Sponsored by:

Anyone here frequent LRP?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 10:27 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,241 Likes on 1,576 Posts

I'm an instructor with CVR so please feel free to message me. We would be happy to have you and I would be happy to answer any questions you might have.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:10 AM
NYoutftr
Rennlist Member

Received 422 Likes on 245 Posts

If you are interested in going to LRP for the first time, I just found a video on CVR PCA website.
It shows driving into the track, views of facilities and a few laps around track. Pretty good informational video.
I will be going this year (first time @ LRP) with, NNJR, METRO or CVR.
Not sure which one, April is kindy risky for weather.

I have run with Metro before, and I hear all of the three groups have good instructors that are familiar with track.
I am looking forrward to it
- David
Old 02-05-2019, 12:32 AM
CT_Peter
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by NYoutftr
If you are interested in going to LRP for the first time, I just found a video on CVR PCA website.
It shows driving into the track, views of facilities and a few laps around track. Pretty good informational video.

I have run with Metro before, and I hear all of the three groups have good instructors that are familiar with track.
- David
I hear you in the April weather, but FWIW, the most educational and fun time I ever had at LRP was when it was raining. Everything was slower of course, but I had a much better sense for where the traction was in the car. To be fair, April could be rainy and cold which wouldn’t be too much fun.
Old 02-05-2019, 09:18 AM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,241 Likes on 1,576 Posts

Originally Posted by NYoutftr

- David
Ha! I made that video years ago. You can tell by the production quality that I am not the next Spielberg but I am glad you found it informational.

Going to the track the first time can be intimidating and no one wants to look like a noob. The bottom line is that at some point all of us were noobs at the track so there is no reason you can't ask for help and ask stupid questions.

For those feeling intimidated just remember most people love being at the track and, like me, love seeing someone take it to the next step. When I started going to the track my goal always was to race. Last year I finally had a student who said "I am here to eventually learn how to race". Man that was an awesome day to finally meet "myself" at the beginning of the journey and maybe be the guy who helps push him to the next level.

The PCA LRP race is in April every year and I have video of racing while snow is coming down! That being said, the cars love cold weather and make extra horsepower so don't be afraid of the cooler weather. Just take your time get temps in the tires and it is a great way to start the track season.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:25 PM
NYoutftr
Rennlist Member

lol, you made the video?
Thank you, my guess that it had helped a lot of people.
My track days this far, I am in yellow run group more than half have been in wet weather.
Last Zone 1 at WGI, was really nasty on Sunday.
I will tell you, I learned an incredible amount from my instructors about car control in wet weather.
I just would enjoy a higher probability of nice weather by waiting till May or June
Can't wait
Old 02-05-2019, 02:00 PM
The Brewmeister
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

As LuigiVampa stated there is a PCA Club Race at LRP in late April. This event is well worth attending as a spectator as the quality of the cars and the competition is top notch. Don't forget your camera!
Old 02-05-2019, 02:50 PM
NYoutftr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
Ha! I made that video years ago. You can tell by the production quality that I am not the next Spielberg but I am glad you found it informational.

Going to the track the first time can be intimidating and no one wants to look like a noob. The bottom line is that at some point all of us were noobs at the track so there is no reason you can't ask for help and ask stupid questions.

For those feeling intimidated just remember most people love being at the track and, like me, love seeing someone take it to the next step. When I started going to the track my goal always was to race. Last year I finally had a student who said "I am here to eventually learn how to race". Man that was an awesome day to finally meet "myself" at the beginning of the journey and maybe be the guy who helps push him to the next level.

The PCA LRP race is in April every year and I have video of racing while snow is coming down! That being said, the cars love cold weather and make extra horsepower so don't be afraid of the cooler weather. Just take your time get temps in the tires and it is a great way to start the track season.
I think that maybe true for anyone visiting a track for the first time.
It would be normal to be a little apprehensive about where is the entrance, parking, the direction of paddock traffic, etc.
Your video was good that you included that part.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:36 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by CT_Peter

I may well do that.
+1. Hope to see you there.
NNJR instruction (as well as the other regions mentioned in this thread) is top notch.
Nothing to be intimidated about. Come on out and join the fun.
Happy to have you.
Nice video LV. Very informative.
Old 02-08-2019, 05:54 PM
Deadeye
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

We (NCR-PCA) have a two day HPDE event at Lime Rock July 22 & 23. We may also have the wet skid pad with Lee Carpentier and his miatas. No chance of snow or ice
Old 02-11-2019, 11:55 PM
roketman
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 93 Posts

CVR RULES!
But that being said is there a bad region??
If you are in the Ma area come check out PALMER MOTORSPORTS PARK!
Old 02-12-2019, 10:47 AM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Also Hooked on Driving Lime Rock Park June 7,8. Weekend., UNMUFFLED. D group by invite.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:53 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gofishracing
Also Hooked on Driving Lime Rock Park June 7,8. Weekend., UNMUFFLED. D group by invite.
I'll be at the HOD event both days.
Make sure you save a session to right seat me so you can show me how bad I suck and try to help fix me.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:57 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by roketman
CVR RULES!
But that being said is there a bad region??
If you are in the Ma area come check out PALMER MOTORSPORTS PARK!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zF0-aXsAPw
I am a member at PMP but didn't get there much last season as I did a lot of travelling around to various tracks for DE days.
It is a wonderful track. Probably the most underrated track in the Northeast.
Def worth checking out. Talk about elevation change....
Plan on getting a few days there this season for club member days.
I am allowed to bring a guest or two during the season, so if any of you haven't been and wanna check it out during a member day, lemme know and I'll see what i can arrange.
Waiting for the member day schedule to come out and then I can set up my schedule.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:19 PM
Cemoto
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by dgrobs
I am a member at PMP but didn't get there much last season as I did a lot of travelling around to various tracks for DE days.
It is a wonderful track. Probably the most underrated track in the Northeast.
Def worth checking out. Talk about elevation change....
Plan on getting a few days there this season for club member days.
I am allowed to bring a guest or two during the season, so if any of you haven't been and wanna check it out during a member day, lemme know and I'll see what i can arrange.
Waiting for the member day schedule to come out and then I can set up my schedule.
Wait no more!

Dates are subject to change - April 23rd will be removed for the private Rennlist air/oil cooled day.

http://palmermsp.com/calendar/

Regards,

Old 02-12-2019, 07:26 PM
BFT3.2
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 67 Posts

A bunch of us ran Palmer backwards (clockwise) during a CVR Advanced DE last summer. Super fun and feels like a whole other track, by the end of the day I was matching my counter clockwise times ..not sure if that's a good thing or not.

Quick Reply: Anyone here frequent LRP?