Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Piloti Shoe sale again !

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 11:06 AM
PLNewman
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 67 Posts

I went a full size up and they fit perfect. Right shoe is tight in the toe, but that's me...not Piloti. Just loosen the laces.
Old 11-06-2018, 05:33 PM
OGRacing
Addict Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Clark-ApexPerformance
When Canadian Tire and Rubber bought what was left of the original PIloti they significantly changed the shoes design. THey made the shoes narrower to the point
where the average person cannot wear them. The shoes are now made in China whereas they had been made in Vietman. Then they increased the price of the shoes by 100%. What used to retail for $75 is now $150.
WE were a big dealer under the old regime and then signed up with Canadian Tire. In 2006 we sold somehere in the neighborhood of 1200 pair of Pilotis under the old regime.
Under the new regime we can't give them away.
Like you, we drank the Koolaid twice. When Canadian Tire came back a third time we passed. They must have thought they could double the price and nobody would notice. I'd forgotten that they were made in in the Nam. Fifty years later and that place still won't let go of me.

Bill
info@ogracing.com

Sparco's Largest Distributor for 28 Years
PFC Distributor for 27 Years
Pagid, Alpinestars, MOMO, OMP, Hawk, Bell, Aim, G-Force, HJC,
HANS, Arai, Simpson, Brey Krause, Longacre, CoolShirt!
Supplying Track Junkies for 34 Years.

PCA Club Racing - National Sponsor Since 1998

A Veteran Owned Business

Check out our blog!

Old 11-06-2018, 07:15 PM
RSA964993
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 79 Posts

Curious of who makes a good driving shoe that really isn't a pure racing shoe. I looked at the selections and some look really good but weren't in my size. After the quality/fit comments I kind of moved on. I have pure racing shoes for racing but wondering if anybody goes with a driving shoe for light track duty that they where around the paddock or away from the track?
Old 11-15-2018, 11:49 AM
StoogeMoe
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Are these Hunziker shoes that Pelican is selling any good? They have a sale going on.
Old 11-16-2018, 01:11 PM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Meh to me these look like ugly rock climbing shoes and the soles are too thick/clunky. I'd rather wear full fireproof racing boots or just Nike frees for driving on the street.
Old 11-16-2018, 01:20 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 762 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by RSA964993
Curious of who makes a good driving shoe that really isn't a pure racing shoe. I looked at the selections and some look really good but weren't in my size. After the quality/fit comments I kind of moved on. I have pure racing shoes for racing but wondering if anybody goes with a driving shoe for light track duty that they where around the paddock or away from the track?
Some of the shoes that Driving Impressions puts out are good. I like the grid shoes https://www.teamdi.com/product-category/shoes/teamdi/

They private labeled these to lots of tracks and groups, so you can find the same shoe with a different color scheme or embroidery pretty easy.
Old 11-16-2018, 04:30 PM
Clark-ApexPerformance
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
Some of the shoes that Driving Impressions puts out are good. I like the grid shoes https://www.teamdi.com/product-category/shoes/teamdi/

They private labeled these to lots of tracks and groups, so you can find the same shoe with a different color scheme or embroidery pretty easy.
We got them Private labeled. For the price you will not beat them. https://apexperformance.net/shop/dri...ex-performance. I have a wide foot and they fit me great. Feel like you have slippers on.

ApexPerformance.net
Premier Racing Outfitters

Toll free: 866-505-2739
Direct: 843-299-0997
EM: chamerly@apexperformance.net
www.apexperformance.net

Save 10% on your next order over $75 on most items- enter Promocode Rennlist-10 on your next order or mention Rennlist during your phone order.

PCA Club Racing - National Sponsor
Old 11-16-2018, 08:55 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 762 Likes on 500 Posts

Those are the ones! Great shoe for driving.
Old 11-18-2018, 09:48 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

I like the Puma Motorsport shoes mostly the DriftCat, I wear a 13 https://us.puma.com/en/us/mens/shoes/motorsport

These Pumas and the shoes that Clark at Apex have are good.
Old 11-18-2018, 03:05 PM
BlackOptic
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
I like the Puma Motorsport shoes mostly the DriftCat, I wear a 13 https://us.puma.com/en/us/mens/shoes/motorsport

These Pumas and the shoes that Clark at Apex have are good.
OK, thanks! Those Puma’s look cool. But BMW? Really? Mercedes? Never! Ferrari/Red Bull? That sounds poseur... Where them P-shoes at? :-)
Old 11-21-2018, 10:23 AM
e9stibi
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

I bought the team DI shows based on the recommendation that they are great if you have wide feet. The Pumas are are just too narrow for me. Shipping was very fast and for 50 bucks, I am very impressed. They are comfortable for my wider feed from the first time wearing and the fit was true to size for me.

Quick Reply: Piloti Shoe sale again !