Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So who got nailed by the Mustang at VIR?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2019, 09:28 PM
TXE36
Drifting

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
Video is down...
I saved it, the internet is forever

I wish I would have saved that Corvette dude at Fontana with the zen-like Asian instructor.

-Mike
Old 07-04-2019, 09:28 PM
Thundermoose
Burning Brakes

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by DTMiller
I don't know what kind of moron you are but that's clearly wrong. Maybe get some experience before you kill someone.
Time to get some insurance, move to California and sign up to run in the "Wad what you Brought" run group with YYC.
Old 07-04-2019, 09:30 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,242 Likes on 1,576 Posts

Originally Posted by Thundermoose
what are we going to argue about now?
Yeah. That's not gonna be a problem.

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Haha I know. I actually think the word is Banzai
God damn! Do I need to spellcheck every post now?!
Old 07-04-2019, 09:32 PM
ZCPSnob
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did I hear the mustang driver yell “BOMBAKLATTTTTT!!” before impact?
Old 07-04-2019, 09:35 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,310 Likes on 796 Posts

Originally Posted by ZCPSnob
Did I hear the mustang driver yell “BOMBAKLATTTTTT!!” before impact?

Where is the 'Dislike' button?
Old 07-04-2019, 09:42 PM
ZCPSnob
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
Where is the 'Dislike' button?
Old 07-04-2019, 09:54 PM
TXE36
Drifting

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
God damn! Do I need to spellcheck every post now?!
Spellcheck ain't gonna save you on that one.

-Mike
Old 07-04-2019, 09:56 PM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 591 Likes on 375 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
It is very clear a lap timer was to blame for this incident.
....Along with a heavy dose of red mist and complete lapse of common sense.
Old 07-04-2019, 10:07 PM
ELange0322
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by jdistefa
Erik - pretty atypical for a CHIN event, Mark usually has a tight leash on people. Outlier.

On a more positive note, I'm in NYC and heading to Phillipe again... per your recommendation from a few year ago

See you at Mosport!
Damn ! I didn’t realize this was a CHIN event. I ran with CHIN for the first time last year at VIR and had a very good experience, so in my limited experience will agree that atypical with what I have seen. There is a PCA region that runs at VIR that I have committed to avoid (genesis for signing with CHIN as couldn’t have possibly been worse). To be clear, I was actually very impressed with CHIN.

Sorry I missed you being in NY, and hope you enjoy the “cafeteria” again. . I was there a week or so ago and Eddie and Nick took care of me as usual. PM separately for other suggestions...

I have been trying to get Mosport back in my rotation, but with instructing with the Rennsport region, I’m committed to 4 events at Tremblant (like its such a effort and issue going to Tremblant !). Love the track and fabulous group of people. It’s actually considered my home region...

Back to the incident, just rewatched the video again... just incredible and shocking. It’s amazing that the GT3 driver is OK and wishing the best for him. The whole thing sucks.
Old 07-04-2019, 10:30 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

This accident is not Chin Track Days fault.
Old 07-04-2019, 10:34 PM
Geneman
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 98 Posts

does anyone know if the mustang driver was actually approved as an advanced driver, and had been checked out , in-car, by one of the chin personell or instructors. my experience with chin is that they are very conservative in moving people up. just my 2cents
Old 07-04-2019, 10:38 PM
Dwane
Race Car

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ELange0322

I have been trying to get Mosport back in my rotation, but with instructing with the Rennsport region, I’m committed to 4 events at Tremblant (like its such a effort and issue going to Tremblant !). Love the track and fabulous group of people. It’s actually considered my home region...
Mr Lange...Looks like we’ll have to chat and figure out how to get some of the RSR crew some track time at Mosport!?
Old 07-04-2019, 10:41 PM
ELange0322
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mdrums
This accident is not Chin Track Days fault.
I hope that didn’t come across as my implying that. In fact, I was trying to say just the opposite and the lack of control of the GT3 driver for the bit that I watched, and the driving and behavior of the Mustang are also not my experience from running with them. In fact, I would run with them anytime based on my impression of how run and organized.

That said, I am in violent agreement with you. There can always be these type of drivers in any event (and track day or race). There is no way to manage entirely out of the group. THAT is the problem - that drivers like this exist at all, with a seeming lack of consciousness and awareness, or understanding and appreciation of the financial and physical implications of their actions and behaviors to themselves and those they are on track with.

Sorry if anyone took my prior post to imply that any of this was representative of CHIN, or responsibility of the organizer.
Old 07-04-2019, 10:46 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 447 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by yesyoucan
???/

You guys are funny. Plenty of video's of people going into walls at DE events, bullying people online that they didn't get a point by.

Not sure why incidents (car to car contact, people going into walls) or people driving aggressively at DE events is a surprise for any of you.

If it is then......
It's not funny and that's the problem with people being casual about this stuff - including posting such a monumental example of poor judgement online with little apparent insight.

It's actually stunning to me because he could easily have killed the other driver.

You can be blasé as a 3.5 year DE expert but don't expect the same from this group.

I hope I'm not bullying you but videos doesn't require an apostrophe. I realize that I've stolen the opportunity from LuigiV to play grammar-****.
The following users liked this post:
ProCoach (07-05-2019)
Old 07-04-2019, 10:47 PM
ELange0322
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dwane
Mr Lange...Looks like we’ll have to chat and figure out how to get some of the RSR crew some track time at Mosport!?
Hey Dwane ! Yeah, that would be great and would love to get back to Mosport. I ran there once with Upper Canada and was great. Another time involved a different PCA region and was a ****show and will not run with them again.

I think very important to drive multiple tracks, and glad RSR has committed to including Calabogie in its schedule. I wish I could have gone by have a conflict which precludes me from doing so. Big Daddy (Dave) Kane will be there though, and I am looking forward to going back.

So, yes - maybe we can start getting something planned for Mosport. That would be “EPIC” (in the words of Mr Lane).

Quick Reply: So who got nailed by the Mustang at VIR?