Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help newbie pick a race series

Old 11-09-2018, 12:44 PM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

Given your risk assessment of the SRF this might not be an option but have you considered racing karts?

For a very long time I’ve had the competitive desire to run wheel to wheel but I’ve never had the budget to support to. I have a ton of fun in DE, lapping and time trials with my GT3 but it still left me craving more. I didn’t have the desire to just race, I wanted to compete for wins.

Ive found that in Karting, and been humbled with the learning curve. I’ve gone from winning al my DE’s to being mid pack in Karting and continually working to get to the top. I strongly suggest it to anyone budget limited but wanting to race. They have “masters” classes at most local clubs for the older guys to run against each other. The drivers are much more controlled and calculating. I can go on and on but if it’s not a fit I won’t.
Old 11-09-2018, 01:30 PM
pkh
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiOn19s
Given your risk assessment of the SRF this might not be an option but have you considered racing karts?

For a very long time I’ve had the competitive desire to run wheel to wheel but I’ve never had the budget to support to. I have a ton of fun in DE, lapping and time trials with my GT3 but it still left me craving more. I didn’t have the desire to just race, I wanted to compete for wins.

Ive found that in Karting, and been humbled with the learning curve. I’ve gone from winning al my DE’s to being mid pack in Karting and continually working to get to the top. I strongly suggest it to anyone budget limited but wanting to race. They have “masters” classes at most local clubs for the older guys to run against each other. The drivers are much more controlled and calculating. I can go on and on but if it’s not a fit I won’t.
We have an awesome karting track but its about an hour a way with no traffic and 2x as long with traffic. I also find my joints aren't quite up to the punishment all of the time.

Also, I still plan on doing DE stuff with my GT4 in-between racing events to keep practicing. Karting would be a good augmentation of that too, so I will keep that on my mind.
Old 11-09-2018, 11:02 PM
autosea
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Alright I'm going to thro this out there. I live in the NW. I have support with a race shop and have 2 944 race cars. I also have helped with building a Lucky dog team out of Seattle running Miatas which has turned into a two car deal.I am reaching out to "cobradvm" thread starter for ideas for his goals of arrive and drive
I have a PCA and NASA race liceinse. I would like both of you to come join us and race with GGR Porsche Club. They are awesome and put on great racing with plenty of track time. I can supply both of you a 944 built by the master Greg Fordahl for aroun $20K each. I know everyone likes the Boxter as a one design platform but I have y reasons not to like them as a race car.
I have to go out no do a little promoting here as racing porsches at the low end of things in the NW is a bit low in attendance.
I like the idea of supplying and supporting race cars for arrive and drive. I also fully like the endurance racing aspect of Lucky Dog. I will offer both of you the chance to race a 944 with me in the up coming Lucky Dog series. Just a bit faster than a Miate but more room for big boy and its a Porsche. Miatas and 944's are perfect class C cars..
One grey area with seat rental in a series like lucky dog is the grey area for damage caused by racing. In an Ileal world I would like to offer up a car owned by three or four . A typical Lucky Dog car cost around $20K. Split that cost $5K each for the car then each person is out less if it gets damage.

Old 11-09-2018, 11:30 PM
autosea
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Fordahl Motorsports 944

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help newbie pick a race series