Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Racing & Drivers Education Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum-65/)
-   -   Mid Ohio Club Race & DE (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum/1123956-mid-ohio-club-race-and-de.html)

Chipster 01-13-2019 08:51 PM

Mid Ohio Club Race & DE

The PCA Club Race at Mid Ohio is back this year with new dates and a new format. First, we pushed the race forward a few weeks to 17-19 May - hopefully eliminating the need to bring the Hoosier Snows. Next we expanded the run groups to include the 911 Cup, 944 Cup and the new PCA ClubSport Series. And to make it a party, we invited the Vintage Group to come and play. We will do the normal two sprints on Saturday with enduros on Sunday (third sprint for Vintage).

Also new for 2019 the Mid Ohio Region is teaming up with the Northern New Jersey Region and will host an Advanced-only DE in between races. Registeration opens for the DE on MotorsportsReg.com on January 15th with the Club Race opening on ClubRegistration.net on April 1st.

This event will not be affected by the government shutdown.

NaroEscape 01-13-2019 09:05 PM

I plan to be there running in Vintage.
Thank you for hosting the Vintage Group, looking forward to it!

993944S2 01-13-2019 09:40 PM

Has there been any official announcement on 911 Cup?

M_Weining 01-13-2019 09:44 PM

Chip, thanks of the update, for including the Vintage Group and for info about the DE so we can alert our non-racing buddies. Mid-Ohio is one of my favorite tracks, has such great "flow". Looking forward to the event as it's been way to long since my last visit.

Whats the recommended hotel these days? Has the region negotiated any discount rates?

dgrobs 01-13-2019 10:56 PM

Hoping to be at the DE all 3 days. Will be my first trip to Mid-O. Pretty psyched. Heard nothing but great things about that track.

drive418 01-14-2019 08:47 AM

Looking forward to it Chip. The MORPCA always does a nice job with this event. If you haven't been to Mid Ohio before, you won't be disappointed. This is an event that we all need to support...Club Racers and DE participants.

Burger 01-14-2019 10:21 AM

What does a DE/Club Race schedule look like in this scenario? Attending past NNJR Advanced DEs, we would get an amazing amount of track time. What can we expect from this event?

Chipster 01-14-2019 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by M_Weining (Post 15563899)
Chip, thanks of the update, for including the Vintage Group and for info about the DE so we can alert our non-racing buddies. Mid-Ohio is one of my favorite tracks, has such great "flow". Looking forward to the event as it's been way to long since my last visit.

Whats the recommended hotel these days? Has the region negotiated any discount rates?

Hi Mark. We are setting a block of rooms at the Quality Inn in Belleville. It should be somewhere around $109/night.

Chipster 01-14-2019 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Burger (Post 15564660)
What does a DE/Club Race schedule look like in this scenario? Attending past NNJR Advanced DEs, we would get an amazing amount of track time. What can we expect from this event?

Expect four 30-minute DE session per day.

M_Weining 01-14-2019 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Chipster (Post 15564886)
Hi Mark. We are setting a block of rooms at the Quality Inn in Belleville. It should be somewhere around $109/night.

Thank you!

dgrobs 01-14-2019 01:34 PM

Chip, I'm a bit confused on the dates/time of the DE vs the Race.

Will these be going on at the same time? I see both are scheduled for 5/17-5/19 (Fri-Sun). Am I reading that right?

Will the races be run between DE sessions or Visa-Versa?

Sorry if I don't understand, but can you clarify? Thanks...

Chipster 01-14-2019 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by dgrobs (Post 15565137)
Chip, I'm a bit confused on the dates/time of the DE vs the Race.

Will these be going on at the same time? I see both are scheduled for 5/17-5/19 (Fri-Sun). Am I reading that right?

Will the races be run between DE sessions or Visa-Versa?

Sorry if I don't understand, but can you clarify? Thanks...

Yes, the DE and race groups will take turns on the track throughout the weekend. We’ve run this format for a few years and it works pretty well. We currently are planning for two DE groups and three race groups - but that may change depending on registrations.

dgrobs 01-14-2019 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Chipster (Post 15565353)

Yes, the DE and race groups will take turns on the track throughout the weekend. We’ve run this format for a few years and it works pretty well. We currently are planning for two DE groups and three race groups - but that may change depending on registrations.

Mid-O is on my bucket list.
I have never been to Mid-O before, and I am in White as far as NNJR goes and Black with a couple other regions.
I am thinking maybe I should grab a Red driver for the first White/Black session so as to learn the line? Any volunteers?
I can run Mid-O on my sim before the event, but it's not the same.
Anyone (Red instructor) attending wanna jump in my right seat for the first White session? I'll take it from there.
The advanced events I have done have all been at The Glen and Pocono, but those are tracks I have many many days at already and have had no issues running with the big boys.
I'm new to Mid-O. Should I not even bother registering for this DE and get my feet wet at a regular format DE first?
I sure as hell don't want to hold anyone up while on track during the first session while I am learning the line.
Suggestions?

PGas32 01-14-2019 05:00 PM

I wouldn’t overthink it. Those who are fast and know the way around will find their way past pretty quickly.

jdistefa 01-14-2019 07:05 PM

Will be there with a bunch of other Canucks. Mid-Ohio is of course absolutely mantastic.

Thx as always Chip!