Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Racing & Drivers Education Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum-65/)
-   -   IRacing League - 2019 (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum/1123697-iracing-league-2019-a.html)

99999 01-12-2019 12:15 PM

IRacing League - 2019

Everyone,

Justin has graciously given me access to be an Admin for the existing Rennlist iRacing league. I've been with iRacing for awhile now, am currently a B ranking, but I'm not fantastic. However, I can certainly get the races going so everyone who wants to participate can have some fun. I'll be posting updates here, and I think through IRacing I maybe able to send notifications to everyone who is a member of the League about events, but I'll figure out how all of this works and report back here. Current plan is to attempt the first organized race this upcoming Wednesday. I'm not sure what time the races were in the past, if anyone can provide some details about what worked, that would help me a lot. I'm in Central Standard Time, so please indicate your time zone if you are suggesting times, etc. I also may need a couple of volunteers for a "trial run" of the league prior to Wednesday. Perhaps tomorrow evening.

Spinout 01-12-2019 12:26 PM

Count me in as a back marker!

aualexa2 01-12-2019 12:45 PM

Will be a few more weeks before my rig is assembled and running, but I'm in.

Paul Solk 01-12-2019 01:21 PM

Sebring? RSR? I'm in :)

99999 01-12-2019 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Solk (Post 15560760)
Sebring? RSR? I'm in :)

RSR is a must, even though I have to admit I’ve been driving the R8 recently. Sebring sounds good.

Apex996 01-12-2019 02:21 PM

Great!
Once the details are ironed out, please update/edit that first post and put the dates, times etc in bold so newbies can always find it in the first post. Admins need to sticky it.
A link to, or a little info on how to join a League Race would also be a good idea in that firs post. You'd be surprised at how many people use iRacing and have no idea how to join a league (cough cough)

I find the RSR a lot more forgiving and the Cup more like our real cars. I'm cool with either, but let's pick one and stick with it please.

Looking forward to it.

ajcjr 01-12-2019 02:51 PM

im on iracing as well and would be interested.

thanks

mdrums 01-12-2019 07:03 PM

Did iracing for the first time the other day and someone’s house....I loved it. Where some of the best places to get a complete package ready to go?

carmad 01-12-2019 07:41 PM

Once I get my rig up and running, I'm in.

will968 01-13-2019 12:22 AM

I got back into it recently. RSR is a blast once you get your setup figured out.

Difool 01-13-2019 08:31 AM

COM SCC runs their league on Wednesday nights as well, so I haven’t had a chance to join the Rennlist sessions.

matt33 01-14-2019 01:32 AM

Vote for the Ruf Track car.

Much more fun to drive than the Cup car IMO (actually handles like the 997 GT3) and a fixed setup that is pretty good means you just get in and drive.

Matty

Gary R. 01-14-2019 12:32 PM

99999 - you do know IRacing has (and belongs in) it's own "sticky thread" up on top of this Forum, yes? Maybe the mods can move this for you.

99999 01-14-2019 12:42 PM

Didn't know if that's how best for us to handle the information regarding the setup of this season. I put a post in there that referenced this thread. was trying to keep this "reintroduction" to the current league to be pretty clean. I can continue discussions there if that makes the most sense. In fact, it makes sense to me. Anyone looking for more here, i'll update the permanent thread.

JustinL 01-14-2019 02:04 PM

Thanks for taking on the league! I will rejoin when life settles down a bit, but in the mean time I'm happy to help with the league how ever I can. It is hard to keep everyone happy with race times and car choice... so just rule it with an iron fist. It probably is time to let the old thread fade into obscurity and re-launch the league with this new thread.