Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Racing & Drivers Education Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum-65/)
-   -   Chin @ WGI Joo-Lie 4 (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum/1150847-chin-wgi-joo-lie-4-a.html)

gbuff 07-05-2019 01:23 AM

Chin @ WGI July 4

So the neighborhood fireworks have finally died down and I'm done servicing the car after a really good day at a really good track with a really good group of principals and drivers in some really good weather! Got a pile of good track time in the heat while managing traffic in the Red group and enjoyed hanging with many familiars, including the Canadian contingent who braved the border on a major holiday to join us (I've gone up there on this holiday in past years and it can be a total PITA)--by the feedback I got from them they weren't disappointed :p

So hats off to Bill, Mark, Jim, and the rest of the Chin staff for putting on yet another banner event. It was........really good and I'm really enjoying reliving it ;)

Gary

dan212 07-08-2019 09:16 AM

+1 !!!!
Fabulous event as always by Chin. Thanks to Bill, Mark, Jim, Allen and all of the others that make this the usual fun, safe and memorable event.
They even managed to keep the rain away on day two!
Ann and I really want to thank Chin - As well as all of the other drivers that made this such a great event

gbuff 07-08-2019 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by dan212 (Post 15958575)
+1 !!!!
Fabulous event as always by Chin. Thanks to Bill, Mark, Jim, Allen and all of the others that make this the usual fun, safe and memorable event.
They even managed to keep the rain away on day two!
Ann and I really want to thank Chin - As well as all of the other drivers that made this such a great event

Saw your car out there on Day 2 in Red group, Dan--I was in the black Mini.....hope I didn't hold you (or Ann) up :thumbup:

Gary

dan212 07-08-2019 11:23 AM

Yup! I remember. You were hauling in that Mini. Many thanks..
Everyone was working together as always.

Track. got very greasy by the end of Thursday didn't it?

gbuff 07-08-2019 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by dan212 (Post 15958827)
Yup! I remember. You were hauling in that Mini. Many thanks..
Everyone was working together as always.

Track. got very greasy by the end of Thursday didn't it?

And thank you for the kind words. You know, it's funny, I find that it usually does grease up like that, especially with the heat and everything. But I actually ran my fastest lap times of the day (oh no) during Happy (Half) Hour so go figure. If it was really greasy, I guess I just drove around it as always; driving on streets as I do you're usually playing the slide most of the time anyway after a few hot laps:p

No complaints here though!

Off to Mosport tomorrow......

paradocs98 07-08-2019 03:30 PM

I was there both days as well. I like what I hear from the Chin principals at the drivers' meetings--the right emphasis on safety and drivers working together as a group to maximize fun for all. The rhythm and point-by discipline fell apart somewhat on the second day in the blue group, mainly because of new drivers joining on day two that weren't present the first day. Felt like the run group was twice as large on day two. Still a great time, and like Gary above, my fastest times were actually at the end of the day on Thursday. Also very cool to see and chat with former SRT president and current FCA head of design Ralph Gilles, who was running his Viper. A true legend.

gbuff 07-08-2019 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by paradocs98 (Post 15959437)
a great time, and like Gary above, my fastest times were actually at the end of the day on Thursday.

I think a lot of people bailed out for Happy Hour on Thursday as the garages were pretty empty by then; I ran the entire thing start to finish and I don't think I saw more than six or so cars. It was worth staying for all that empty track:thumbsup:

Gary

gbuff 07-08-2019 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by paradocs98 (Post 15959437)
I like what I hear from the Chin principals at the drivers' meetings--the right emphasis on safety and drivers working together as a group to maximize fun for all. of the day on Thursday. Also very cool to see and chat .

And Mark H got some especially righteous tone outta the conch shell to boot :rockon:

paradocs98 07-09-2019 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by gbuff (Post 15959623)
And Mark H got some especially righteous tone outta the conch shell to boot :rockon:

Certainly woke me up.