Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 762 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Super solid! Just a couple small suggestions that may yield notable results:

Use ALL of the flat apex curbing in 1. The farther in you get, the more entry speed you can carry, and the sooner you can release steering. All of these have a direct impact on MPH all the way to the Bus Stop, and thus a huge impact on lap time.

You can be WOT into and through 2 in 4th gear. Also a huge impact on time.

You can be WOT all the way up the esses. Same huge impact.
I agree. It may take a slightly wider entry to T2 to carry full throttle. Remember the old patch and would be closer to 4 wheel on the concrete than just the left side. This video would be all 4 inside the old patch.
Old 06-06-2019, 10:35 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,414 Likes on 755 Posts

With the repave came more camber all the way inside against the T2 apex curbing, though...so it's a trade off
Old 06-06-2019, 10:57 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 762 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
With the repave came more camber all the way inside against the T2 apex curbing, though...so it's a trade off
The camber is interesting around the track - I've measured a lot of it. I've found in some car the driven radius can be very important and what is optimal can change depending on car, tires, etc. The track has also lost the "new" and I think it will change how people drive parts of it in the next 1-2 years before it stabilizes some more. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.
Old 06-06-2019, 11:21 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,836 Likes on 1,670 Posts

To VR's point, a majority of drivers and data I see indicate that most cars are underdriven in enough places at The Glen that it'll be awhile before much of this detail or degradation will come into play, in my experience.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 06-07-2019, 11:01 AM
hinchcliffe
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Instructing at our Niagara event last week I rode in three different cars (Street Mini, e46 M3 and '08 Cayman) then driving my e46 330 four door Polka Dot Warrior (Fear the dots). Only the Cayman right seat I felt it lap after lap. His turn in was later than the others along with stiffer suspension.

My car (tight suspension) I felt it pretty consistently, but used it as a reference for getting the car in the right spot for the back straight. Doesn't unsettle anything, but I'm only doing 110 there.

Grobs, did I convince you to try a cabin instead of a room at the Lodge.... My kids kept asking where's Bruce...

VR how goes it buddy, miss you up here. You and JT together made for a great track walk...

Last edited by hinchcliffe; 06-07-2019 at 11:19 AM.
Old 06-07-2019, 11:06 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,414 Likes on 755 Posts

Yeah I missed you guys as well! Thank you, I always enjoy doing them and we make a great team!!
Old 06-07-2019, 11:31 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by hinchcliffe
Instructing at our Niagara event last week I rode in three different cars (Street Mini, e46 M3 and '08 Cayman) then driving my e46 330 four door Polka Dot Warrior (Fear the dots). Only the Cayman right seat I felt it lap after lap. His turn in was later than the others along with stiffer suspension.

My car (tight suspension) I felt it pretty consistently, but used it as a reference for getting the car in the right spot for the back straight. Doesn't unsettle anything, but I'm only doing 110 there.

Grobs, did I convince you to try a cabin instead of a room at the Lodge.... My kids kept asking where's Bruce...

VR how goes it buddy, miss you up here. You and JT together made for a great track walk...

Fear the dots. Love it C. I will switch one of my rooms this season for a cabin and check it out.
As for your kids asking where’s Bruce, hope you understand that I go to the track to GET AWAY from my kids. LOL.
See ya next week buddy. Can’t tell you how much I love running with Niagara. You guys rock.

Yes, I will fear the dots.
Old 06-07-2019, 11:55 AM
hinchcliffe
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Haha, I bring the kids to buy future time for myself...

Let me know if you still want to trade shrirt sizes from the May event...
Old 06-07-2019, 12:31 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by hinchcliffe
Haha, I bring the kids to buy future time for myself...

Let me know if you still want to trade shrirt sizes from the May event...
+ 1 on the kiddies. Been there done that got the T-shirt to prove it.
Yes on the shirt. Thank you.
I ordered mine when I was a wee bit heavier.

Quick Reply: Nice WGI baseline lap