Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Racing & Drivers Education Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum-65/)
-   -   Spa Technique FireSense won't battery test (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum/1128605-spa-technique-firesense-wont-battery-test.html)

txhokie4life 02-10-2019 06:38 PM

Spa Technique FireSense won't battery test

Went to test my Spa Technique FireSense Electronic suppression system via the battery test. No light.

I had replaced my battery about 6 months ago, figured maybe I had left it on and it drained the battery.

Checked the battery it said 9.3V -- but I replaced it with another battery, 9.6v. Still no battery test (or system test)

I unscrewed the cable and tried again -- still no light. Without doing a complete dumpster dive, I checked the wiring and it all seems to be going to the right place and not obviously shorted or open.

Anyone have one of these modules fail? Is there another way (short of firing the bottle) to check?

anyone have the pin-out of the connector? I can try to ohm out the connection or remove the bottle connector and see if I can see it trigger?

thanks,

Mike

Frank 993 C4S 02-10-2019 08:15 PM

Yes they do fail but you can send them in to get repaired.

txhokie4life 02-13-2019 01:41 PM

RESOLVED -- User Error -- well more appropriate -- User ignorance.

From S.P.A. Technique,

To test the battery, you need to hold the switch up for 3-5 seconds, before the light will start flashing. It is not an instantaneous reaction. IF you hold it up for 3-5 seconds(w/ a new battery installed), and still get no light, then most likely the LED is burnt out.

And to check the wiring of the system, keep the switch in the INACTIVE position and push your button. You should see the system check light illuminate red. If it does NOT illuminate, make sure you do not switch the box into the active position, as this will activate the system.

The box will perform the battery check without being connected to anything, but the system check must have both leads (power pack & bottle) connected, in order to perform correctly.

You can also test the system check with the switch NOT in System Active mode.

I'm not responsible for accidentally triggered systems :-)

Mike

Fumes 02-13-2019 03:08 PM

ty - i had same issue - this is super helpful

Originally Posted by txhokie4life (Post 15636363)
RESOLVED -- User Error -- well more appropriate -- User ignorance.

From S.P.A. Technique,

To test the battery, you need to hold the switch up for 3-5 seconds, before the light will start flashing. It is not an instantaneous reaction. IF you hold it up for 3-5 seconds(w/ a new battery installed), and still get no light, then most likely the LED is burnt out.

And to check the wiring of the system, keep the switch in the INACTIVE position and push your button. You should see the system check light illuminate red. If it does NOT illuminate, make sure you do not switch the box into the active position, as this will activate the system.

The box will perform the battery check without being connected to anything, but the system check must have both leads (power pack & bottle) connected, in order to perform correctly.

You can also test the system check with the switch NOT in System Active mode.

I'm not responsible for accidentally triggered systems :-)

Mike