Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Performance & Competition Discussion Areas > Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Reload this Page >

Presented by Mercedes the Mercedes Formula Mercedes Tour Brought to you by Mercedes

Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Presented by Mercedes the Mercedes Formula Mercedes Tour Brought to you by Mercedes

Old 05-13-2019, 12:14 AM
stujelly
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

he who with the most billions wins!!!!
Old 05-13-2019, 12:46 AM
ABusLux
User

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stujelly View Post
he who with the most billions wins!!!!
Not really; Ferrari has the largest budget and they havenĺt won any championship in the last 12 years.
Old 05-13-2019, 12:50 AM
Hacker-Pschorr
Super Moderator - Cracklin' Rosie
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa View Post
This wished they sounded like a UPS truck! I can hear mine coming down the block.
+1
The sound of the UPS truck means car parts, which is a good thing
Old 05-13-2019, 11:47 PM
StoogeMoe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You want to see Mercedes lose? Tune in for the next race. Red Bull wins! I guarantee it.

- Joe Namath
Old 05-14-2019, 01:47 AM
seanseidman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by StoogeMoe View Post
You want to see Mercedes lose? Tune in for the next race. Red Bull wins! I guarantee it.

- Joe Namath
Why are you so sure?
Old 05-14-2019, 03:09 AM
enduro911
User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...es--verstappen

Max doesn't think so. If you have:
1) chassis
2) engine
3) engineering/setup
4) pitwork/strategy
5) drivers

MB have been top 2 in each of these categories during this era of dominance. This year, they're #1 in arguably all categories with the potential exception of #4 as RB is still really good at changing tires. Going back to what I was saying, this will not change until RB has the same engine and Max decides he's okay letting other people drive on his track without screaming like a little p****. The engine situation will not be solved because MB and Ferrari are smart enough to deny RB their engines to keep them down and because no one wants to do business with that **** Christian Horner. Karma's a bitch.

Last edited by enduro911; 05-14-2019 at 03:13 AM. Reason: kant spel
Old 05-14-2019, 10:56 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by enduro911 View Post
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...es--verstappen

Max doesn't think so. If you have:
1) chassis
2) engine
3) engineering/setup
4) pitwork/strategy
5) drivers

MB have been top 2 in each of these categories during this era of dominance. This year, they're #1 in arguably all categories with the potential exception of #4 as RB is still really good at changing tires. Going back to what I was saying, this will not change until RB has the same engine and Max decides he's okay letting other people drive on his track without screaming like a little p****. The engine situation will not be solved because MB and Ferrari are smart enough to deny RB their engines to keep them down and because no one wants to do business with that **** Christian Horner. Karma's a bitch.
I actually think that Max has matured a lot and is one of the top drivers in the field now. Ever since Ricciardo announced he was leaving for Renault, Max seems more calm especially since Gasly is not able to put pressure on him like Ricciardo did. If you look at his race pace, he's been able to beat the Ferrari's on 2 of the 5 races and would have had a 3rd if not for the safety car that secured Lecerc's podium spot.

Monaco and Hungary will be the only races where Mercedes "MAY" be vulnerable, but don't count on it. Even though they have the longest wheelbase of all the cars, if you look at the way their car handled the tightest sector in Spain (sector 3), they were the fastest. It's amazing how they get their long car to behalf more like a Miata when they need it to do so. Should the Mercs come out on top in Monaco, the discussion will inevitably shift to "can Mercedes win every race this year".... all that being said, for me, I'm not going to watch or DVR it as it won't matter much.
Old 05-14-2019, 01:40 PM
StoogeMoe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by seanseidman View Post
Why are you so sure?
Let's see. Red Bull won Monaco last year, even with the unreliable Renault engine. It has always been observed as the most aerodynamic efficient car thanks to design wizard Adrian Newey. Max has stepped up his game and has become a mature driver. We're starting to see that championship caliber that has been predicted of him. Red Bull beat both Ferrari's at Barcelona, and Max is hungry for a win. If it rains, it's almost a slam dunk. This may be Honda's only chance to get a win this year, and they will be pulling the stops for that to happen. Stay tuned!
Old 05-14-2019, 04:52 PM
LuigiVampa
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by multi21 View Post
I actually think that Max has matured a lot and is one of the top drivers in the field now. Ever since Ricciardo announced he was leaving for Renault, Max seems more calm especially since Gasly is not able to put pressure on him like Ricciardo did. If you look at his race pace, he's been able to beat the Ferrari's on 2 of the 5 races and would have had a 3rd if not for the safety car that secured Lecerc's podium spot.

Monaco and Hungary will be the only races where Mercedes "MAY" be vulnerable, but don't count on it. Even though they have the longest wheelbase of all the cars, if you look at the way their car handled the tightest sector in Spain (sector 3), they were the fastest. It's amazing how they get their long car to behalf more like a Miata when they need it to do so. Should the Mercs come out on top in Monaco, the discussion will inevitably shift to "can Mercedes win every race this year".... all that being said, for me, I'm not going to watch or DVR it as it won't matter much.
I agree about Max - he has matured but not all the way there. Lewis used to fall apart if everything wasn't going his way and what has made him a better driver is that maturity. I think Max still goes to pieces unless everything is going his way. "Wrecker or checker!"

Danny Ric would have been better off staying with RB. He seemed to have the measure of Max last year and should have played some mind games. Hoping for better result for him and Hulk. I want to see Hulk on the podium this year!

Originally Posted by StoogeMoe View Post
Let's see. Red Bull won Monaco last year, even with the unreliable Renault engine. It has always been observed as the most aerodynamic efficient car thanks to design wizard Adrian Newey. Max has stepped up his game and has become a mature driver. We're starting to see that championship caliber that has been predicted of him. Red Bull beat both Ferrari's at Barcelona, and Max is hungry for a win. If it rains, it's almost a slam dunk. This may be Honda's only chance to get a win this year, and they will be pulling the stops for that to happen. Stay tuned!
+1

If Merc stumbles I think Max will be right there to challenge for the win.

Despite pre-season testing, and all the hype, Ferrari appears to be weaker this year. It's not just the lack of wins - it is how they are losing as it's not even close.
Old 05-14-2019, 06:29 PM
seanseidman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa View Post
I
Despite pre-season testing, and all the hype, Ferrari appears to be weaker this year. It's not just the lack of wins - it is how they are losing as it's not even close.
+1
Ferrari management look like amateurs. Embarrassing for the brand.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:02 PM
DTMiller
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I know I beat this drum a lot, but the F2 race is consistently more interesting to watch.
Old 05-14-2019, 10:22 PM
951and944S
Super User

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

The sad thing is, well, two fronts.

Ferrari are starting to mumble about foundational faults with the root of their design, which means either, call it a season and update/learn what you can or rush develop an entirely new car.

Secondly, Red Bull are the top of the heap at developing what they have as the season progresses but by the time they get on par or close enough to challenge Mercedes, the season will already be wrapped up.

Still, I watch for the spectacle and I'm a big Verstappen fan so,

T
Old 05-15-2019, 03:03 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DTMiller View Post
IndyCar
is consistently more interesting to watch.
FIFY
Old 05-15-2019, 10:16 AM
DTMiller
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe View Post
FIFY
Well, Global MX5 Cup actually is the most fun to watch most of the time based on pure racing, you wouldn't know because you are busy those days :-)

Indy car is great. Of the Formula X races (F1, F2...) F2 is the most interesting racing.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:27 AM
LuigiVampa
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe View Post
FIFY
I only like Indy on road course. Ovals remind me too much of NASCAR.

That being said, I agree because on any given day there are at least a half dozen drivers who could win.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: