Sponsored by:

Big Willow Jan 19th

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 04:41 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 507 Likes on 338 Posts
Default You missed a good one Willow Springs 1/19/19

Willow Springs, 1/19/19......I suppose there were lots of reasons not to go, it had been raining, it would probably be cold and windy, the track had been refinished so it could be slippery....in the Real World, it was great day, blue skies, perfect temperatures and no wind to speak of. The re-finishing of the track provided for excellent traction... sad to say, I had the only Porsche car in the field of about 15 cars...so much track time available. I had 4 sessions before lunch, and one post lunch..had to leave early to take care of some business around the house.

In the session before lunch I got to do a little Corvette dicing....now that was fun...there were three of them out there, one of them was extra powerful, super fast down the front straight. The other 2 were well driven.....

I would recommend running with Checkered Flag Racing, they run a clean, well organized event. They have several one (1) day Laguna Seca events long up later in the year.I am going to try to make at least one of them.
Old 01-20-2019, 09:43 AM
zzyzx
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This was a great event! Only about 20 people showed up. I would highly recommend Checkered Flag Racing. The organizer was very friendly and everyone was courteous on track.

Quick Reply: Big Willow Jan 19th