Sponsored by:

HPDE insurance

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 10:09 AM
tgibrit
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve113
Jlanka- If you were not happy with what you were told I wish you had asked to speak with me .
Thanks
I am sorry but that is not a good answer, your employees state a policy set by you "If you make 1 claim we cancel you for the rest of the year and won't insure you again for 3 years" - but you will give better service to those who complain? I would suggest you better coach your employees who take the front line calls.
Old 04-04-2019, 11:20 AM
Thundermoose
Burning Brakes

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by tgibrit
I am sorry but that is not a good answer, your employees state a policy set by you "If you make 1 claim we cancel you for the rest of the year and won't insure you again for 3 years" - but you will give better service to those who complain? I would suggest you better coach your employees who take the front line calls.
I can think of 100 of ways that could be said and interpreted. Obviously JLAnka took exception. However, If I assume good intent it could have been "sir, thanks for your claim. I just want you to know that it is just slightly more than your deductible. You may want to pay out of your pocket. Our policy following a claim is to cancel the policy for a period of 3 years. I know that seems harsh but it's standard protocol that helps us keep your premiums down when you insure through us. With that said, would you still like do go through with the claim process?"

If that was the case (but maybe it wasn't), I'd prefer that upfront conversation versus the cancellation notice two weeks after I get my claim check.
Old 04-04-2019, 11:40 AM
tgibrit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Thundermoose
I can think of 100 of ways that could be said and interpreted. Obviously JLAnka took exception. However, If I assume good intent it could have been "sir, thanks for your claim. I just want you to know that it is just slightly more than your deductible. You may want to pay out of your pocket. Our policy following a claim is to cancel the policy for a period of 3 years. I know that seems harsh but it's standard protocol that helps us keep your premiums down when you insure through us. With that said, would you still like do go through with the claim process?"

If that was the case (but maybe it wasn't), I'd prefer that upfront conversation versus the cancellation notice two weeks after I get my claim check.
the point I was making it the default position of ontrack is cancellation in the event of the claim unless you escalate and talk to the owner and not how the message is delivered.
Old 04-04-2019, 12:34 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,780 Likes on 2,189 Posts

Regarding cancelling a policy after a claim, the questions the insurance company needs to consider are (a) what does the claim tell us about the risk level of this driver? and (b) given the claim, what is the anticipated risk level of this driver going forward? If I was the insurance company, I wouldn't insure a driver who I believed to be higher risk, and as a customer, I don't want my insurance company insuring such drivers either, since that raises my premium. If it's known up front that the policy will be cancelled for X years in the event of a claim, I suppose that can be an effective deterrent and reduce the crash rate.
Old 04-04-2019, 12:38 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
Regarding cancelling a policy after a claim, the questions the insurance company needs to consider are (a) what does the claim tell us about the risk level of this driver? and (b) given the claim, what is the anticipated risk level of this driver going forward? If I was the insurance company, I wouldn't insure a driver who I believed to be higher risk, and as a customer, I don't want my insurance company insuring such drivers either, since that raises my premium. If it's known up front that the policy will be cancelled for X years in the event of a claim, I suppose that can be an effective deterrent and reduce the crash rate.
Key words here being "UP FRONT"!!
Old 04-04-2019, 12:53 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dgrobs
Key words here being "UP FRONT"!!
Yes, I agree that it definitely needs to be up front.
Old 04-04-2019, 02:11 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Manifold
Yes, I agree that it definitely needs to be up front.
And that's why the claimant was wronged. (Amongst a couple other things, to me anyway).

Don't sell me a gallon of milk and then tell me that it's expiration date was last week. I guess it's buyer beware when it comes to track insurance, or at least some track insurance anyways.
Old 04-04-2019, 03:05 PM
Steve113
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 143 Posts

dgrobs - I am trying to understand your true intentions? But I guess you have made this your personal issue

I have never heard a client was dissatisfied with our service ever. And still have not heard of any .If you friend was not satisfied I would welcome any opportunity to discuss it with him on how we could improve. Claim payment was never an issue . Its no different then your broker on your street car policy telling you the pluses and minuses about putting in a claim on the auto policy that is close to a deductible. I feel if a broker doesn't cover that then he is actually doing a disservice to the client.

We have the best policy hands down in my opinion. Probably why we have so many other insurance brokers that recommend us to there clients .
Admitted Insurance Company, Real Agreed Value , No surcharges for upgrades, No track surcharges, 10,000 pollution clean up, towing and rental coverage , Insure any HPDE format event, best event pricing and Our Service is second to non . Clients basically have almost 24 hour service. We have written policies on a Saturday or Sunday morning before the start of the event for clients because it slipped there mind during the week.

Please feel free to ask some of our clients for references on our program our better yet you are a new Jersey guy . So you are local . Please feel free to ask around in the Porsche race world about me and my reputation. (Steven Katz)

I work for my clients not the insurance company's always have always will . I have been an insurance broker for 35 years and very successful racer for just as long .This isn't something I just dabble in with no knowledge. . I have said it before the policy is not set in stone and every situation is looked at with an open mind of how can we write the insurance. In this business you have to think out side the box. I am sure you can understand that .

I am very happy to talk to you directly and would truly look forward to it any time if you care to discus this further .845 638 0505 ext 120
Old 04-04-2019, 03:18 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

I'm good. We can just agree to disagree and leave it there.

No, this is not a personal issue. No, I have not made this my personal cause.

I'll just agree to disagree with how your company writes it's track insurance and handles its claims.

After seeing what happened to JL, I checked with my track insurance agent, as well as 3 of the other major folks who all advertise here on RL. I was not told that any of their clients were treated the way JL was when they went to file their first claim.

If it was an oversight on the part of one of your employees, if you have employees, then so be it.

Yes, I am local to you. We live about 8 minutes away from each other. Your name sounds so familiar that we may know each other, and not from the track. I am not good enough to race.

Regardless, we can just agree to disagree. I too have my own business. Every business owner handles their customers differently I suppose.

I have not made this my personal cause. Just wasn't happy when JL told me how his claim was handled. He is a close friend from many moons ago. He has clearly moved on from your company, and so will I.

Nothing personal. Good luck to you, both in business and on the track. Shiny side up....
Old 04-04-2019, 03:45 PM
3Series
Three Wheelin'

Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts

If you make 1 claim we cancel you for the rest of the year and won't insure you again for 3 years
Steve, can you confirm if this is true or not true? Or does it vary my incident?
Old 04-04-2019, 03:50 PM
Steve113
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 143 Posts

All depends on the incident . There are lots of criteria we look at .
Old 04-04-2019, 04:19 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Makes sense to me. If a driver has a long driving record with no crashes, and crashed because someone else dumped fluids, I'd continue to cover them. OTOH, if a driver crashed because they did something risky and there's reason to believe they're likely to be risky going forward, I'd no longer cover them.
Old 04-04-2019, 04:40 PM
solarblack
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just wanted to chime in and say i have used On Track a number of times and they have always treated me respectfully. I will definitely continue to use them for both of my track cars.
Old 04-04-2019, 05:37 PM
tgibrit
Rennlist Member

Sounds very reasonable but why was that not the message given to your client, rather that a threat to cancel if you claim?
Old 04-04-2019, 10:31 PM
Thundermoose
Burning Brakes

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

Sounds very reasonable but why was that not the message given to your client, rather that a threat to cancel if you claim?
My point is that we weren't there and don't know if it was delivered as a threat or if it was information provided to help the claimant decide whether to pay out of pocket or not. I was just offering the possibility that a message was conveyed with one intent and received with another.

Last edited by Thundermoose; 04-04-2019 at 11:24 PM.

Quick Reply: HPDE insurance