Bahrain Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2019, 10:12 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,873 Likes on 1,709 Posts
Default Bahrain Grand Prix

Didn't see one started so I thought I'd put one up.

Proper track, night race and perhaps an opportunity for the rest of the field to show if they can hang with Mercedes. We'll see...

As an aside, Alonso will be testing for McLaren after the GP for 1.5 days.... he still seems to be involved with the team -- I don't know if he thinks they have a chance to pull themselves up or if he's interested in a stake in McLaren International as has been rumored.

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/916124...return-bahrain
Old 03-29-2019, 12:24 PM
KevinGross
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 100 Posts

I'm going to give the Bahrain GP a pass. Very repressive state, few freedoms and many political prisoners, torture etc.
Old 03-29-2019, 02:14 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,242 Likes on 1,576 Posts

Bottas
Hammy
Vettel

This is not a track Hammy normally does well at. I think Max is going to get himself in trouble - he seems not to have matured any from last year even though his Ozzy drive was superb.

If Gasly does not do well I think he is going to find himself in trouble.

Hoping that Ferrari close the gap to Merc!

Most of all I want to see Hulkenberg on the podium this year!
Old 03-29-2019, 04:06 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 362 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
Bottas
Hammy
Vettel

This is not a track Hammy normally does well at. I think Max is going to get himself in trouble - he seems not to have matured any from last year even though his Ozzy drive was superb.

If Gasly does not do well I think he is going to find himself in trouble.

Hoping that Ferrari close the gap to Merc!

Most of all I want to see Hulkenberg on the podium this year!
P5 for both practice sessions for the Hulk! This year I think he'll be super-motivated to stay ahead of Ricciardo.

Ferrari 1-2 in both sessions; Shar in P1 and SV P2.

And Alonso back with McLaren testing tires after this GP? Must be bored

Gary
Old 03-30-2019, 02:58 PM
seanseidman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Happy to see Charles get his first pole!

First of many.
Old 03-30-2019, 07:22 PM
StoogeMoe
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by seanseidman
Happy to see Charles get his first pole!

First of many.
Yes. Happy too that Ferrari's are on front row. It was nice to see Toto's face in complete bewilderment. Hope this trend continues!
Old 03-30-2019, 08:01 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 385 Likes on 200 Posts

Very happy for LEC and Ferrari. I'd really like to see a closer season between MB and Ferrari. VET got a bit hosed today with his team putting him on track at a terrible time in Q2. I'm also wondering if he had diarrhea or something when he left the car between Q2 and Q3.
Old 03-30-2019, 08:39 PM
seanseidman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Coochas
Very happy for LEC and Ferrari. I'd really like to see a closer season between MB and Ferrari. VET got a bit hosed today with his team putting him on track at a terrible time in Q2. I'm also wondering if he had diarrhea or something when he left the car between Q2 and Q3.
The commentators alluded to that, all things considered Vettel put in a good lap under pressure.
Old 03-31-2019, 12:03 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,873 Likes on 1,709 Posts

I can’t stop to think back when Vettel has a new teammate called Daniel Ricciardo and was soundly beat. Lecer seems to be the real deal.

I think that Mercedes has turned down their engines. Whether they go to Party Mode for the race tomorrow is yet to be seen, but I just think they are playing possum.

Two McLarens in the top 10! Who would have thought!!
Old 03-31-2019, 12:52 AM
Leica356
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by multi21
I can’t stop to think back when Vettel has a new teammate called Daniel Ricciardo and was soundly beat. Lecer seems to be the real deal.

I think that Mercedes has turned down their engines. Whether they go to Party Mode for the race tomorrow is yet to be seen, but I just think they are playing possum.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Mercedes "party mode" was directly correlated with TV ratings.
Old 03-31-2019, 10:16 AM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,242 Likes on 1,576 Posts

Originally Posted by multi21

Good to see McLaren back on form. Can't help but contrast their upswing with Williams persistent lack of performance. What has happened to this once mighty team?! Let's not forget they have a Mercedes engine in the back of their car - they should be up there with the middle pack at the very least.

Hammy seemed to happy after qualifying so I agree they have something up their sleeve - most likely Party Mode.

Disappointed in the Hulk's quali - he is the driver I am rooting for this year.

Shar on poll! Wow - I didn't think he was going to live up to the hype but so far he is giving Vettel a run for his money. Let's see what happens in a race distance today.
Old 03-31-2019, 11:55 AM
DTMiller
Rennlist Member

Received 270 Likes on 159 Posts

F2 race was amazing. Available on replay from watch ESPN. If F1 had wheel to wheel like those guys do it would be the greatest spectacle on earth.
Old 03-31-2019, 01:23 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 385 Likes on 200 Posts

“How’s your front wing Kimi?”

”I don’t know. You tell me.”

How does this guy come up with these gems while driving around pulling 5G? Respect the Kimi.
Old 03-31-2019, 02:40 PM
CCA
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Coochas
“How’s your front wing Kimi?”

”I don’t know. You tell me.”

How does this guy come up with these gems while driving around pulling 5G? Respect the Kimi.
I wonder whether Kimi had a preceding message about some contact or the car understeering and then his race engineer asked him that? And since he obviously can't see the wing, his response is proper. However, the FiA grabbed that snippet, because a Kimi wit-ism, even if it really wasn't one, is good for ratings.
Old 03-31-2019, 02:46 PM
StoogeMoe
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 77 Posts

Argggghhhh! Devastation at the Ferrari camp. LeClerc had a less than stellar start, but recovered it nicely. Vettel continues to make critical mistakes. He may not be my boy anymore. Although it looked like an aero consequence of being behind Hamster. The car twitched right before he lost it. Maybe it took the downforce off his rear wing. Or it was a gust of wind at the wrong moment.

Poor Charles. That must be the saddest first podium anyone has ever had. Hope he's not going to be one of these guys that always gets the bad luck. He dominated that race. It was his. But the evil racing gods took it away from him.

Fantastic battles going on behind the leaders! I think the new aero really has helped. I don't hear anyone complaining that they can't follow the car in front of them. I can't remember the last time in F1 that I saw that many cars fighting so close. It was fantastic!

The Renaults were a surprise running so far up after their lackluster qualifying. And then both go out on the same lap? Almost the same corner? How weird is that.

I can't wait for China.

Quick Reply: Bahrain Grand Prix