Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wheels to match RE71’s - harness - data r7 slip angle vs re71

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2018, 09:32 PM
josserman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been a crazy day, sorry for not jumping in earlier. The plot graphic Matt posted looks like what the formula produced, but as Peter said, one of the objectives was looking at initial response, what it took to get the car to turn. As a result of looking at the data we saw we needed a bit more rear bar, but just minimally. Keep in mind this running 1100/1000 springs.

Originally Posted by ProCoach
I thought Justiin, with Drew's help, was identifying and comparing the rate at which the tires "turned in." That was the context of the original post.

The formula posted was from a Race-Technology forum demonstrating how understeer/oversteer might be plotted well, so Matt expanded on that very nicely with an example drawn from some of the information John Block presents.

My read of the original post was that Justin and Drew were not attempting to plot understeer/oversteer, but instead, track the initial response of the tire. Not tracking the sustained balance, but instead looking at the difference in what it took to get the car turned.

I can see how this could be done by comparing the initial steered input, comparing it to the expected steering input and then, comparing the delta between each tire...

But I could be wrong with that intent by the OP.

Good discussion though.

Quick Reply: wheels to match RE71’s - harness - data r7 slip angle vs re71