Alpharetta Georgia help...

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 01:48 AM
fatbillybob
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Alpharetta Georgia help...

Hi Guys,

I took some crash damage at Sebring last week. I'm back in Cali but my C5Z vette racecar is in Alpharetta. Do any of you guys have a referral to a reputable body shop that can get me repaired by march for Road Atlanta?

Thanks!
Old 01-17-2019, 08:50 AM
MyNameIdeasWereT
Pro

Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

Performance Auto Collision, in my opinion, is the BEST repair shop in the South East and they just so happen to be in Alpharetta. https://www.bodyshopatl.com/

They usually specialize in high end luxury and super cars, mostly dealing with insurance claims. But cash always speaks too.

In 2012, my dad's 2011 Boxster Spyder was rear ended and pushed into another car. $25k worth of damage to the front end and rear. Performance Auto Collision shipped a chassis jig from Germany to check for any flaws. They rebuilt it and repainted it. My dad picked it up and drove it from their shop to a PCA concours and took first place with a PERFECT score, which is nearly impossible to get at PCA concours events...
Old 01-17-2019, 09:24 AM
iammacey
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by MyNameIdeasWereT
Performance Auto Collision, in my opinion, is the BEST repair shop in the South East and they just so happen to be in Alpharetta. https://www.bodyshopatl.com/

They usually specialize in high end luxury and super cars, mostly dealing with insurance claims. But cash always speaks too.

In 2012, my dad's 2011 Boxster Spyder was rear ended and pushed into another car. $25k worth of damage to the front end and rear. Performance Auto Collision shipped a chassis jig from Germany to check for any flaws. They rebuilt it and repainted it. My dad picked it up and drove it from their shop to a PCA concours and took first place with a PERFECT score, which is nearly impossible to get at PCA concours events...
They are very good.

I'm located just north of Alpharetta. If I can help in any way, please reach out and let me know.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:31 AM
CharleyH
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to hear about this. How bad is your damage?

Charley
Old 01-17-2019, 01:31 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Most shops don't understand racer bodywork. They'll put too much time into and charge as they would for a street car.

Comprent Motorsports is another group that works mostly on formula and sports racers and would be an option but I would first start with one of the following.

Todd Lamb at Atlanta Speedworks. he'll know who to bring a race car too. he has a spec boxster but has spent much of his time in spec Miata.
Tom Fowler OPM autosports. SM group as well. He takes care of one of the prettiest SM on the grid so knows how to make them pretty after on track contact.

Last edited by Circuit Motorsports; 01-17-2019 at 01:43 PM. Reason: oops.
Old 01-17-2019, 01:41 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,833 Likes on 1,670 Posts

Originally Posted by Circuit Motorsports
Most shops don't understand racer bodywork. They'll put too much time into and charge as they would for a street car.
Comprent Motorsports is another group.

Todd Lamb at Atlanta Speedworks. he'll know who to bring a race car too. he has a spec boxster but has spent much of his time in spec Miata.
Tom Fowler OPM autosports. SM group as well. He takes care of one of the prettiest SM on the grid so knows how to make them pretty after on track contact.
^^This^^

Comprent will do it in carbon fiber! They have a great composite shop. Kevin K is the man.

Seriously, Todd or Tom can help the quickest.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 01-17-2019, 06:29 PM
fatbillybob
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 83 Posts

Thanks guys!!!
Old 01-18-2019, 12:44 AM
LostSouth
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You may want to check with Vengance Racing in Cumming (just north of Alpharetta). They specialize in GM vehicles.

Last edited by LostSouth; 01-18-2019 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Wrong city

Quick Reply: Alpharetta Georgia help...