Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any thoughts on the #22 Aston Martin driver's "move" this past weekend at LRP?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2019, 09:30 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 385 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
The Cup driver is fine. Nobody is criticizing him at all
I would certainly think that is what everything thinks BUT a common problem on internet forums is that people don't always reference which part of a thread they are talking about!
I'm guessing that Mike and I were both confused by the whole 'yellow group driver shouldn't be racing' thing. It is NOT clear from the thread which driver is the 'yellow PCA driver.'
That is all.
Old 05-31-2019, 09:31 PM
Cemoto
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by uhear
Oh here is another video perspective from the car behind the Green TA car. You will see just how well the Porsche driver performed and how (IMO) the Green #22 TA driver was egregiously negligent.
Hope the SVRA steward gets a look at that footage. . . .
Old 05-31-2019, 09:34 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Coochas
I would certainly think that is what everything thinks BUT a common problem on internet forums is that people don't always reference which part of a thread they are talking about!
I'm guessing that Mike and I were both confused by the whole 'yellow group driver shouldn't be racing' thing. It is NOT clear from the thread which driver is the 'yellow PCA driver.'
That is all.
We think alike, which worries me greatly.
Old 05-31-2019, 09:35 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 385 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
We think alike, which worries me greatly.
Yeah, you're right.
Old 05-31-2019, 10:03 PM
seanseidman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Aston driver should be banned from racing for a long while.
No remorse makes it a lifetime ban!
​​​
Old 06-01-2019, 10:05 AM
stownsen914
Three Wheelin'

Received 268 Likes on 172 Posts

I for one appreciate when people share others' asinine on-track behavior so I know who to stay way from. This Aston guy sounds like a real prize.
Old 06-01-2019, 11:15 AM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Sorry I was not initially clear about Aston Martin #22- I would never allow a Yellow Instructed PCA student to race in any Series. My heart goes out to the Cup Car that was destroyed. Zero tolerance - can't allow hot heads in my DE world. . It's about Safe serious Fun. We are all winners when we go home safe. Our events are a close knit community of dedicated car enthusiasts- I'm protecting my groups. Even on test & tune open passing formats we observe to try & anticipate any issues as much as possible.
Old 06-01-2019, 11:38 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,799 Likes on 1,654 Posts

To be clear, this was in a sanctioned race weekend.

Nothing to do with any DE or test and tune day.

It was in the last race of the International GT/SVRA Group 10 (big bore, modern GT, slicks) race group in SVRA’s Trans Am combined weekend at Lime Rock Park on Memorial Day Monday.

Both drivers evidently satisfied SVRA’s credentialling requirements for competition in their sanctioned events. The Aston driver is a plastic surgeon in or around DC, IIRC. Did track days, then marque specific race events, then PWC with David Russell’s Automatic Racing. Always in an Aston. The Porsche driver was accepted by SVRA and supported by a strong PCA and Historic Racing prep shop with excellent mentoring capabilities.

Still trying to to figure out the DE tie in on this thread, with regard to this incident on this weekend. What am I missing?
Old 06-01-2019, 11:50 AM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The tie in to DE is racers often attend my events to test & tune. Or come for "practice" at a DE. Happens all the time. It's like also having someone say I Instruct for such & such group. Does not mean you are Coaching with my involved events.
Old 06-02-2019, 11:43 AM
HoBoJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by uhear
**See video attachment of the car behind the #22 Green TA driver below. Oh here is another video perspective from the car behind the Green TA car. You will see just how well the Porsche driver performed and how (IMO) the Green #22 TA driver was egregiously negligent.

Wow....
Old 06-02-2019, 02:08 PM
Akunob
Rennlist Member

Received 896 Likes on 569 Posts

Can we de-escalate this a little bit, lifetime bans?! The #22 Aston Martin was clearly at fault and bears responsibility for the incident. However this was racing and incidents occur...facts! Ideally, the driver of the #22 would have accepted responsibility for the incident and offered to offset some, if not all, of the Cup car driver’s damages. Not doing so makes him a douche, sure, but bans? Unless the #22 AM driver has a repeated history of such behavior I would think talks of ‘bans’ are a bit premature. Guys it’s a racing event, bad things can and do happen on track. To the OP, again sorry this happened to your car. I’m happy you were not seriously injured. The lack of remorse from the #22 AM driver was terrible.
Old 06-02-2019, 02:20 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by HoBoJoe
Wow....
Wow indeed. From the original video I assumed that the AM driver over-cooked it and his momentum carried him out. From that video it looks like he punted the Cup trying to optimize track position for the next turn. Absolutely no reason to do that there, it wouldn't have cost him more then a 10th or two.
Old 06-02-2019, 03:17 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,400 Likes on 748 Posts

Originally Posted by sbelles
Wow indeed. From the original video I assumed that the AM driver over-cooked it and his momentum carried him out. From that video it looks like he punted the Cup trying to optimize track position for the next turn. Absolutely no reason to do that there, it wouldn't have cost him more then a 10th or two.
Yup. As I said, a schit move
Old 06-03-2019, 11:00 PM
seanseidman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Akunob
Can we de-escalate this a little bit, lifetime bans?! The #22 Aston Martin was clearly at fault and bears responsibility for the incident. However this was racing and incidents occur...facts! Ideally, the driver of the #22 would have accepted responsibility for the incident and offered to offset some, if not all, of the Cup car driver’s damages. Not doing so makes him a douche, sure, but bans? Unless the #22 AM driver has a repeated history of such behavior I would think talks of ‘bans’ are a bit premature. Guys it’s a racing event, bad things can and do happen on track. To the OP, again sorry this happened to your car. I’m happy you were not seriously injured. The lack of remorse from the #22 AM driver was terrible.

We can most definitely de-escalate this.
I race, and understand that s..t happens.
This appears to be a deliberate punt.
A punt with no remorse is quite inexcusable is all I'm saying.
Old 06-04-2019, 08:55 AM
stownsen914
Three Wheelin'

Received 268 Likes on 172 Posts

Did you forget a “not” in the statement above? it hadn’t occurred to me that this move might be deliberate.

Either way, a sh*t move to run the Cup off, and again in apparently not apologizing.

Last edited by stownsen914; 06-04-2019 at 12:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Any thoughts on the #22 Aston Martin driver's "move" this past weekend at LRP?