Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lewis thanks team for medium tires...

Old 05-27-2019, 08:51 AM
Glen
Race Car

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Lewis thanks team for medium tires...

Old 05-27-2019, 09:51 AM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,237 Likes on 1,576 Posts

Jolyon Palmer on the BBC 5Live podcast after the race made the remark of "when has Lewis not been on the radio complaining about some aspect of his car during the race."

He thinks it is a little bit mind games with Ferrari and Redbull and also a bit of showmanship. "I don't know how I got to the end of the race because of ........."

I tend to agree.
Old 05-27-2019, 09:58 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 385 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
Jolyon Palmer on the BBC 5Live podcast after the race made the remark of "when has Lewis not been on the radio complaining about some aspect of his car during the race."

He thinks it is a little bit mind games with Ferrari and Redbull and also a bit of showmanship. "I don't know how I got to the end of the race because of ........."

I tend to agree.
TOTALLY.
I do believe that Lewis is a phenomenal driver but the HAM likes to ham it up. Hehehe.
He doesn't need to do this BS. He's one of the best drivers and he's in the best car.
Old 05-27-2019, 09:59 AM
Paul Solk
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa

I tend to agree.
The interesting thing is what the FIA actually "chooses" to broadcast... If you have f1tv and listen to each team it's amazing what you actually hear...
Watching the broadcast you get the impression all the other drivers are silent and Lewis is the only one on the radio complaining. Listening to each team's radio you can actually hear what's going on.
Poor LeClerc sounded like he was having a meltdown, Haas always makes for very entertaining listening, two kids I really enjoy listening to are Norris and George Russell. Oh and Kimi is really impressed with Lance LOL...
Old 05-27-2019, 10:03 AM
hf1
Banned

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Monaco has become a boring parade lap show, not a race anymore. The pole position winner might as well run the whole race on street summer tires, never pit in, and still keep P1 for the whole length of the race.
Old 05-27-2019, 10:05 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 385 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
Monaco has become a boring parade lap show, not a race anymore. The pole position winner might as well run the whole race on street summer tires, never pit in, and still keep P1 for the whole length of the race.
They could save a whole lot of money by just using the qualifying results as the race results for Monaco.
Old 05-27-2019, 10:43 AM
951and944S
Race Car

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

I was surprised to see the on-board on/% throttle of Vers' car after putting on the hard tire.
1/2-3/4 throttle where had been WOT on the softs.

Seems to me, it's all a game with Mercedes and in actuality, it's the med tire that won the race for Ham.

The superior traction out of the corners was blatantly obvious, especially Portier.

If I'm not wrong, Ham's stint on meds was within or at the lap count expected by Pirelli...?
Cloudy conditions should have solidified that prediction and also been the better choice (meds/hards) had it sprinkled.

Right call was meds, especially in the lead where the pace could be controlled.

Rest of the radio faux concern and after race trolling is all just a heap of entertainment bu11****.

T
Old 05-27-2019, 10:45 AM
okie981
Rennlist Member

Received 605 Likes on 414 Posts

Indy 500 was a race, Monaco was a show. I saved the Indy recording to watch again, deleted Monaco as soon as checkered flag was thrown.
Old 05-27-2019, 10:47 AM
951and944S
Race Car

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

BTW, what is the consensus on the "unsafe" release....?

WTF are you supposed to do when your crew beats the other team (Vers was ahead in pitlane)....?

The stop/go sign pole guy (or lights nowadays) should add a triangular "yield"....?

RollsEyes

T
Old 05-27-2019, 04:55 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 360 Likes on 259 Posts

I dunno, I rather enjoyed watching--towards the end Max turned up the juice and got really close and the anticipation of knowing he was gonna go for it at some point SOON kept me on edge. He did go for it, and failed, even though if he'd "won" he'd be third with the 5sec penalty. Helluva drive by Lewis on those tires.

Yes, his whining got tiresome. Yes, it's a street course where it's nearly impossible to pass so it inherently sucks But it's Monaco, and the in-car footage was worth the price of admission ($0 ) for me.

On to Canada, eh?!

Gary
Old 05-27-2019, 05:04 PM
DTMiller
Rennlist Member

Received 268 Likes on 157 Posts

Was at the track Sunday so just watched the last 10 laps or so. Max was a lot faster than HAM, there's a chance he does better than 3rd even with the 5 sec penalty if he gets clear with a few laps remaining. After the touch at the chicane Max reeled him back in very easily.
Old 05-27-2019, 05:09 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 360 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by DTMiller
Was at the track Sunday so just watched the last 10 laps or so. Max was a lot faster than HAM, there's a chance he does better than 3rd even with the 5 sec penalty if he gets clear with a few laps remaining. After the touch at the chicane Max reeled him back in very easily.
Yep, and kudos to Max for keeping his cool--it wasn't that long ago he prolly would've wrecked both of them trying to do the improbable which I'm sure Vettel was praying for
Old 05-27-2019, 06:52 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,237 Likes on 1,576 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Solk
The interesting thing is what the FIA actually "chooses" to broadcast... If you have f1tv and listen to each team it's amazing what you actually hear...
Watching the broadcast you get the impression all the other drivers are silent and Lewis is the only one on the radio complaining. Listening to each team's radio you can actually hear what's going on.
Poor LeClerc sounded like he was having a meltdown, Haas always makes for very entertaining listening, two kids I really enjoy listening to are Norris and George Russell. Oh and Kimi is really impressed with Lance LOL...
I was watching quali while standing online in Disney. I like F1TV but usually only use it when I am not home. It is interesting to follow and listen to a single driver. As you stated, you realize that there is a lot more going on than just the few messages they broadcast. They don't broadcast alot of the #$% &^%%& #$% stuff!

Originally Posted by Coochas
They could save a whole lot of money by just using the qualifying results as the race results for Monaco.
Honestly, not far off from the reality.
Old 05-27-2019, 07:48 PM
JTT
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by 951and944S
BTW, what is the consensus on the "unsafe" release....?

WTF are you supposed to do when your crew beats the other team (Vers was ahead in pitlane)....?
...and it's as crowded with bodies as a boy band concert.
Old 05-27-2019, 07:54 PM
JTT
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by 951and944S
If I'm not wrong, Ham's stint on meds was within or at the lap count expected by Pirelli...?
As I remember, Pirelli gave them 50 laps....Hammy was WELL over that window. You could see his fronts were shagged 15 laps before the end.

Leclerc had every right to be frantic. The way he was treated wasn't right...but it was Ferrari.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lewis thanks team for medium tires...