Porsche Air-Cooled Cup USA Series - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Air-Cooled Cup USA Series

 
Old 12-12-2018, 06:53 PM
  #16  
GT3DE
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
GT3DE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Arlington, VA, USA
Posts: 3,121
Default

With the demise of the pca letter classes, we have been kicking around the idea of a new 911 class to include all 911 D, E, F, and G cars. Balance of performance through weight, all other previous letter class rules still apply.
We just ran in 2018 our inaugural 911 CUP series, with Hoosier sponsoring free tires, for 911 E class cars only.
The idea is to expand the 911 CUP to include the other 911s up through the 964 - D, E, F and G.
Last year it was a 5 race weekend series.
In the future we'd like it to be a new pca class - 911CUP - and be a national championship covering all pca races.

Last edited by GT3DE; 12-12-2018 at 09:46 PM.
GT3DE is offline  
Old 12-12-2018, 06:57 PM
  #17  
rsabeebe
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
rsabeebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: plano, tx
Posts: 2,075
Default

THAT should be televised!! quality stuff, right there.
rsabeebe is offline  
Old 12-12-2018, 08:49 PM
  #18  
tcsracing1
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
tcsracing1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere in a galaxy far, far away....
Posts: 16,163
Default

Originally Posted by GT3DE View Post
With the demise of the pca letter classes, we have been kicking around the idea of a new 911 class to include all 911 D, E, F, and G cars. Balance of performance through weight, all other previous letter class rules still apply.
We just ran in 2018 our inaugural 911 CUP series with Hoosier sponsoring free tires.
The idea is to expand the 911 CUP to include the other 911s up through the 964.
Last year it was a 5 race weekend series.
In the future we'd like it to be a new pca class - 911CUP - and be a national championship covering all pca races.
that would be an amazing class!
tcsracing1 is offline  
Old 12-13-2018, 08:35 AM
  #19  
993944S2
Addict
Rennlist Member

 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,352
Default

911 Cup = Awesome. Let's keep this idea moving forward. I have an F class 911. Would love to run against the E cars but there is to much to change at this point.
993944S2 is offline  
Old 12-13-2018, 11:58 AM
  #20  
TREMPER
User
 
TREMPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Clayton, New Jersey
Posts: 245
Default

What about "H' cars....
TREMPER is offline  
Old 12-13-2018, 12:07 PM
  #21  
GT3DE
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
GT3DE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Arlington, VA, USA
Posts: 3,121
Default

Originally Posted by 993944S2 View Post
911 Cup = Awesome. Let's keep this idea moving forward. I have an F class 911. Would love to run against the E cars but there is to much to change at this point.
In our proposed 911CUP you would NOT change anything but weight.

Last edited by GT3DE; 12-13-2018 at 02:41 PM.
GT3DE is offline  
Old 12-13-2018, 12:09 PM
  #22  
GT3DE
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
GT3DE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Arlington, VA, USA
Posts: 3,121
Default

Originally Posted by TREMPER View Post
What about "H' cars....
H has 993 and 996 and 997.
we are staying old school in 911CUP, no water cooled.
also the 993 is waaaaay different from previous 911s. Too different.
GT3DE is offline  
Old 12-13-2018, 12:12 PM
  #23  
GT3DE
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
GT3DE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Arlington, VA, USA
Posts: 3,121
Default

In 911CUP we have to start with G car and then progressively take out weight for F, E and D until we have theoretical parity in lap times.
By the time we get to D, thats a lot of weight coming out.
GT3DE is offline  
Old 12-13-2018, 01:03 PM
  #24  
Nader Fotouhi
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Garden State
Posts: 949
Default

Originally Posted by GT3DE View Post
H has 993 and 996 and 997.
we are staying old school in 911CUP, no water cooled.
also the 993 is waaaaay different from previous 911s. Too different.
If the idea is to include all air-cooled which goes through 98, it has to be weight/HP based, correct? Likely needs adding weight to 3.2s and 964 running in G and dropping weight from 993s. If this works out, I may have to buy my 993 back!
On the down side, it fractures the PCA letter class racing even more because non-944 water-cooled have to be shuffled to find cars in classes, not to mention vintage group to a lesser extent. As is typically the case in life, someone(s) will be left out.
Nader Fotouhi is offline  
Old 12-13-2018, 01:27 PM
  #25  
GT3DE
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
GT3DE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Arlington, VA, USA
Posts: 3,121
Default

Originally Posted by Nader Fotouhi View Post
If the idea is to include all air-cooled which goes through 98, it has to be weight/HP based, correct? Likely needs adding weight to 3.2s and 964 running in G and dropping weight from 993s. If this works out, I may have to buy my 993 back!
On the down side, it fractures the PCA letter class racing even more because non-944 water-cooled have to be shuffled to find cars in classes, not to mention vintage group to a lesser extent. As is typically the case in life, someone(s) will be left out.
The idea is not to include all air cooled cars. Never was.
993 is too different looking, too different mechanicals/suspension.
GT3DE is offline  
Old 12-13-2018, 01:46 PM
  #26  
TREMPER
User
 
TREMPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Clayton, New Jersey
Posts: 245
Default

How about 964 "H" cars which are now non-competitive in H class
TREMPER is offline  
Old 12-13-2018, 02:21 PM
  #27  
tcsracing1
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
tcsracing1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere in a galaxy far, far away....
Posts: 16,163
Default

I would say remove the 964 and 993. The coil spring and ABS is too far advanced for the earlier cars.
tcsracing1 is offline  
Old 12-13-2018, 02:43 PM
  #28  
GT3DE
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
GT3DE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Arlington, VA, USA
Posts: 3,121
Default

Are the F cars 964's?
GT3DE is offline  
Old 12-13-2018, 03:15 PM
  #29  
993944S2
Addict
Rennlist Member

 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,352
Default

Yes.

993944S2 is offline  
Old 12-13-2018, 04:11 PM
  #30  
993944S2
Addict
Rennlist Member

 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,352
Default

Sorry. My answer is not accurate. Stock 964's are in F. If prepared I believe they move to H. Simlar, my 87 911 is normally and E car. I have 930 brakes with some other stuff that pushes me to prepared F. I'm still not sure if that answers the question.
993944S2 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: