Sponsored by:

Race Optimal Simulation $99

Old 04-30-2019, 01:03 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 506 Likes on 337 Posts
Default Race Optimal Simulation $99

https://www.raceoptimal.com/blog/a-s...ffairs/#more-6

Discovered this web site....you plug in the specs of your car, down to the last detail, the specific track you are interested in, pay $99, and the simulation program will show you the racing line and the maximum potential for your car....take a look, is it too good to be true? It doesn't cost to look...and they have a duper hot lap of Willow Springs I want to look at.
Old 04-30-2019, 01:13 PM
DTMiller
Rennlist Member

Received 268 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by raceoptimal website
I acknowledge that the optimization and simulation are two dimensional and do not include 3D effects such as elevation change, banking, bumps or surface conditions.
This quote from their website makes me question the worthiness of spending money on it.
Old 04-30-2019, 01:24 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Default Hmmmm.

Originally Posted by DTMiller
This quote from their website makes me question the worthiness of spending money on it.
Thanks for your speedy response. You may be right, but if nothing else, there is some good information in the so called Racing Line. The comments section on the page are pretty well thought out, words from Jack Olsen are always appreciated, a guy that turns incredible times at Willow Springs on DOT 100 tires with a 1972 car, sub- 1:30s, more like his personal best of 1:27....his car is street legal, is my understanding. He does a great You Tube, pretty much the standard, on the Time Trial line at Willow Springs Raceway. It does have a basically stock 3.6 motor, and the car probably weighs no more than 2,300 Lbs or so. Regardless, a 1:27 is Cup Car time...pretty damn respectable.

I do like the concept of using an algorithm to estimate the best possible line.....elevation? In my experience, elevation only slows you down or speeds you up, it doesn't really change the racing line, has been my experience. I am just an amateur, don't claim to know that much. But I am always looking for new approaches using modern technology, such as AL and data logging.
Old 04-30-2019, 03:35 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,799 Likes on 1,654 Posts

That’s been around for a long time. I rarely call
out stuff in public forums, but this is one of those times.

The “algorithm” generating this information does not jibe (especially ideal lines differing for different cars, also ignoring some rather blatant topographical realities) with the experience of colleagues whom I respect, nor almost all the 10TB of accumulated data and video (up to and including that of Le Mans winners, IMSA champions, Rolex 24, Sebring 12 Hour winners and a World Driving Champion) that I’ve accumulated over the last three-plus decades.

If it was that simple, people who are paid would use it.

And they don’t...
Old 04-30-2019, 03:37 PM
SkeerRacing
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 32 Posts

What he said!
Old 04-30-2019, 03:39 PM
3Series
Three Wheelin'

Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts

Agreed. I'm far from a Pro and when I first saw the site, I could tell it was missing a lot of variables. The times were inaccurate for real life conditions. Maybe things have changed but I don't know.
Old 05-01-2019, 02:09 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Default Oh well...maybe a Webinar on RaceStudio 3?

Once again AL program too good to be true.....I guess there is no substitute for focus, commitment, dedication and tireless energy....sprinkle that with some talent and $$$, away we go.

I am on the look out for a "real time" seminar for Race Studio 3. Just as a side note, the Factory AiM seminars don't come out West until September, there was nothing earlier in the year. Yeah I know, there are the AiM You Tube channels, but that doesn't quite cut it for me. Suppose there was a webinar, where the attendees could fire off questions to the moderator as needed. I think that there may be a need for such a service. Were it available, I'd sign up and pay the tuition. Attendees would have to be limited due to the potential for lots of questions. There could be a pre-requisite that attendees watch X # of AiM You Tube videos, X # of times.

In my attempts to laern to be proficient with Race Studio 3, I use two (2) computers, one connected to the YouTube channel, and the other on my lap top with Race Studio 3 up and running. Damn it takes me a long time for me to get through a video, example, "I have downloaded my data, now what"" Sounds so simple...for the non-computer geek like me, it can be a challenge to learn Race Studio 3. I want to learn it to get the value out of my SOLO 2 DL, and want to be able to download and analyze data between session. I really never intended to buy a $700 lap time..for that money I want to look at data.

Today's challenge, for the first time, download my last weeks AiM data to my lap top, wish me luck
Old 05-01-2019, 02:28 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Default Speed Secrets Webinar

Will be watching, "Data for Drivers webinar" over the next few days.....maybe that will take some of the fuzz off. In addition, I have Dave Ferguson, Central Coast of CA AiM dealer, and successful SCCA racer, as a coaching resource. He is in the Paso Robles area, and area where I spend lots of time, 1/2 there and 1/2 elsewhere. I only wish I could have caught this webinar in real time....but it wasn't possible for one reason or another. I have another Coach in LA....I will learn Race Studio 3 and meaningful data interpretation, discovering new and better ways to drive.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Race Optimal Simulation $99