherical Bearing, Adjustable Camber/Caster Plates
Porsche Cup-Car M030 Sway-bar (Front and 3-way Adjustable Rear)
“Brass Cup” Control Arm Ball-Joint (to be installed)
Porsche “Big-Red” 4 Piston [Front] Brake Caliper
-993TT “Floating disc” Cross-drilled Rotors
-“Charlie” Billet Hat and Adapter
Stainless Steel Brake Lines
ATE “Super Blue” Brake Fluid
Pagid “Orange” Brake Pads
80% Locking ZF Limited-Slip Differential
Custom 17inch 3-Piece Forged Aluminum Wheels (9-inch Front/11-inch Rear)
Kumho “Victoracer” 245/45/17 Front – 275/35/17 rear
Mille Milia- C2 Porsche factory replica wheels with street tires
Autothority “Short-Shift” Linkage
Short Billet Shifter-Stalk and ****

BODY/MISC:
Vented Nose Panel
Intercooler Water Spray Nozzle
VDO Boost Gauge
Moon Fuel Pressure Gauge (Mounted on end of fuel rail)
Autometer Air/Fuel Ratio Meter (to be instaled)
Autopower Roll-Cage
Racing Seat
Pyrotect 5-Ponit European Cam-Lock Racing Harness
Pyrotect Window Net
Rear Carpeting and Passenger Seat Removed

So that's pretty much it... my loss is someone else’s gain. Give me your feed back...

The car is pictured in my icon however I'll try and post some photos soon.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Would You Buy???