Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 757 Likes on 497 Posts
Default Stand21 FHR Available in the US

I just got this email from Stand21 https://mailchi.mp/ac61426429e7/brea...7?e=502ba7ce6e

Their FHR restraints are available in the US now. What I found interesting was that their developement was seperate from HANS since 2007. Also, their base model, weighing only 1.41lbs is only $379! I don't need another, but for that price I'm tempted to buy one to test out. If anyone needs one, that's a deal that would be tough to beat.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:52 PM
the_vetman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Are the anchors same as regular HANS?
Old 02-12-2019, 09:12 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by the_vetman
I don't know, but I would guess they are. I'm sure a call or email to Stand21 would reveal the answer pretty quick.
Old 02-12-2019, 09:33 PM
Tim Webb
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a 30 degrees HANS for my formula car. Unfortunately it is kind of a pain when I race a sports car. May buy a 20 degrees FHR for the sports car.

Thanks for the heads up
Old 02-12-2019, 09:34 PM
Difool
Rennlist Member

Received 120 Likes on 75 Posts

From the pictures the anchors sure look like standard HANS. They don't say any place. I found all the links a bit confusing and am not sure I tried all them but when I got to an actual store, all it sold were HANS. Anyone have a link to where we can get the Stand21 version? With the new PCA rules I'll need my older helmet, and a second H&N restraint if I want to take students out in my car.
Old 02-12-2019, 09:41 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Difool
From the pictures the anchors sure look like standard HANS. They don't say any place. I found all the links a bit confusing and am not sure I tried all them but when I got to an actual store, all it sold were HANS. Anyone have a link to where we can get the Stand21 version? With the new PCA rules I'll need my older helmet, and a second H&N restraint if I want to take students out in my car.
I noticed the same thing. I wonder if they don't have the website updated to match the email? I'd call them and see what they say. Hopefully I don't end up with egg on my face!
Old 02-14-2019, 10:49 AM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 95 Posts

I have two of the Stand21 Ultimate HANS devices. These are the devices many of the pro drivers in WEC, DTM, VLN and other European series wear. They are amazingly lightweight - you do not know you have it on! Is it expensive - yes! Is it worth every penny? YES!!!

Stand21 has owned the right to manufacture HANS devices for many years. They are manufactured at their headquarters/factory in Talant, France which is just on the outskirts of the city of Dijon as you head towards Circuit Prenois (site of the French Grand Prix for a number of years). Yves Morizot is Stand21's founder and CEO, and his focus on safety is legendary. All I can say is I find Stand21 to be THE BEST in terms of safety equipment for the driver. Up until this announcement, Stand21 could not sell their devices in the US. I bought mine direct from Yves Morizot (I spoke to him prior to RR V and he literally brought mine over for me to pickup from their trailer at Laguna). It's good to see that they are now selling in the US.

My FIA8860/SA2015 helmet is from Stand21, custom-painted and I persuaded Yves to sign it for me during manufacture (I actually have a picture of Yves signing the helmet prior to the clear coat applications). Truly a one-of-a-kind helmet!

IMHO, you CANNOT go wrong buying your safety equipment from Stand21. They are more expensive than some, but worth EVERY PENNY! No affiliation with Stand21, other than being a long-time, very satisfied customer!

Toby

Last edited by Toby Pennycuff; 02-14-2019 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Adding phto of M. Morizot

Trending Topics

Old 02-14-2019, 10:51 AM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by the_vetman
Yes.
Old 02-14-2019, 11:36 AM
Difool
Rennlist Member

So does anyone know of a reseller in the US? Their site just says to use their resellers ��
Old 02-14-2019, 11:37 AM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Difool
So does anyone know of a reseller in the US? Their site just says to use their resellers ��

Stand21 USA. I believe they are in Huntington Beach CA
Old 02-14-2019, 11:37 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,793 Likes on 1,651 Posts

Originally Posted by Toby Pennycuff
I have two of the Stand21 Ultimate HANS devices. These are the devices many of the pro drivers in WEC, DTM, VLN and other European series wear. They are amazingly lightweight - you do not know you have it on! Is it expensive - yes! Is it worth every penny? YES!!!

Stand21 has owned the right to manufacture HANS devices for many years. They are manufactured at their headquarters/factory in Talant, France which is just on the outskirts of the city of Dijon as you head towards Circuit Prenois (site of the French Grand Prix for a number of years). Yves Morizot is Stand21's founder and CEO, and his focus on safety is legendary. All I can say is I find Stand21 to be THE BEST in terms of safety equipment for the driver. Up until this announcement, Stand21 could not sell their devices in the US. I bought mine direct from Yves Morizot (I spoke to him prior to RR V and he literally brought mine over for me to pickup from their trailer at Laguna). It's good to see that they are now selling in the US.

My FIA8860/SA2015 helmet is from Stand21, custom-painted and I persuaded Yves to sign it for me during manufacture (I actually have a picture of Yves signing the helmet prior to the clear coat applications). Truly a one-of-a-kind helmet!

IMHO, you CANNOT go wrong buying your safety equipment from Stand21. They are more expensive than some, but worth EVERY PENNY! No affiliation with Stand21, other than being a long-time, very satisfied customer!

Toby
Agreed.

Dijon is a spectacular circuit, especially the last long downhill right onto the pit straight!
Old 02-14-2019, 11:45 AM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ProCoach

Agreed.

Dijon is a spectacular circuit, especially the last long downhill right onto the pit straight!
Peter, I got to ride/drive the circuit with the Czhranowski team back in 2005. They were running a Pirelli Masters series all over Europe. Was able to drive a 993 Cup on-track, and get a ride with Gunther driving in their 2003 GT3RS. The double-apex left hander leading to the long downhill is a BLAST when you finally figure it out. Storming up the hill to the finish line is loads of fun. The track has recently undergone a significant upgrade of facilities and racing surface. Would love to go back to Dijon one day to visit Stand21 again and spend a few days at Circuit Prenois.
Old 02-14-2019, 11:55 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I wouldn't leave out some time in the city. I've done a great biking cave (wine) tour near by and had some real fun in Dijon. I wasn't able to visit Stand21 that trip, but would love to go back. Yves is a great guy and conversations with him solidified to me just how safety focused he is in all aspects of his products.
Old 02-14-2019, 12:08 PM
Olemiss540
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 184 Posts

I have one ordered from the UK, and it was an extreme value for the dollar. Love that I was able to source it for around $300 bucks and although a little tight on the neck when sliding it on, works great and seems light weight!
Old 02-14-2019, 03:44 PM
Difool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Circuit Motorsports
Stand21 USA. I believe they are in Huntington Beach CA
Cool, I finally found the link to the actual product (go me). For others that missed the exact right link, here it is!

https://www.shopstand21.com/product-...lub-3-series-1

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stand21 FHR Available in the US