LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,190 Likes on 1,564 Posts

Originally Posted by Paseb
So you bought uglum or belluardo car?

Didnt have a chance to come say hi

Next time
I bought Uglum's old car but the reason you never saw it is because I was chasing brake issues the whole weekend. I had to drop out of the enduro with 20 minutes left as I went through new front pads in an hour. I'm pretty sure with the pace you were setting in the sprints I would have still had some work to hang with you. You had a couple of nice drives but I guess you had a problem in the enduro as I think I saw your car limping at one point on the back straight?

If you come to the Lime Rock race I would hope to show you what the back of my car looks like. ;-)
Old 02-04-2019, 05:13 PM
vwmurph
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://clubracingphotos.smugmug.com
Old 02-04-2019, 05:18 PM
brownan
Rennlist Member

Received 202 Likes on 100 Posts

Either I forgot how to drive between Summit Point in September and the Sebring race, or my car was suffering from a power deficit. I'm going with the power deficit. Struggled with pace all weekend and it felt like the other G cars (and F, and E) just drove around me all weekend. Was fun regardless and scraped together two 3rds and an Enduro win in-class to prevent being in too huge of a points hole. The guys can chuck the car on the dyno when it is back north and make sure none of its 265 massive ponies have escaped the barn. On to the next event...it was fun racing with everybody, sorry if I was a rolling chicane this weekend!
Old 02-04-2019, 05:30 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,190 Likes on 1,564 Posts

Originally Posted by vwmurph
Unless I am doing something wrong it looks like pictures of about 20% of the cars from day 1 only? Maybe they have not loaded everything yet.
Old 02-04-2019, 06:11 PM
Paul Solk
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 79 Posts

For me it was a great event personally. Great to just be able to drive at Sebring this year after the Fusion last year. Very fortunate that I came away with my back and legs feeling great! I never really felt myself down there, sort of fighting an illness all week that's absolutely floored me today since the adrenaline wore off LOL. Work has not been enjoyable today at all!

A week of great people, glad to see Corey get workers choice with his perseverance, Marc and his Cup seemed to be bonding well and he had podiums all weekend, sad to see Frank and the #20 didn't have the weekend they wanted but good to see Mike the grouch in his element again..

It was my first time ever driving Sebring in real life, lots of sim laps though, not feeling well, a PDK that was going to and getting struck in neutral for no reason then Sports Plus not engaging but we still made progress every session, set my fastest lap in the last race, didn't put a wheel wrong, don't "think" I annoyed anyone too badly (on track at least) and the car came home in one piece. Can't really ask for too much more than that!

Mission accomplished

Last edited by Paul Solk; 02-04-2019 at 06:47 PM.
Old 02-04-2019, 08:32 PM
T&T Racing
Rennlist Member

Received 335 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
Good to see friends at the track and good to finally race the new car. Bad news was that I chased a brake issue all weekend culminating with multiple spins and then had to end my enduro with 20 minutes left. Good news is that the issue was uncovered and will be resolved before LRP.

Glad to see Corey M get a workers choice award after a rough start and JD (Fumes) getting a well deserved first in the enduro with a very tough field!

I've already set my sights toward the LRP race and being the first to take the checker. I decided on GTB1 because it had some of the best drivers so looking forward to what this year will bring.
Your descriptors point to either a failed MC not relieving brake pressure to let the caliper pucks release or caliper pucks nor releasing with the brake pedal released
Old 02-06-2019, 12:25 PM
Fumes
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks my friend! Was a war of attrition...crazy fun race though.

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
Good to see friends at the track and good to finally race the new car. Bad news was that I chased a brake issue all weekend culminating with multiple spins and then had to end my enduro with 20 minutes left. Good news is that the issue was uncovered and will be resolved before LRP.

Glad to see Corey M get a workers choice award after a rough start and JD (Fumes) getting a well deserved first in the enduro with a very tough field!

I've already set my sights toward the LRP race and being the first to take the checker. I decided on GTB1 because it had some of the best drivers so looking forward to what this year will bring.
Old 02-07-2019, 02:13 PM
txhokie4life
Drifting

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Paseb
Sprint 2

Race starts at 4:40
interesting moments starting after double yellow at 15:45 until 26:00

https://youtu.be/lX5YVZkEy58
I loved how you set both passes up by doing a cross under at the end of the long straight, but the pass didn't occur until a few turns later because you were able
to keep your momentum and deny the other driver his preferred line without dive bombing. It was not so much passing under braking, but getting a better run
out of a corner by taking a shallow/underneath line and getting into the throttle a little earlier and then denying the preferred line through the next series of corners.

I'm still new to club racing and have been mentally processing how to pass someone who in theory is driving the identical car as you, while doing it "safely" and "cleanly"
I haven't driven Sebring, but I can see how you maneuvered on track to pressure and set things up. Thanks for sharing.

Might explain why your a 2 time national champion :-)

Mike

Old 02-09-2019, 12:49 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 797 Likes on 489 Posts

https://www.redcasephotography.com

Some pics from Joe from the weekend:
Old 02-09-2019, 02:17 PM
Weston Dillard
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by txhokie4life
Might explain why your a 2 time national champion :-)

Mike
Man, that video is a driving clinic isn't it? Patient aggression. While other folks might have gotten impatient and dive bombed, he just kept showing the nose until he got the run, all the while without letting the car in the mirror slip by. Thanks for sharing Seb!

West
Old 02-09-2019, 02:32 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,390 Likes on 743 Posts

Originally Posted by Weston Dillard
Man, that video is a driving clinic isn't it? Patient aggression. While other folks might have gotten impatient and dive bombed, he just kept showing the nose until he got the run, all the while without letting the car in the mirror slip by. Thanks for sharing Seb!

West
Spot on!

Great event as usual, thanks PCA !!!
Old 02-12-2019, 09:43 AM
Fumes
Racer

Great week. Small fire on second day of dmtd when a trans cooler line let go, but Charlie and Intersport gang got me back out. As per usual.

First two sprints were a mixed bag. Racing in b1 is completely different animal from I stock. So much traffic, quicker pace, and learned more racecraft in my first sprint than I think I did in two years in I. IT IS BUSY out there. You have to really work to stay focused forward and behind, defend and keep momentum, while looking ahead eyes up through traffic. I really enjoyed the challenge. Anyways, two sprints, one spin - goal was top ten and I think I got a p10 and a p4. Very stoked.

Enduro was probably the most fun I've had in a race car. The Sp997s are very fast in a straight line, as are the b2 cars, so lots of work to get passes done. I focused on consistency and avoiding drama. Patience and wait for opportunities. Evan never told me where I was running, so kept my head down and smooth smooth smooth try to roll the speed and hit my marks. Despite getting owned on the restart I fought my way back and ended up p1 in class, p2 overall in a war of attrition -- not the mightiest drive and a perfect pit stop helped me eek it out. I'll take it. Great to see friends at the track as always -- and big thanks to the volunteers who make it all happen.

Old 02-12-2019, 11:19 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 797 Likes on 489 Posts

Originally Posted by Fumes
Great week. Small fire on second day of dmtd when a trans cooler line let go, but Charlie and Intersport gang got me back out. As per usual.

First two sprints were a mixed bag. Racing in b1 is completely different animal from I stock. So much traffic, quicker pace, and learned more racecraft in my first sprint than I think I did in two years in I. IT IS BUSY out there. You have to really work to stay focused forward and behind, defend and keep momentum, while looking ahead eyes up through traffic. I really enjoyed the challenge. Anyways, two sprints, one spin - goal was top ten and I think I got a p10 and a p4. Very stoked.

Enduro was probably the most fun I've had in a race car. The Sp997s are very fast in a straight line, as are the b2 cars, so lots of work to get passes done. I focused on consistency and avoiding drama. Patience and wait for opportunities. Evan never told me where I was running, so kept my head down and smooth smooth smooth try to roll the speed and hit my marks. Despite getting owned on the restart I fought my way back and ended up p1 in class, p2 overall in a war of attrition -- not the mightiest drive and a perfect pit stop helped me eek it out. I'll take it. Great to see friends at the track as always -- and big thanks to the volunteers who make it all happen.

Congrats JD - it is usually a great group to run with, especially at the pointy end of the grid. Lots of skill and respect. People will not give you a foot but at least an inch of room. However, it was sad to see that only half the field finished the Enduro.

To finish First you must first finish!
Old 02-13-2019, 03:09 PM
Fumes
Racer

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S
Congrats JD - it is usually a great group to run with, especially at the pointy end of the grid. Lots of skill and respect. People will not give you a foot but at least an inch of room. However, it was sad to see that only half the field finished the Enduro.

To finish First you must first finish!
True that and thanks Frank. It's even worse than you said - I think 7 cars finished 12 DNFs

And yeah I found the racing close and competitive but very fair on the whole. Was really impressed by in-class cars who knew they weren't on lead lap and were very forgiving in terms of traffic and mindful not to impact what was going on around them.
Old 02-13-2019, 03:16 PM
russell263
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For anyone who hasnt seen this album yet, tons of photos here of all run groups: https://photos.app.goo.gl/fuY2mWH4YNZkWnHF7

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sebring PCA 48 Hours