Sponsored by:

TraqGear Ceasing Operations

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2018, 11:23 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 808 Likes on 494 Posts

Sad to see. Any chance you’d sell the business?
Old 11-24-2018, 01:52 AM
matt33
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Lots of interest here it seems... perhaps value it at $3m and sell 8 x 5% stakes at $150k each to facilitate scaling the business??

Have no idea of the actual economics, but legit products with brand recognition don’t come easy!

Best of luck and hoping you get another crack at growing it.

Matty
Old 11-24-2018, 06:36 AM
uscarrera
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 613 Likes on 300 Posts

Roger thanks for the shirts you made I wore one each of the 3 days at our DE Instructor School at Sebring last weekend including my Blue PCA racing version always talked to DE people about the need for good safety equipment and always included your fire resistant shirts in those discussions, good people make good products best of luck in whatever direction you take in the future with Traqgear.
Rich
Old 11-24-2018, 08:45 AM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

Really sorry to see you moving on, but I see the logic.
I have always been so impressed with the enthusiasm you and your products generated on Rennlist.
Made me think 'he must be quite a guy.'
Good luck in your next venture!
Old 11-24-2018, 09:33 AM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

Please give me a call Roger, i invest in small manufacturing companies, maybe we can work out a deal to keep your products on the shelves for us racers.
I'll PM my direct number.
thanks,
Clarke
Old 11-24-2018, 12:11 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow! Thanks for the outpouring of love for the products and the kind remarks about me. You know, that's what made the brand special and it's exactly what made it so much fun. Hearing the stories of meeting some of you at the track, your own shared experiences and the continued relationships mean the world to me. That's the thing that makes racing and track driving so special as well. It's a common interest we truly only "get" unless we experience it on some levels ourselves.

There is some interest to buy TG. I would definitely have to give that some thought. There isn't any inventory to speak of to pass on to a potential owner, but launching the biz and creating the product was an enormous undertaking even on this scale. There was countless hours of research that goes into something like this and passing on that knowledge would not be easy either. It's a lot more than pointing to supplier and dealer relationships. But, it would be a heck of a lot easier than recreating that scenario from scratch for sure if someone has a passion to take on such a task. I have several PM's I'll answer asap as well.

I can't wait to get back on track though! I think about it probably way more than I should. I will see you guys out there in the next couple of years without a doubt. With another startup on my plate, the funds will most likely surface before the extra time will. I have never in my life enjoyed a hobby or sport as much as driving the track. Having an accepted product in the space was a dream come true.

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 11-24-2018, 07:39 PM
mobonic
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Why not crowdfund your next batch of inventory.

What is the minimum order from your supplier?

Maybe if you can get enough people to commit and buy upfront you can use those funds to make all the inventory and sell out rinse and repeat.

I have never used any of your products but I would buy to support the "little guy" (many of us are still "little guys" within industries)
Old 11-28-2018, 08:30 PM
9912B
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the fine products you made and the excellent customer service you provided. I hope to have the opportunity to buy more Traqgear products in the future.
Old 11-28-2018, 08:50 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,442 Likes on 1,001 Posts

Wearing my TG watch as I type. Sorry it didn’t work out for you at the level you wanted it to.
Best of luck going forward.

Quick Reply: TraqGear Ceasing Operations