Sponsored by:

seat brace Appendix I understandin

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2019, 06:32 PM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Default seat brace Appendix I understandin

first time coming back to a non-factory car, so trying to ensure the car is compliance with seat back brace rules and exceptions.
seat is about 4 inches from firewall, close but more than 3. its 1 inch or so from the cage. too tight to put a brey krause brace support in there easily.
might fabricate something to go behind and bolt to cage and put padding on that so padding will be right on seat.

seat is a omP hte, well within 3 years of manufacturer date.
hardware is all within spec as defined in pca rules appendix i.
uses planted side mount, alloy >5mm so that too meets spec.
and uses floor adapters to the stock seat holds, again using bolts size and grade meeting rules.

do i need a seat back brace or since using factory hole, fia compliant side mounts, etc. am i allowed to not sure seat brace?
the adapter to the chassis is what might cause grief as its a brey krause or a recaro, but not the recaro cup sliders, etc. as they would put me a good 2" higher, which i dont have to give up without helmet whacking on the roof or cage.

is there a thread somewhere on that appendix I, interpretation, or if someone has a solid understanding and would love to share, it would be much much appreciated.
Old 06-04-2019, 09:48 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 164 Posts

As long as your seat is < 6 years old you don't need one.

Quick Reply: seat brace Appendix I understandin