Sponsored by:

GT2 RS+ Road Atlanta = 1:24.88

Old 04-08-2019, 09:12 AM
jakermc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach View Post
Bingo. The more experienced the racer, the more open their mind to whatever it takes to obtain the best performance....
And exactly why he drove in automatic mode!

My question is mostly about the technology and the programming. I think there is very little question that the technology exists and that Porsche is capable of programming these systems to create faster lap times no matter what the experience level of the driver, I just wonder if they did. Or in other words, where did they set the level of intervention?

I would assume that TC would be a benefit given the use of curbs at RA?
Old 04-09-2019, 01:01 AM
d15b7
User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Porsche has done such and amazing job programming the PDK to be fastest/best choice in Sport Plus Auto mode. i was blown away by how good it was and was definitely better than me choosing the gear with my fingers! conversely I drove a GTR on track a bunch of times (also a very fast track car but done totally differently) and that thing was in the wrong gear about 50% of the time if in auto mode; you HAD to shift it with the paddles unless you wanted it downshifting or upshifting at exactly the wrong instant half the time! it was crazy to me how wrong the auto mode in the GTR was compared to how right the Porsche was (kudos to Porsche!)

EDIT disclaimer: none of the 5 vehicles I own has an automatic trans, other than my Titan XD tow vehicle (Lotus Super Seven, Honda Civic EG Time Attack car, 90 C4 ZR-1, and 2018 Civic Type R)
Old 04-10-2019, 09:05 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist Member
Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

It was fun yesterday at VIR where I was able
to make a presentation on the data and video from both cars at that test. Randy was there and the overriding observation was how good the modern cars were from Porsche. Pretty cool.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: