Sponsored by:

Kudos to HOD Northeast

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 05:35 PM
paradocs98
Rennlist Member

Received 370 Likes on 173 Posts
Default Kudos to HOD Northeast

I had such an enjoyable trackday yesterday at Lime Rock with Hooked on Driving Northeast. A big thank-you to Jay Tepper and Bob Fischer (Gofishracing here on rennlist) and the rest of the HOD crew for putting on such a great event. It must be HOD's philosophy as well as the clientele it attracts, but I've rarely witnessed such an outstanding combination of camaraderie, politeness, and speed. I ran in group C (advanced solo) and the driving was very heads-up: good communication and timely point-bys. It's hard to get a good flow going on a short course like LRP when there are 15+ cars on track, but the excellent discipline on display yesterday made it a pleasure. I was told that there were a couple instances of poor situational awareness in group C the day before, but that those issues were quickly addressed--another sign of a well-run organization. I could tell just from the drivers' meeting that it would likely be a good day--friendly organizers, but serious about safety, putting an emphasis on how we're all responsible for making sure everyone else has a fast, fun, safe time on track together. I think too often DE organizations put up with bad behavior because they're afraid of offending a customer. Clearly not the case with HOD Northeast. I particularly liked the brief download sessions even in the faster run groups to quickly resolve any issues, and the fact that an instructor circulated in his/her own car during all sessions in the various run groups to keep an eye on things.

Lots of Porsches were in attendance--a few GT4s, a couple of race-prepped Caymans, GT3s of various generations, Spec Boxsters, and a couple of Cup cars. The run group above mine was something to behold--mostly full-on race cars running an open format with no point-bys. That top group included two of the Stoner/Invisible Glass Aston Martins from the IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge series. They must have been testing-n-tuning in preparation for the July race at LRP. Also running was one of the Huracans from the Lambo Super Trofeo series--stunning car. The young driver did a morning session and then said in the paddock, "I ran a :53. I'm happy. I'm done."

So I highly recommend HOD Northeast for anybody looking for a great DE organization. Great group of people!

Old 06-09-2019, 05:40 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,833 Likes on 1,670 Posts

Great group!
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 06-09-2019, 09:31 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 363 Likes on 261 Posts

Hoping to do their WGI date in October if it isn't snowing

But it won't be snowing Tuesday at Mosport!

Gary
Old 06-09-2019, 09:35 PM
erko1905
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts

October WGI does look tempting, as well as the September Lightning, wonder if I can prep car in 3 days as September 2-3 is Chin.

I'm not sure how much track is too much track - my wife lets me know only after, so I'm trying to tread carefully
Old 06-09-2019, 09:49 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 363 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by erko1905
I'm not sure how much track is too much track - my wife lets me know only after, so I'm trying to tread carefully
It's much easier when the track is your wife
Old 06-10-2019, 02:25 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Great meeting you. Thanks for the kind words. Some amazing cars at our event. HOD runs a NICE event.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:20 PM
dan212
Rennlist Member

Received 104 Likes on 74 Posts
Default HOD is a pleasure

I have known the folks at HOD for many years. Great guys and run a tight, safe event.
Highly recommended
Old 06-17-2019, 09:42 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

from pit lane

Quick Reply: Kudos to HOD Northeast