Racer

Received 61 Likes on 43 Posts

wtf did I just read....
Old 07-10-2019, 07:34 AM
Paul Solk
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by yesyoucan
It's sad to see track organizers/instructors mocking a serious topic.

You guys either like to post and have fun or are totally clueless to things

I run a lap timer. I participate in the timed events. Many people who participate in these events use a pseudo name for insurance purposes in case something happens and it can't be tied back to them for insurance purposes.

Lockton and Haggery are now covering timed events with special insurance policies and the regular track one won't cover it. They themselves have assessed the risk to be much greater.

I'm going to link to things here. Three things here.

1) is from my youtube notifications where I was chastising a video with a person in a BRZ who was trolling a GT3RS driver. btw; it looks to be the same GT3RS and same day as the person you were analyzing his spin out at turn 9 at Laguna Seca (the poster of that video took it down eventually).

2) a person who just happened to get two seconds faster right after he received track insurance

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzhcVqjgpiK/

90decibel

New personal best time at @weathertechraceway with @exclusivetrackdays. Buying a track insurance immediately shaved off 2 seconds of my lap time ��

3) a posting from another person who happened to track at speed ventures (same day I did) and seemed to buy his lap timing device from procoach and he said how wonderful of a day he had (no off's by anyone and no incidents). He was in the equivalent of the intermediate group. That same day; I saw the flat bed go out three times (returned twice with cars and one empty handed). In my run group the flat bed wasn't needed but a corvette went hard into the wall between turn 9 and 10. I'm wondering if Martin was even at the same track day I was.

https://rennlist.com/forums/data-acq...ired-into.html
Did a track day st Laguna Seca with Speed Ventures, great group with good drivers, saw no off track excursions or incidents of any sort.

First time out with my AiM SOLO 2 wired into the 2004 GT3 CAN bus system. As usual the Predictive Timing feature on the AiM was very helpful.

My comment was the first one in this picture. The comments from the person who posted the video is from "The Racers Line"
Man, someone already told you to stop digging when you are already in a hole but you just can't help shoveling deeper huh?

What you just posted is the biggest load of crap since what I dropped in the bowl 5 minutes ago. Just stop dude. Yes, people are making fun of your comments directly and indirectly because of the stupidity they contain and your desire to prove an entire forum wrong. You and your 3.5 years and 65 DE days who is so obviously the expert on all of this...

Maybe the fact SO MANY are mocking your comments should tell you more about your comments than anything else.... #TAKEAHINT #TRYLISTENING

Seriously man, you're trying to prove a point with random youtube posts that don't even tie into the discussion and you can't even tell the person who said they shaved two seconds after buying "a track insurance" was most likely being sarcastic, hence the smiley...

You really need to stop trying to "prove a point" and "be right." Your youtube commentary isn't going to convince anyone here.

Last edited by Paul Solk; 07-10-2019 at 07:53 AM.
Old 07-10-2019, 07:53 AM
okie981
Rennlist Member

Received 605 Likes on 414 Posts

This thread has given me several good laughs and chuckles.

Someday, If I keep training hard, maybe I can be promoted to FLAT OUT run group.
Old 07-10-2019, 08:28 AM
Thundermoose
Burning Brakes

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Solk

Seriously man, you're trying to prove a point with random youtube posts that don't even tie into the discussion and you can't even tell the person who said they shaved two seconds after
You really need to stop trying to "prove a point" and "be right." Your youtube commentary isn't going to convince anyone here.
Food for thought

Name:  photo221.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  196.9 KB
Attached Images  

Last edited by Thundermoose; 07-10-2019 at 10:42 AM.
Old 07-10-2019, 08:40 AM
Paul Solk
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by okie981
This thread has given me several good laughs and chuckles.

Someday, If I keep training hard, maybe I can be promoted to FLAT OUT run group.
FLAT OUT is about more than training Okie, it's a mindset, an attitude, an ego and especially an inability to listen!! Plus you have to be able to reference Youtube comments regularly apparently...

These are natural traits you either have or you don't, we can't teach you, it's a natural thing, some have it some don't (Not to mention insurance and a lap timer!)

Last edited by Paul Solk; 07-10-2019 at 08:56 AM.
Old 07-10-2019, 08:55 AM
bertram928
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
I don't want to brag but I was a paid driver for several years and was world renowned for my speed.

The fact that I was delivering pizza should take nothing away from the fact that I was a pro driver. Further, since I drove for Dominos, I was a factory pro driver.

No Joke, had Domino's guy racing around when i used to live in MI in a rusty $800 1989 SHO banging shifts at 7600 rpm redline, could that have been you back in the day, LOL
Old 07-10-2019, 09:21 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by bertram928
No Joke, had Domino's guy racing around when i used to live in MI in a rusty $800 1989 SHO banging shifts at 7600 rpm redline, could that have been you back in the day, LOL
Only if said Domino driver timed his deliveries with an Aim system..
Old 07-10-2019, 09:39 AM
bertram928
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by dgrobs
Only if said Domino driver timed his deliveries with an Aim system..
good idea , in the colder climates timing is everything when it comes to delivery, it is hard enough to keep the car warm, let alone the pizza. LOL

In MI, a hot pizza gets a good tip, expectation and regular tip is a luke warm pizza, thus as a business model the SHO guy running at red line has rationalized the better tips more than make up for extra gas used.
Old 07-10-2019, 10:00 AM
DTMiller
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 160 Posts

YesYouCan2020

I think he brings a lot of good ideas to the table and I'm excited to see him shifting the national conversation.

#neverPaulSolk
Old 07-10-2019, 10:01 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DTMiller
YesYouCan2020

I'm excited to see him shifting the national conversation.
He's running PDK. You're welcome....
Old 07-10-2019, 10:03 AM
DTMiller
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dgrobs
He's running PDK. You're welcome....
Then I'm glad to get video of him unmmmmm... Uh.. paddling the conversation's behind, I guess.

YesYouCan/Grobs2020!!
Old 07-10-2019, 10:04 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

YesYouCan/Grobs2020!!
Don't....
Old 07-10-2019, 10:17 AM
DTMiller
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Thundermoose
Food for thought

Attachment 1306162

Old 07-10-2019, 10:23 AM
Jabs1542
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Solk
FLAT OUT is about more than training Okie, it's a mindset, an attitude, an ego and especially an inability to listen!! Plus you have to be able to reference Youtube comments regularly apparently...

These are natural traits you either have or you don't, we can't teach you, it's a natural thing, some have it some don't (Not to mention insurance and a lap timer!)
I came up through the normal HPDE programs where this very behavior was discouraged, therefore I don’t have these traits. Is there a school out there that will deprogram my ‘good behaviors’ and show me the path to becoming Flat Out? I really want to be Flat Out, that’s so much more impressive with my non-track friends (I’m really not insecure but I need more ‘likes’).
Old 07-10-2019, 10:40 AM
Thundermoose
Burning Brakes

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

LOL I intended to add "automated" in there

Quick Reply: NEW DE Format