Sponsored by:

Optimize the track experience in SoCal

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 02:29 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 507 Likes on 338 Posts
Talking Optimize the track experience in SoCal

I just discovered how to make a weekend track event, a peak and most memorable experience.....sign up for track support. In my case it was Vollig Autowerks out of San Diego, run by Adam Gill and his assistant. This is truly the arrive and drive experience you have dreamt about, well at least I have. They are at all PCA events, as well as some POC events. Here is what you get for a very nominal fee: A clean windshield, always nice to have, you go out with your tires set to the correct pressures, come in and they are measured for the delta, and modified if needed, later in the weekend, they will also do post run session pyrometer temps right after track exit....followed up by an explanation of the temps they have recorded and what they indicate. If you need tires changed, they'll do one set a day. Something breaks on your car, and it's fixable, they'll fix it. I had my sub straps come undone, I could have spent considerable time getting them hooked up again...they got it done in 15 minutes. I had an brake cooling scoop that needed replacement, got it done in a few minutes. Having been to Buttonwillow many times, I didn't ask for in car instruction from Adam, but it's available if needed. He will also assess the performance of your car. Adam has experience considerable driving success in his career, AX champ in San Diego Region PCA, 3 years in a row. His forte is car building, from scratch if need be. He is also very talented diagnosing arcane problems and offering a solution. I have had him do some work on my GT3, in general, fixing previous "work" that was done on my car in the past, under my tutelage and that of other previous owners. Keep your eye on Vollig Autowerks.....their new shop will be up and running in the San Diego area in the next few months.

In conclusion, I will be influenced to attend future events where Vollig Autowerks is offering support. It is a very comforting feeling to know that a very talented and resourceful person has your back.
Old 11-13-2018, 11:16 AM
mcipseric
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Adam is a great guy!
Old 11-13-2018, 11:54 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mcipseric
Adam is a great guy!
Adam has developed quite a following in San Diego . For a while, Adam was a resource that one through “word of mouth” advertising. I “discovered” Adam as the result of a referral from Rennlist’s CFGEN, who happens to be one of the most knowledgable GT3 guys I have ever met. If he says check out Adam, I was compelled to do so, and very pleased that I did. Enough said.
Old 11-13-2018, 04:13 PM
cobradvm
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Can you share what the cost is for those services?
Old 11-13-2018, 06:24 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Default Share the cost?

I don’t feel at liberty to share the cost, trust me, for what you receive, it’s a bargain, go to Vollig Autowerks on Facebook and post the question.

All i I can say is that it is money well spent. I no longer have to haul tools, a jack and N to the track, nor break my back changing tires.

PM me and i’ll Get you Adam’s contact information.

Quick Reply: Optimize the track experience in SoCal