Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 761 Likes on 499 Posts
Default Vision Webinar

Who is doing the vision webinar with Ross next week? https://speedsecrets.com/vision/

I'm signed up and interested what he has to say. I've been doing vision training for a few months and it's been really interesting. I'm intrigued to see which things Ross includes.
Old 06-20-2019, 10:11 AM
mhm993
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 148 Posts

Matt
How do you practice vision training? I've heard this term and received Ross's email, but don't know what this is.
Old 06-20-2019, 10:59 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by mhm993
Matt
How do you practice vision training? I've heard this term and received Ross's email, but don't know what this is.
I do a number of things. I'm sure Ross will touch on the more known and accessible items like juggling, but I actually go to an Ph.D, MD eye doctor and he goes through a number of things including Neurotracker, a Synaptec Sensory Station, another board (that really messes with you), Fit Lights, and a host of other visiion/neuro exercises. More than just having the equipment, he knows which drills, the timing, and sequence to exercise your brain. It's really fun and I can see why high level athletes use it so much.

This is the place I"m going https://www.infocuseyecarenh.com/athelite-infocus/ For anyone interested, he's one of the early adopters of all of this training and is rolling out the Synaptec App training (that has to be done through a professional). I would recommend it to anyone who is serious about getting better. If you want to do it, shoot them an email or call.
Old 06-20-2019, 11:47 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,801 Likes on 1,655 Posts

Pretty cool, Matt!

A long way from Roos Ocular Motion Theory we learned a few decades ago. Great explanation.

Looking forward to Ross’ webinar. We’ve spent time talking about that, among other things, here at VIR the last couple days.
Old 06-20-2019, 11:56 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 253 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
Pretty cool, Matt!

A long way from Roos Ocular Motion Theory we learned a few decades ago. Great explanation.

Looking forward to Ross’ webinar. We’ve spent time talking about that, among other things, here at VIR the last couple days.
Around 10 years ago he did a seminar for PCA/CVR where a good part was about vision. I still remember hanging a pencil on a string from my forehead and seeing it actually move unconsciously with my eye movement.. then we did the opposing hand knee slap thing..
Old 06-20-2019, 12:01 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Pretty cool, Matt!

Doing the exercises is really cool. When you do the perception span exercises you can fell your vision increasing!

I'm interested to see what Ross has in the seminar. When we talked about it earlier this year, he had some neat ideas. The easy one for lots of people that Ross advocates is juggling. I'm solid with 3 items (no knives yet....), but want to get to 5 *****.
Old 06-20-2019, 12:10 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,801 Likes on 1,655 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Around 10 years ago he did a seminar for PCA/CVR where a good part was about vision. I still remember hanging a pencil on a string from my forehead and seeing it actually move unconsciously with my eye movement.. then we did the opposing hand knee slap thing..
Ah, cross crawls!

It’s all about finding what works.
Old 06-20-2019, 01:55 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Ah, cross crawls!

It’s all about finding what works.
Cross crawls are good as are some other centering techniques (tongue to the top of your mouth). Breathing is also very important.
Old 06-20-2019, 06:43 PM
KevinGross
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 100 Posts

I'm in -- have registered.
Old 07-29-2019, 09:35 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

For anyone who didn't do the webinar, Ross talked about Vizual Edge, which is a vision training program/protocol. He talks to the people there in his recent podcast and extends a great offer for people to do some vision training. The podcast link is at https://speedsecrets.com/speed-secre...riving-vision/

The training is interesting. I've been doing this protocol (along with others) since the webinar. One thing I did find is that the Vizual Edge 3D glasses are much harder for me to use than the Neurotracker glasses. My wife found the opposite.
Old 07-29-2019, 10:27 PM
fatbillybob
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
I do a number of things. I'm sure Ross will touch on the more known and accessible items like juggling, but I actually go to an Ph.D, MD eye doctor and he goes through a number of things including Neurotracker, a Synaptec Sensory Station, another board (that really messes with you), Fit Lights, and a host of other visiion/neuro exercises. More than just having the equipment, he knows which drills, the timing, and sequence to exercise your brain. It's really fun and I can see why high level athletes use it so much.
ll.
I wonder if this kind of exercise keeps your overall brain sharp for longer. I haven't found a single good thing about aging.
Old 07-29-2019, 10:53 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by fatbillybob
I wonder if this kind of exercise keeps your overall brain sharp for longer. I haven't found a single good thing about aging.
I'm not sure if this one does, but things like Nuerotracker and the Senaptec training are supposed to promote nueroplasticity.

Quick Reply: Vision Webinar