Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCA Laguna Seca 7/18 - 7/21/19

Old 06-11-2019, 09:38 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 506 Likes on 337 Posts
Default PCA Laguna Seca 7/18 - 7/21/19

This is a PCA GGR race focused event, one of the five (5) PCA national race weekends...they just started taking registrations a few days ago, June 6th? They have also advertised Advance TT Group(s), on a space available basis, that is to say, if they can't fill up all their race groups, then they'll create a run group for Time Trial drivers: About 30 or so had signed up to be on the waiting list last time I visited the motorsportReg.com web site. And note, renting a garage will be nearly impossible with all the racers having first dibs. I get that.

Early on, I signed up on motorsportReg.com for the event as a TT entrant. My fellow TT drivers and me have been told we'll have to wait until the end of June to see if they'll have a TT group. Racers need to sign up with PCA, as per usual.

Just to be certain I get another Laguna Seca fix, I am running with Speed Ventures...their event is June 28, 29 and 30. I am just going to drive up and run on Sunday. the 30th.
If I get lucky, they'll offer a TT group, and I'll run 20th and 21st of July with PCA, then come back in August with the Porsche Owners Club fro two (2) days. As you can imagine, Laguna Seca is a favorite, a World Class track, with lots of TT events, and within a 2 hour drive of my house, sweet.

I wish this were the case with Chuckwalla, but there is no place within 2 hours of that track where I could live, heat too intense from May through September. Only been here once but love this track, probably one of the safest venues in the west, very technical, with lots of run off should one chose to exit the track in an unfortunate moment.

Lastly, Checkered Flag Racing is having a 1 day event at Laguna Seca November 2nd, 2019, a Saturday. I make this one!!!!
Old 06-12-2019, 11:17 AM
pvgolfer
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'll add that the July 18-21 PCA event will have 103 db sound limits. This is MUCH better than the usual 90-92 db limits at Laguna. With limits raised to 103 db, there should be no problem for stock GT3/GT4 cars. Looking forward to this event!
Old 06-17-2019, 12:04 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 506 Likes on 337 Posts
Default More good news....

Originally Posted by pvgolfer
I'll add that the July 18-21 PCA event will have 103 db sound limits. This is MUCH better than the usual 90-92 db limits at Laguna. With limits raised to 103 db, there should be no problem for stock GT3/GT4 cars. Looking forward to this event!
Drivers!

Thank you for registering for GGR's upcoming DE at Laguna next month. It is
time to confirm your registration. This email is to seek your OK to charge
your credit card at this time.

Please reply to mcclelland.ggr@gmail.com.

Thank you very much!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PCA Laguna Seca 7/18 - 7/21/19