Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Racing & Drivers Education Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum-65/)
-   -   Need help with Aim MXP Pre-Calculated Gears for a GT4 CS (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum/1133807-need-help-with-aim-mxp-pre-calculated-gears-for-a-gt4-cs.html)

GT345 03-15-2019 11:35 AM

Need help with Aim MXP Pre-Calculated Gears for a GT4 CS

So i recently purchased a MXP from Aim for my 2016 GT4 Clubsport but having issues getting the gears to show correctly.

When I use the "Gear" channel it shows one gear higher than it is, I.E. when in 1st, it shows 2nd so on.

I called AIM about this and they said the best work around is to use the Calculated Gears but I am not sure what the values are since I can not find the gear ratios for the Clubsport online, only can find the GT4 gear ratios but I believe the Clubsport being a PDK does not have the same ratios but not sure.

Also need a couple other values I am not sure about wheel circumference and axle ratio... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...d2c518be9e.png
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...5be99a8336.jpg

ProCoach 03-15-2019 12:04 PM

Your AiM dealer should be able to help you with this after you enter the intermediate ratios.

The ratios I have are: 3.909 2.292 1.654 1.303 1.081 0.881 with 3.25 final drive

The tire companies (depends on the tire you use) have the wheel circumference (this is for the rear wheel). Pirelli 680, IIRC

The default timeout works fine and the ECU RPM channel name should be used. The speed should be set to GPS speed.

GT345 03-15-2019 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by ProCoach (Post 15705606)
Your AiM dealer should be able to help you with this after you enter the intermediate ratios.

The ratios I have are: 3.909 2.292 1.654 1.303 1.081 0.881 with 3.25 final drive

The tire companies (depends on the tire you use) have the wheel circumference (this is for the rear wheel). Pirelli 680, IIRC

The default timeout works fine and the ECU RPM channel name should be used. The speed should be set to GPS speed.

For tires, is it the rolling circumference? I believe mine are 2112 mm which converts to 83.14 in

I use the Michelin slicks.

GT345 03-15-2019 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by ProCoach (Post 15705606)

My AIM dealer told me i shouldn't worry about the gears being correct lol

A bit annoying looking at my videos now showing the wrong gears.

Do you know what I put for Axle Ratio, is that the final drive ratio 3.25?

ProCoach 03-15-2019 12:59 PM

Axle ratio is same as final drive.

GT345 03-15-2019 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by ProCoach (Post 15705754)
Axle ratio is same as final drive.

Thank you very much for your help!

I added the values, and saved it so next time I go out I will upload and give it a test.

Found out from a friend the wheel circumference was 26.81 so we will see if this works!

Thanks again!

Matt Romanowski 03-15-2019 01:56 PM

I've always had great success using the built in gear calculating. If it's a car that gets gearing changes, I leave gear off the dash and video and just do the math channel in analysis.

GT345 03-15-2019 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski (Post 15705909)
I've always had great success using the built in gear calculating. If it's a car that gets gearing changes, I leave gear off the dash and video and just do the math channel in analysis.

Yea that was what my Aim dealer was suggesting but I like between sessions to just pop in my sd card on the laptop and look at the video and knowing the correct gear I am in is helpful for me.

Matt Romanowski 03-15-2019 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by GT345 (Post 15705925)
Yea that was what my Aim dealer was suggesting but I like between sessions to just pop in my sd card on the laptop and look at the video and knowing the correct gear I am in is helpful for me.

Yup. What I do different is instead of the precalc gear, I use the calculated gear that does it off speed and RPM. Same result though. Good luck!

Thundermoose 03-15-2019 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
Yup. What I do different is instead of the precalc gear, I use the calculated gear that does it off speed and RPM. Same result though. Good luck!

That's what I have on the SoloDL. Calculated gears show up on my smartycam files.

GT345 03-15-2019 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Thundermoose (Post 15706104)
That's what I have on the SoloDL. Calculated gears show up on my smartycam files.

Yep had calculated for my previous car with my Solo DL 1/2 and it worked fine.

I did the calculated gears on the MXP for the new car, and at one time it was working, but then when I changed my display it stopped.

Tried to do the reset multiple times but it wasn't taking it thus why I am on the pre-calculated route now.

Thundermoose 03-15-2019 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by GT345
Yep had calculated for my previous car with my Solo DL 1/2 and it worked fine.

I did the calculated gears on the MXP for the new car, and at one time it was working, but then when I changed my display it stopped.

Tried to do the reset multiple times but it wasn't taking it thus why I am on the pre-calculated route now.

I figured there were probably differences between the two.

amso3 03-15-2019 08:19 PM

I prefer the pre-calculated set up, most users don't change gear sets. It has been frustrating for me to get "calculated gear" to work on occasion. As far as the correct displayed gear number goes, I'd just play with wheel circumference until the gear number is correct, assuming the gears and final drive are correct in your table (Peter's ratios look correct to me).

ProCoach 03-15-2019 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by amso3 (Post 15706820)
I prefer the pre-calculated set up, most users don't change gear sets. It has been frustrating for me to get "calculated gear" to work on occasion. As far as the correct displayed gear number goes, I'd just play with wheel circumference until the gear number is correct, assuming the gears and final drive are correct in your table (Peter's ratios look correct to me).

My experience is the same as yours, Jerry. Pre-calc is the way to go. So glad they finally included that feature that even Traqmate had.

GT345 03-15-2019 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by amso3 (Post 15706820)

Off hand do you know if it is the rolling circumference 83.12, or the diameter of the wheel 26.81?